Seasons: New Restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky

Author
scrumptiouschef
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 698
2012/04/19 14:13:28 (permalink)

Seasons: New Restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky

I received a report from my mom last night on a new restaurant that has opened in downtown Corbin, Kentucky.

Seasons is inside the House Of S&J which contains a jewelry store, a furniture showroom and now a luncheon cafe.

Mom is a member of the Red Hats, a group of ladies who show up once a month at an area restaurant for a luncheon. The gals get all dolled up, don their red hats and go out for a meal and a gabfest.

Seasons is expensive by Corbin standards. Mom had the chicken salad which set her back ten dollars. She was still hungry at the end of the meal and considered a dessert but the bourbon pecan pie would have put her lunch total near 20 dollars which for Corbin is an outrage.

She reports that the chicken salad was fine but not up to the high standards of her own. A cup of soup is five dollars.

The room is gorgeous. Outfitted with fine tables, a tiger striped rug and numerous Victorian oddities. A feast for the eyes she mentioned.

Downtown Corbin lost Vittorino's a very fine Italian restaurant inside the old Dixie Dog cafeteria so the folks who work in the town center definitely need more food options to compliment the Hardees that's been an anchor since the 70s.

One of mom's table mates tried the Hot Brown and raved about it. On my next visit to Corbin I'll have to give the Kentucky classic a go as it's one of my all time favorite dishes.

If you're in Corbin and don't feel like waiting in line at the Rootbeer Stand you may want to try Seasons Restaurant. If you do please report back.

2 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10411
    Re:Seasons: New Restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky 2012/04/19 17:25:46 (permalink)
    The Red Hat Ladies I know usually include a little libation with their get togethers. Are Flasks required in that part of KY? 
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Seasons: New Restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky 2012/04/19 18:15:18 (permalink)
    The House of S&J sounds like a fun unique location for an afternoon out with the ladies.

Those prices! They are just about on par with Four Seasons once the bill is tallied!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1