The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Shoops's Diner

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
Shoops's Diner Fri, 01/13/06 4:55 PM (permalink)
I guess this is a chain, we passed one in Warsaw yesterday. It looks like a old diner car but was larger. I seached online and could not find a homepage for them but did find that they have other locations and most folks love their burgers and fries! Have any of you tried them? Do they have a webpage?

Butch

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
    RE: Shoops's Diner Fri, 01/13/06 8:29 PM (permalink)
    They're based out of northwest Indiana. They had a Chicago outlet for a short while about 17 years ago, located at the corner of Irving Park and Lincoln Avenue.

Pretty good stuff. Steak and Shake style burgers; a ball of beef mashed down on the griddle as it cooks. As I recall, they call the burgers "Mickeys".

I took my daughters there once when they were little. The eight year old, who could read the menu, ordered a "Mickey with cheese." I ordered the same. My five year old (who couldn't read but wanted to prove her ordering independence) decided she wasn't that hungry and wanted something smaller than the "Mickey". Thinking the "Mickey" was named after Mickey Mouse (don't know why, there's absolutely no Disney paraphernalia here at all), she said in a very blase tone, "I'll just have a 'Minnie'".

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com