Search for restaurants???

Author
wbh721
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2008/03/04 11:25:33 (permalink)

Search for restaurants???

I searched for Pizza restaurants in Illinois and found one...hot dogs about 5 in Chicago and one downstate....Italian restaurants in Michigan and found none...I know there are many more in all these areas, so what gives????
Bill Higgins

10 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18625
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/04 11:40:15 (permalink)
    What gives? Roadfood is not the Yellow Pages. The restaurants listed are those that have been reviewed on Roadfood.

Welcome to Roadfood.
    wbh721
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/04 14:03:07 (permalink)
    I didn't think it was the Yellow Pages however Roadfood is suggesting that you go search for restaurants by criteria and list those to choose....it did not state that we will only show those reviewed...read the home page!

If the idea is to help you find places to eat as you "hit the road", then they should say.."go to the Yellow Pages...do not search Roadfood.com!!!
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/04 14:34:55 (permalink)
    You can do a general search on the Forums, I know there several threads on Chicago pizza and Chicago hot dogs that aren't formal reviews by the Sterns but are part of discussions between the members. Also you can go to Regional Forums and go into the Where Should I Eat? topic and do a search there.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18625
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/04 20:20:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wbh721

I didn't think it was the Yellow Pages however Roadfood is suggesting that you go search for restaurants by criteria and list those to choose....it did not state that we will only show those reviewed...read the home page!

If the idea is to help you find places to eat as you "hit the road", then they should say.."go to the Yellow Pages...do not search Roadfood.com!!!

I take back my welcome to Roadfood.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/05 09:02:28 (permalink)
    Have you tried ASKING the folks here on the board--for suggestions-----these places are spots we all KNOW and and like and are passed on to the rest of us all in the spirit of sharing with folks of a like mind. If this isnt enough---like Michael said---try the Yellow pages----and get a listing of ALL the restaraunts---good and bad---and try them all yourself---me--i'd rather use this fine site and the folks that hang here---NEVER have i visited any of the recomendations here that was not worthy of my dollars and my taste buds!
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4615
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/05 11:42:07 (permalink)
    Bill may have missed the point of this site.

Bill, I think if you get the knack of this site you'll trouw away your phone book for good someday.

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/03/05 12:12:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wbh721

Sorry you misunderstood the type of search you were accessing, but it seems pretty clear to me you are searching "roadfood restaurants" not all restaurants.

"The holy grail of Roadfood restaurant searching has been found. GoRVing.com was kind enough to provide us with enough sponsorship contributions to map the search results. Go to http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurants/ (or the quick search on the home page), enter your search criteria, and then see exactly where the restaurants our located throughout the country. Finding good eats has never been easier."

As others have suggested, a search of the forums will provide you with additional insights.

Jennie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 389
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/04/12 14:20:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I take back my welcome to Roadfood.

Sfreader
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 503
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/04/15 17:38:36 (permalink)
    Who has Yellow Pages anymore?

There isn't a phone book in my house.

BTW Doing a search on the forums doesn't always bring up all the times the word appears. Last week I did a search on "Emporia" looking for a recent discussion. Although I later remembered where the discusion was, that instance never appeared in search.

Keith
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6393
    RE: Search for restaurants??? 2008/04/15 18:19:44 (permalink)
    Sigh! Roadfood.com is a free resource for searching and yet someone complains? " />

Keith, You are right. A search will not always bring up a word. I've determined that with some words I know to exist in message threads. Also the search on a word will only bring up the thread and will be next to useless if the thread is a multi-page thread causing you to click through page by page until you find the word. The absolute best way to search Roadfood.com is to type in your search word and include the word Roadfood.com in a Google search. That search will take you right to the web page you want.

Also, even though every pizza restaurant worthy has probably been mentioned in Chicago, it would be extremely difficult to simply search the forum for them. A Pizza Chicago Roadfood.com search will find you 20,400 hits on Google.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1