Schoops Hamburgers

Author
Bluntfacts
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 78
2007/07/01 23:31:26 (permalink)

Schoops Hamburgers

We have one Schoops here in Las Vegas, but it is a lengthy drive from my part of town. Is it worth a visit, especially if it is 110 degrees in the shade?

3 Replies Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4229
    RE: Schoops Hamburgers 2007/07/02 00:20:43 (permalink)
    Define "lengthy". And are there any really good burger joints that you're aware of that are in between you and Schoop's?

Schoop's puts out a pretty good griddled burger. They cook them Steak N Shake style by slapping a large wad of ground beef onto a hot griddle and mashing it down as it cooks creating a very appetizing crispy dark brown edge around the burger. Their burgers are bigger, juicier, more flavorful, and more reasonably priced than Steak N Shake.

Schoop's home region is northwest Indiana with a few locations also in the far southeast suburbs of Chicago. If I just happen to be down in either of those areas, and I just happen to pass by a Schoop's, and I just happen to be hungry, I will stop in without a moments hesitation. However, seeing as how there are plenty of good burger joints to be had all over Chicago and its suburbs, I see no reason to make a special trip down to the nearest Schoop's which is a good 25 miles away or more.

Hope that explanation answers your question.

Buddy
    Bluntfacts
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Schoops Hamburgers 2007/07/02 16:37:10 (permalink)
    I apprecaite the info. I have four or five taverns on my side of Vegas that serve great burgers. Or maybe it's the beer with the burger, but no one I have taken has ever complained. Schoop's could easily be a 30 to 45 minute drive. I think I shall wait until the fall.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4229
    RE: Schoops Hamburgers 2007/07/02 17:00:03 (permalink)
    A good, nearby tavern burger definitely has the edge over a Schoop's burger. However, if you ever find yourself in the area, it is worth a stop.

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1