The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Saweet Swiss Potato

pathend

• Total Posts: 19
Saweet Swiss Potato Wed, 08/15/07 12:23 AM (permalink)
Hi! I'm new here, and I figured I'd throw around a list of some foods that I've encountered from years of travel. The first one I'd like to talk about is a Swiss Potato soup in a quaint restaraunt called the Quilted Bear in Milwaukee, WI.

The establishment on it's own isn't anything out of the ordinary. More or less, it's a higher class steakhouse, with the attitude of being semi-formal. Yet, there's something so accessable about it. When I visited it last, I was significantly younger than I am now, and I went with my father and grandfather as well as our family. So... as for the prices... I'm not sure how high it went.

Now, for the soup. I don't quite remember how it was placed, but I do remember that this particular soup was homemade, and featured as a "special" item. Upon recieving it, I noted that it didn't have a grainy texture as many cream-based soups, and it went down quite smooth. As for the taste... well, I'm not sure how to describe it. It still remains as one of my best experiences with soup. It was quite cheesy, but not too much. The potatoes acted more like a sponge than anything else, and only sopped up the delicious flavor.

So, in short, I suggest if you ever find yourself in Milwaukee, swing by the Quilted Bear and pay your respects to the soupmakers. And, if you have to... put on a tie.

pathend

• Total Posts: 19
    RE: Saweet Swiss Potato Fri, 08/24/07 7:18 PM (permalink)
    Well, heh... uh... I just did a look-see on the Quilted Bear, and... erm... they sorta took the Swiss Potato soup off the menu. So, scratch that!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com