Saweet Swiss Potato

Author
pathend
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
2007/08/15 00:23:55 (permalink)

Saweet Swiss Potato

Hi! I'm new here, and I figured I'd throw around a list of some foods that I've encountered from years of travel. The first one I'd like to talk about is a Swiss Potato soup in a quaint restaraunt called the Quilted Bear in Milwaukee, WI.

The establishment on it's own isn't anything out of the ordinary. More or less, it's a higher class steakhouse, with the attitude of being semi-formal. Yet, there's something so accessable about it. When I visited it last, I was significantly younger than I am now, and I went with my father and grandfather as well as our family. So... as for the prices... I'm not sure how high it went.

Now, for the soup. I don't quite remember how it was placed, but I do remember that this particular soup was homemade, and featured as a "special" item. Upon recieving it, I noted that it didn't have a grainy texture as many cream-based soups, and it went down quite smooth. As for the taste... well, I'm not sure how to describe it. It still remains as one of my best experiences with soup. It was quite cheesy, but not too much. The potatoes acted more like a sponge than anything else, and only sopped up the delicious flavor.

So, in short, I suggest if you ever find yourself in Milwaukee, swing by the Quilted Bear and pay your respects to the soupmakers. And, if you have to... put on a tie.

1 Reply Related Threads

pathend
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Saweet Swiss Potato 2007/08/24 19:18:46 (permalink)
    Well, heh... uh... I just did a look-see on the Quilted Bear, and... erm... they sorta took the Swiss Potato soup off the menu. So, scratch that!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1