The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative Thu, 01/20/11 1:01 PM (permalink)
I plan to purchase a sandwich prep station brand True model TSSU-27-8. I would like a bigger station but there is limited room on my truck and I need room for my other equipment.

My concern is that I have several type of sauces and toppings and this particular prep station only holds 8 topping/condiment bins. I do not want to store my additional toppings and sauces in the lower refrigerated part as I would have to bend down open the door, grab the items over and over as I fix sandwiches.

I am looking for some piece of equipment that can supplement the sandwich prep station that can hold my condiment squeeze bottles and additional toppings and keep them chilled. Sort of like a  table top food warmer but only I need a table top food chiller that does not use ice as a refrigerating method as this is not allowed by my health department. I think I have maybe 18 inches of additional width to add an additional piece of equipment.
<message edited by reese77 on Thu, 01/20/11 1:47 PM>

catnhatnh

• Total Posts: 192
    Re:Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative Fri, 01/21/11 1:07 AM (permalink)
    There is a simple fix. Go down to your local bar and watch where the tender gets the garnishes for the mixed drinks. Usually it is a plastic box about 18" x 4" x 6" with a clear plastic top. Inside are six small plastic hoppers and below those is room for cold water, cool packs or ice. These will usually be promotional items from booze sellers. They work great for stuff from mayo, to dill slices, jalepenos, etc....I keep an open slot for mine in the door under the prep top to keep it cold during slack periods. Since it is a promotional deal the bar owner may have extras you could beg or buy. Failing that I picked up the two I have on E-bay for under $20.00 each. Best of luck with the new project.

Edited to add:The same container could have some or all of the hoppers removed, along with the appropriate part of the clear glass lid to hold some squeeze bottles.
    <message edited by catnhatnh on Fri, 01/21/11 1:12 AM>

Buck & Vi's

• Total Posts: 822
      Re:Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative Fri, 01/21/11 6:40 AM (permalink)
      i bought something like this from rest. depot pretty inexpensive also

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
        Re:Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative Fri, 01/21/11 2:49 PM (permalink)
        catnhatnh

There is a simple fix. Go down to your local bar and watch where the tender gets the garnishes for the mixed drinks. Usually it is a plastic box about 18" x 4" x 6" with a clear plastic top. Inside are six small plastic hoppers and below those is room for cold water, cool packs or ice. These will usually be promotional items from booze sellers. They work great for stuff from mayo, to dill slices, jalepenos, etc....I keep an open slot for mine in the door under the prep top to keep it cold during slack periods. Since it is a promotional deal the bar owner may have extras you could beg or buy. Failing that I picked up the two I have on E-bay for under $20.00 each. Best of luck with the new project.

Edited to add:The same container could have some or all of the hoppers removed, along with the appropriate part of the clear glass lid to hold some squeeze bottles.

Thanks for the feedback, I initially thought of this but did not thing it would pass health code but I guess I could take it in and out of the cooler during down time as you stated.

JodyP

• Total Posts: 322
          Re:Sandwich Prep Station Table, cooler alternative Tue, 01/25/11 9:51 AM (permalink)
          We use one at our Auction House snack bar. Works great. We put all the hot dog condiments in it. Also Rest. Depot has free cooler packs that work well with it. It holds two packs side by side.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com