Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........

Author
parigi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
2008/12/23 20:42:13 (permalink)

Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........

Hello everyone:
                         I'm spending winter in the area of St.Marys,Ga.It's a very charming town dating from the 1800's.I'd like to know if there is someone on this site that had a good experience in a restaurant ser
ving seafood or southern food in the area.It can be in St. Marys proper or small town such as Kingsland
or about.Many thanks for any information you can suggest.Have a very Happy Holidays!!!!!!!parigi.

8 Replies Related Threads

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2119
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2008/12/24 14:39:25 (permalink)
    Hey, I've been there. The place an't all that big. Try all of em. find the ones you like and let us know what you find.
    Bill Reynolds
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 230
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/16 23:20:57 (permalink)
    It's probally a little late but theres a very good place down on the waterfront across the street from the docks. I can't remember the name but they are a good place to eat. Fernandina Beach is not far away and they have plenty of choices.
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/25 09:34:50 (permalink)
    The dining room in the old hotel down by the water offers an excellent rock shrimp dish that we've enjoyed many times. Diagonally across the street is a very good seafood restaurant (laings??) which can have a long wait for a table sometimes. A small Greek restaurant on the main drag  a block or so up from the hotel is a bit pricey, but welcoming and tasty. And back near I-95 there's a drive-in with curb service where I had a really good root beer float a few years ago.

This year when driving south we skipped St Marys and drove on to St Augustine, a town we had never before visited. OSteens proved to be every bit as good as Roadfooders have been saying over the years. The fried shrimp with Datil sauce were a unique treat and; the staff is friendly and efficient. The only minor problem we had with the place was their strange practice of requiring clients to check in at a small take-out window and wait outside 'till a table is ready  - it was a chilly January evening and uncomfortable out there in the dark parking lot. It helped a lot that another suffering but friendly couple shared our misery and, as it happened, we were seated next to each other when we went inside and they proved to be delightful dining companions. 
    brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1151
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/25 09:51:51 (permalink)
    There's also a place back up the road across from the Cumbeland Suites and it's kind of back off the main drag on stilts. It's mostly a steak place but they also offer local seafood. A bit pricey and hard to tell when they're open.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10516
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/25 09:53:54 (permalink)
    seafarer john-
    While at O'Steen's, you should have waited for your table in the antique store next door.  The have an intercom in there so you can here your name being announced. 
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/25 10:02:10 (permalink)
    The place across the street from the docks is Lang's Marina Restaurant.  100 East St. Mary's Street.

seafarer, the hotel is The Riverview Hotel at 105 Osborne Street.

http://riverviewhotelstmarys.com/
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/25 21:50:16 (permalink)
    BB: Our new aquaintences in the parking lot at Oteen's commiserated with us that the antique shop was closed for the day - anyhow, my asthma acts up when i'm exposed to anything older than myself.

MD: Thanks, I'd forgotten the names and I was too lazy to look them up in my notes

Brisket: We've been to that place in the tidal marsh and very much enjoyed a drink and some munchies on their veranda. It looked closed that last few times we were through that area...

Cheers, John 
    speechpeach
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re:Seafood joints in St. Marys,Ga........ 2009/02/28 16:25:38 (permalink)
    I seem to recall eating a fairly decent steak at The Riverview Hotel, along with some crab or seafood bisque that I tried to duplicate.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1