Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Sauce ON or OFF ?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35
Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
RE: Sauce ON or OFF ? Thu, 02/3/05 1:20 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chezkatie

The only time I want sauce on 'que is for the pulled pork and if it is the East Carolina vinegar based sauce. Otherwise, I want to eat my 'que with sauce on the side.

I always put extra, and different, sauce on Eastern NC Q to jazz up the vinegar. Most eastern NC BBQ joints have a selection of sauces on the table so you can choose the amount of "heat" you want to add.

On the other hand, I usually add some of the house sauce at "Lexington # 1" and will sometimes isolate a little of the Q and add some Tabasco (or the NC brand, "Texas Pete") for a different taste. We usually buy a few bottles of the sauce from # 1 to have on hand to give a little of the Lexington taste to crock pot pork loin.

seafarer john

RE: Sauce ON or OFF ? Fri, 02/4/05 10:01 AM (permalink)
    Hillbilly: While you are in the Tampa Bay area be sure to get to The Butler's BBQ in a little strip mall off 9th St across the service road from the big Kmart. They serve very good vingary peppery Eastern NC BBC. A sandwich comes already sauced, and a red sauce is served on the side. I never add any sauce at all to their BBQ. I find it perfectly sauced just as they serve it. I guess that will serve it unsauced, don't know, I never asked.

Cheers, John

Skylar

• Total Posts: 14
      RE: Sauce ON or OFF ? Fri, 02/4/05 12:18 PM (permalink)
      Hmm, I baste with the sauce the last 30 minutes of cooking my meat (just to give it a good coating...not a whole lot of sauce) and then I serve a cup of on the side too.

Mr.Pig

• Total Posts: 35
        RE: Sauce ON or OFF ? Sat, 02/5/05 9:50 AM (permalink)
        We would love to have you too. I used to haunt the Lake Thonotosassa swamps,just outside Tampa, that's where I learned to cook gator, armadillo and swamp cabbage. You all need to come here and raft this wonderful whitewater on the Nolichucky River. You can hike a piece of the Appalachian Trail, eat some Q, trout fish, see waterfalls, add infinitum. Come on up here Peachpie.

Theedge

• Total Posts: 1196
          RE: Sauce ON or OFF ? Sat, 02/5/05 11:37 AM (permalink)
          For ribs I’ve been rubbing them with yellow mustard and spices. Smoke at 225 for 4-5 hours, mop them with some sauce, foil them, put em back in for about ½ hour. I was never a big rib fan, but I can’t get enough of the suckers now.

I still like my beef and pulled pork dry. Sauce on the side.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com