Savannah Joe's BBQ in Kilmarnock, VA

Author
Qaholic
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2009/07/05 10:29:10 (permalink)

Savannah Joe's BBQ in Kilmarnock, VA

I just wanted to post that I tried a new BBQ place over the weekend and let you know not to bother the food was Bland and the service SUCKED!!!!!!!  The guy thought he was the BBQ NAZI like the Soup NAZI on Seinfeld. My Wife, daugher and I went there and it was a place where you go up to the counter to order and then they call your number when your order is ready.

My daugter and I waited outside at a table while my wife went inside to order, my daughter wanted a cheese burger and of course the wife and I BBQ. When my wife ordered the cheese burger she asked for lettuce and tomatoe and the guy yelled from behind the counter that they were out of tomatoes, and he didn't want to waste the lettuce, my wife shot him a look and he said well maybe I could give you a little. There was a grocery store directly across the parking lot from them, so you would thin the idiot would have sent someone over for some lettuce and tomatoes, what a dumba$$ She also told them the order was for there, but they boxed it up to go, I got a chooped pork platter with baked beans and coleslaw, the pork was dry and tasteless and the beans and slaw were thrown into the styrofoam container on top of a piece of tinfoil. WTF!!!!

My wifes chicken was so dry it was almost dust and my daughters cheese burger was just that, a joke of a burger with a slice of cheese, no other condiments at all.  I was hungary and not in the mood to argue so I choked it down vowing never to return. I did go back inside to get a refill of tea and it was a self serve deal that you had to get ice out of a cooler and then fix our drink. The cooler was on a table right next to a ice machine, and there was a guy standing there with his wife waiting on their order and he asked if I found the ice, I said yes, thank you. He said beause he had started to get ice out of the machine not knowing it was in the cooler and the guy behind the counter yelled at him to stay out of it and use the cooler.

At that point I made it a point to talk loud enough that the A--hole behind the counter heard me and everyone else in the place that he must think he is the BBQ NAZI and that he must think a lot of what he calls BBQ, because in my opinion it SUCKED!!!!!! and that I would never waste my money in that place again. I have been to BBQ places all over the USA and I prefer the little hole in the wall places over the chains, and most all of them serve good food and have great service and appreciate your business. I'm not sure how long that dip s--t has been in business, but with that attitude I bet he won't be around long.

3 Replies Related Threads

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Savannah Joe's BBQ in Kilmarnock, VA 2009/07/05 10:44:59 (permalink)
    So how do you REALLY feel about the place????
    harriet1954
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1165
    Re:Savannah Joe's BBQ in Kilmarnock, VA 2009/07/05 17:30:07 (permalink)
    No, he's right. If someone acts like they're doing you a favor by waiting on you, and it's just crap, I'll be the first one to open my mouth. I'm not afraid of anybody, and if people just let service and food like this HAPPEN, then it will continue to happen. I'd tell him off after I've been served, of course, or at least talk loud enough so that he hears. You're right up my alley, Qaholic.

Politically correct I never was.
    post edited by harriet1954 - 2009/07/05 17:40:02
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Savannah Joe's BBQ in Kilmarnock, VA 2009/07/05 17:37:52 (permalink)
    harriet1954

No, he's right. If someone's acts like they're doing you a favor by waiting on you, and it's just crap, I'll be the first one to open my mouth. I'm not afraid of anybody, and if people just let service and food like this HAPPEN, then it will continue to happen. I'd tell him off after I've been served, of course, or at least talk loud enough so that he hears. You're right up my alley, Qaholic.

Politically correct I never was.

Nor me harriet! As a restaurant owner I know that 48% of people come back to a restautant because of the way they were treated, 12% because of the food, put the 2 together and you'll have repeat customers for life!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1