Sarki's- Best greasy spoon in midwest

Author
brunofunk
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2008/07/03 15:02:53 (permalink)

Sarki's- Best greasy spoon in midwest

Okay, I have been pestering my brother (co-founder of this fine website) to add this restaurant for years. I finally joined so I can spread the good word of Sarkis! It is located at 2632 Gross Point Rd(between Crawford Ave & Hartzell St) in Evanston, IL (not far from Old Orchard Mall. It is a total dive off the beaten path. Anyway, it offers the best breakfast food around plus some amazing sandwiches called "Loretta's". My brother and I agree that a bacon Loretta with everything is possibly the best breakfast sandwich ever created. It is a Turano french bread roll grilled with butter and topped with bacon, onion, tomato, green pepper, and Wisconsin brick cheese. They add a dab of mayo and greek seasoning. Add a fried egg on top for a square meal. I suggest drowning it in the house hot sauce. Order a side of hash browns to complete the meal.

They also have ham (the house specialty), veggie, and a "disaster" (quasi sausage/ hamburger patty) Loretta's. All are amazing. The specialty is their omelette's but you can't go wrong with the Loretta's.

It is much cleaner and legit now than in my hangover heyday, but anytime I am within 5 miles of the place I am sure to swing by for some fattening fun....

3 Replies Related Threads

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8669
    RE: Sarki's- Best greasy spoon in midwest 2008/07/03 20:29:32 (permalink)
    Name dropper!!!!!!!!!!!!
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4566
    RE: Sarki's- Best greasy spoon in midwest 2008/07/03 22:03:59 (permalink)
    The Funk Brothers? I thought they were professional wrestlers.
    phatphil
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 670
    RE: Sarki's- Best greasy spoon in midwest 2008/07/03 22:38:47 (permalink)
    SARKIS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AS WHEN SARKIS TASHIJAN AND HIS SIDEKICK SANDIEGO RAN IT, MORE OF A SHOW AND BOY DID HE LOVE HIS WOMEN CUSTOMERS, DISASTER SANDWICHES AND HASH BROWNS OR A CHEESEBURGER AT 6AM, THE BEST WAS WHEN MOLLY HATCHETS BUS STOPPED THERE WHEN WE WERE EATING AND THEY ALL SAT DOWN AT A TABLE TO MUNCH, HAD A FEW REGULAR CELEBRITIES ONCE IN A WHILE
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1