Hot!Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
hatteras04
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1106
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/03 14:35:41 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

WarToad

While I'm glad the Seahawks won, that was a sleeper of a game.  I'd say it was less about how well the Seahawks played, but how poorly the Broncos played.

I have to disagree. Seattle flat out played gangbusters. Their defense just would not let up, and their offense played adequately. Denver's defense, which has been suspect all year, mainly as a result of injuries, did not play as well as it had during the regular season and even in the playoffs. But it did hold Marshawn Lynch to just 39 yards on 15 carries. The injury riddled offensive line still managed mostly to keep Manning protected, and he set a Super Bowl record for completions.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  It looked like Denver designed their defensive gameplan to stop Lynch thinking that Wilson couldn't beat them.  But he played the game he needed to.  He extended plays and found the open man play after play - especially on third down.

I don't think there is any scenario where Denver would have won last night but I wonder how different a game it would have been if they hadn't had that miscue on the first play.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7382
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/03 14:36:28 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

lleechef

MetroplexJim

Denver is blaming Fox' coverage for their poor performance.

No, no.  Denver lost because Chris Christie closed the end zone to them. 

You have indeed "one-upped" me!

I didn't go to Westminster for nothing!
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/04 15:51:10 (permalink)
This just in...Seattle QB Russell Wilson is skipping Disney World and going to Texas Rangers spring training instead. Really. Also, I agree that the singing of the National Anthem was as good or better than Whitney's years ago. RIP...I also enjoyed the half time show with Bruno Mars...he's kind of like the new Prince (or whatever his name is). Lastly, the Budweiser commercial with the puppy got me all choked up. All in all I'd give the event an A-...being a huge Russell Wilson fan (he went to UW and I've met him numerous times) helps a lot.
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6430
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/04 16:13:08 (permalink)
Russell Wilson was not the MVP so had no need to go to Disneyworld. He was drafted by the Rangers this year in a supplemental Rule 5 draft for $12,000 out of the Colorado Rockies system and I suspect they'll get their money's worth they had to pay in publicity. The other Texas team probably wish they had him for real.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10407
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/05 03:58:54 (permalink)
lleechef
MetroplexJim
lleechef
MetroplexJim
Denver is blaming Fox' coverage for their poor performance.

No, no.  Denver lost because Chris Christie closed the end zone to them. 

You have indeed "one-upped" me!

I didn't go to Westminster for nothing!

AND a fine institution it is! Founded in 1852, “Westminster College was the first integrated and unrestricted coeducational college in the nation.”
Pennsylvania has some of the finest small Liberal Arts colleges in the country. In addition, there's Westminster, Grove City College, Thiel, Geneva, Washington & Jefferson and others along with the 14 state universities that started out as Teachers Colleges like, Indiana, Edinboro, Clarion, West Chester and of course Slippery Rock, (or is it Rolling Rock?) 
Pennsylvania's higher education institutions produce many well educated Alumni, some of which can be found on here!
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/05 10:47:46 (permalink)
Foodbme
Thanks for all the nice comments about PA colleges.  I always felt I got a good education at Westminster.  My two uncles and one aunt are grads of what used to be California State Teacher's College in California, PA. 
And yes, it's Slippery Rock........Rolling Rock is a beer, silly.    But you knew that.

EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4138
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/05 12:08:10 (permalink)
lleechef

Foodbme
Thanks for all the nice comments about PA colleges.  I always felt I got a good education at Westminster.  My two uncles and one aunt are grads of what used to be California State Teacher's College in California, PA. 
And yes, it's Slippery Rock........Rolling Rock is a beer, silly.    But you knew that.

I guess if there can be a Pittsburg, CA then there can also be a California, PA. I'm sure they ar both nicer than Baghdad, California!

eruby
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 720
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/06 08:53:58 (permalink)
And don't forget Indiana University in Indiana, Pa.
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/06 09:48:15 (permalink)
eruby

And don't forget Indiana University in Indiana, Pa.
Speaking of your home state....Salisbury Steak University. Little trivia...Jimmy Stewart was from Indiana, PA  (I know they dropped the "steak" about 10 years ago, right?)

post edited by Pancho - 2014/02/06 09:50:47
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8695
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/06 21:07:58 (permalink)
And of course Miami of Ohio-Dad taught there one summer, and that's where I learned to swim.
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4138
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/06 21:34:22 (permalink)
A few years ago there was a lawsuit regarding similar team merchandise designs. Seems that the University of Southern California decided that USC and "SC" merchandise from USC looked too similar to theirs. Oh, yeah------the USC that lost was the University of South Carolina!

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10407
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/06 23:44:36 (permalink)
lleechef
Foodbme

They drink Rolling Rock at Slippery Rock and every other institution in the Tri-State Area!
Occasionally, you would find Iron City, Ft Pitt, Duquesne and Old Frothingslosh in the Frat Houses too. 
When I started in 1959 at what is now Indiana University of PA, it was Indiana State Teachers College and the Teams were the "Indians". While I was there, it changed to Indiana State College. Not sure when it got Politically Correct and when it became IUP. 
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:Seattle Wins... The Coin Toss and that is all! 2014/02/07 00:43:48 (permalink)
We didn't drink anything at Westminster because New Wilmington is dry.  To get a beer you had to go to New Castle!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1