The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Separating Uncooked Dogs

Pickled Sausage

• Total Posts: 3
Separating Uncooked Dogs Mon, 02/25/13 6:10 PM (permalink)
I'm curious to know how other people have dealt with putting a new batch of frozen dogs in the same water as dogs that are ready to go and differentiating between the two. My setup is simply a large dirty water pan about the length of 1 1/5 hotel pans. I keep a 4" 1/2 size perforated pan on top of the dirty water pan to steam buns in. When my supply of dogs ran low I added more to the water but soon i became unsure if i was serving the old dogs or new ones. I imagine a removeable divider would be a solution but i thought maybe others had a more efficient way.

brickboo

• Total Posts: 330
    Re:Separating Uncooked Dogs Mon, 02/25/13 8:22 PM (permalink)
    I grill dogs, brats, pre cooked Ball Park burgers etc. on my BBQ grille and hold them in a 1/2 sized perforated pan. I steam the buns as needed on top of the dogs and brats in the perforated pan. However I don't sell 50 dogs an hour. If I do, I'll have to skip steaming the buns or get a bun steamer I guess. I have heated buns on the grill too. but need to be on top of that or you burn the buns.

You could hold the dogs etc in the perforated pan and steam the buns as you go on top of the dogs. In warm weather some just leave the buns in the bag sitting in the sun, and serve them that way they have mentioned on some posts.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com