Seeking food partners for San Francisco-Bay Area food tour in May

Author
WarmBeer
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
2014/04/03 04:11:56 (permalink)

Seeking food partners for San Francisco-Bay Area food tour in May

I'll be visiting SF mid May for 6 days for the specific purpose of sampling as many interesting food locations as possible. I can usually hit 5-6 spots in a day.  Having a few friends along to share the tastings means more different tastes, fewer leftovers and a more comfortable stomach at the end of the day. I have a long list of spots I'd like to get to but I'm flexible too.   Anyone at all interested in joining in for a day or two?  

2 Replies Related Threads

SFS Fan
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 59
    Re:Seeking food partners for San Francisco-Bay Area food tour in May 2014/04/03 04:52:02 (permalink)
    Despite being less than 50 sq. miles, San Francisco is truly a mecca for foodies.  If you have the financial means to do so, I would recommend spending one of your visitation days with an organized walking food tour of "The City".  One is www.foodtoursofsanfrancisco.com and they currently offer food tours of North Beach or the Mission District.  They're also planning a tour of Chinatown but it is not yet available as of this writing.  Tours are $60 per person per tour.  North Beach is well known for its Italian fare and the Mission is known for its Mexican/Latin American cuisine.  Yes, the HUGE Mission burrito originated in the Mission District.  Another company that offers walking food tours is "Local Tastes of the City".  They also offer tours of North Beach and Chinatown as well.  Tours are $59 per person per tour.

There are other companies offering food tours as well.  Just Google them.  Of course, if you've been to San Francisco before and you feel you know your way around the city as well as the natives then go on your own.  If this is your first time (or even your second or third time) to S.F., you will find how easy it is to get lost even with a city map.  Going by car is okay through most of the districts outside of downtown, but, my gosh, trying to drive through Union Square, Chinatown, SOMA, and the Financial District with its small, one-way streets can be a total nightmare especially during "rush hour".  Best wishes on your stay in San Francisco.  Hope you have fun!
    love2bake
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1351
    Re:Seeking food partners for San Francisco-Bay Area food tour in May 2014/05/05 15:54:14 (permalink)
    Hey--

I don't have the capacity (appetite) to go a lot of places but could probably meet up for one or two.

Feel free to send a list (via personal message) of some of your "must visit" spots, and if you have an itinerary I'll see if I might be able to fit into it!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1