San Francisco to LA via PCH

Author
wmceaton
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 314
2014/03/27 17:21:16 (permalink)

San Francisco to LA via PCH

In mid April I'm flying out from Boston to take the family on a coastal drive along the PCH in a RV from San Francisco to LA. I've found a good number of spots in the archives here......but does anyone have any favorites that they wouldn't mind sharing?
Trucks, carts & shacks....all suggestions are welcome.

Q

3 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4009
    Re:San Francisco to LA via PCH 2014/03/27 17:49:16 (permalink)
    wmceaton

In mid April I'm flying out from Boston to take the family on a coastal drive along the PCH in a RV from San Francisco to LA. I've found a good number of spots in the archives here......but does anyone have any favorites that they wouldn't mind sharing?
    Trucks, carts & shacks....all suggestions are welcome.

Q

One favorite is Jocko's in Nipomo. Meats cooked over live red oak fire, excellent quality and cooked perfectly. Usually an hour wait but well worth it. Pismo Fish and Chips in Pismo Beach has really good fried fish and clam chowder. If you can get more precise on your exact route as well as times (weekday, weekend, day or evening) then I can suggest many more places. Make sure you look up some of my threads on the subject. Also, how much time in SF before you leave and how much time in LA?
    Root-Beer Man
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 378
    Re:San Francisco to LA via PCH 2014/03/27 20:34:14 (permalink)
    There's a Pacific Coast trip report that someone did here a year or two ago that was really good. I remember there being a good place up north towards SF for cioppino and there were some nice mid coast steak places for tri-tip. Wish I could remember who posted that one. Should show up on a search, tho. My favourite place, when I lived in the Bay area was Tommy's Joynt in SF. Great roadfood and a fantastic beer selection, if you're so inclined. The buffalo was always good and they serve most stuff as a sandwich plate or dinner plate. Well worth the trip!
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4009
    Re:San Francisco to LA via PCH 2014/03/27 20:47:14 (permalink)
    Root-Beer Man

There's a Pacific Coast trip report that someone did here a year or two ago that was really good. I remember there being a good place up north towards SF for cioppino and there were some nice mid coast steak places for tri-tip. Wish I could remember who posted that one. Should show up on a search, tho. My favourite place, when I lived in the Bay area was Tommy's Joynt in SF. Great roadfood and a fantastic beer selection, if you're so inclined. The buffalo was always good and they serve most stuff as a sandwich plate or dinner plate. Well worth the trip!

Are you talking about this report, Root-Beer Man? It even includes my lunch at Tommy's Joynt with love2bake. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1