Shrimp Salad

Author
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 955
2004/04/19 12:24:28 (permalink)

Shrimp Salad

I need a good recipe for shrimp salad. My local grocery has shrimp on sale for 3.98 a lb. usuall 9.98. so I thought I would steam my shrimp and make shrimp salad out of a lb. of them.

4 Replies Related Threads

bethgrd
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 320
    RE: Shrimp Salad 2004/04/19 12:46:37 (permalink)
    Boil shrimp til just tender (a few minutes) in water spiked with old bay seasoning, bay leaf, whole black peppercorns, salt. Drain and cool under cold water until very cold--can add ice. Peel and chop into large chunks. Toss with very light coating of mayo, salt and white pepper, a bit of old bay seasoning, chopped celery if desired, a tsp or so of lemon juice. Serve on bed of lettuce or on a sammich. Hope you meant raw shrimp; I much prefer cooking my own. One never knows the history of store-cooked shrimp. beth
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: Shrimp Salad 2004/04/19 15:59:09 (permalink)
    They are the raw shrimp. I don't care for the ready cooked shrimp either
    quote:
    Originally posted by bethgrd

Boil shrimp til just tender (a few minutes) in water spiked with old bay seasoning, bay leaf, whole black peppercorns, salt. Drain and cool under cold water until very cold--can add ice. Peel and chop into large chunks. Toss with very light coating of mayo, salt and white pepper, a bit of old bay seasoning, chopped celery if desired, a tsp or so of lemon juice. Serve on bed of lettuce or on a sammich. Hope you meant raw shrimp; I much prefer cooking my own. One never knows the history of store-cooked shrimp. beth
    tlbartle
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 30
    RE: Shrimp Salad 2004/04/21 17:04:01 (permalink)
    Ruby Rose found this for me and it is delicious!!!

SAKOWITZ SHRIMP SALAD

This frequently requested recipe is from Chronicle files from the former Sakowitz store.

1 1/2 pounds cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp

3/4 cup chopped celery

1 cup mayonnaise

Juice of 1/2 lemon

Salt to taste

Remoulade Sauce (recipe follows)

Lightly mix shrimp, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Combine with Remoulade Sauce. Makes 6 servings.

REMOULADE SAUCE

1 hard-cooked egg

2 shallots, finely chopped

4 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1/4 cup fresh cooked spinach, finely chopped and well drained

2 cups mayonnaise

1 tablespoon each: Worcestershire sauce, Creole mustard and fresh lemon juice

1/3 ounce anchovy paste

Dash of liquid hot red pepper sauce

Blend egg, shallots, garlic, spinach, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, lemon juice, anchovy paste and pepper sauce.

jellybear
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: Shrimp Salad 2004/04/28 08:35:47 (permalink)
    I always add some elbow macaroni to mine to strech it out along with celery,diced tomatoes,cucumbers,red peppers and mayo.people flip out over it!and it is very appealing.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1