Sir Pizza?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
NJChemist
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/06 19:18:42 (permalink)
I also love Sir Pizza/Pizza King pizza. I grew up in Richmond, IN, and have since moved to the East Coast area. Does anyone know of a Sir Pizza franchise in New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania/Delaware areas? Thanks....Mike
Chubby
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/13 20:41:22 (permalink)
We've opened a pizzeria in Apopka bsed on the same kind of pizza served at Sir Pizza. We had never heard of Sir Pizza until after we had opened. Several of our regular customers have told us we're just like Sir Pizza, I'm from Lafayette, IN and grew up with Pizza King. Our pizzeria is called Chubby's ThinCrust Pizza and we're just North of 429 on 441. So if you're craving Sir Pizza come by and try our pie, I'll guarantee you'll love it.
Marco
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/14 01:50:15 (permalink)
There's a Pizza King in my town. I think it's the best pizza you can buy. What makes it good is that the meat toppings are ground and it makes the flavors blend together perfectly. Combine the ground meat with a nice thin crust and you have the ideal pizza.

The only bad thing is that they're a bit expensive.
Chubby
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/14 02:49:21 (permalink)
Before I closed tonight I had a new customer that decided to try us this evening. He started to ask me when he ordered..."There used to be this place in Winter Park...". I replied, "Sir Pizza"? He said "yes". I said, I guarantee you'll be back after you try this. Later this evening, someone called back and asked for "the guy that made his pizza". I figured it was him, but I thought by the way the waitress gave me the phone, he was complaining. I took his call, and the way the phone conversation started out, I thought he was going to complain, however, he said "You've hit a home run here! I haven't even been able to eat my pizza because I've been so busy calling and telling all my friends about you. I'm so glad you're here!"

As I mentioned before, I grew up on Pizza King and another chain Arni's (used to be Arni's Pizza King, but he bought out of the franchise). My wife and I (she actually wrote the previous post) used to go up to Indiana several times per year as my folks still live in Lafayette (no time to go now - we're only 3 moonths old!!!) Anyway, we would eat at Arni's and Pizza King several times in the week we were there. We just love the food, and you can't find anything like it down here. Well, to make a long story even longer, we inherited some money about 18 months ago, and decided that since we loved the food so much, that others must too. We tried to talk to Arni's about franchising, but they weren't interested. I talked to the Owner of Pizza King (yes, they started in Muncie also, but now are headquartered in Lafayette), but they wanted WAY to much to franchise, so we struck out on our own. We experimented on the dough and the sauce and the GROUND pepperoni until we had everything just right. We test marketed to all our friends down here that had had Pizza King and they loved it. We also made test pizzas for those who had never had anything like this pizza, and they also loved it. So we invested everything we had and now are the proud parents of Chubby's Thin Crust Pizza. As my wife said, we're in Apopoka, FL, just off the new 429 toll road on the NW side of Orlando. If you can get to the turnpike easilly, and you're in Central Florida, then you're only a 20 minute drive from what you remembered as PIZZA.

If you make the drive, tell me about this posting, and I'll take care of you in some way. I wish I could say I'd buy your dinner, but with a startup restaurant, $ is tight, but I'll make sure you go away happy and telling all your friends.

The restaurant phone number is 407-814-2482.

Hope to see some of you soon!!!

Mike
suz1998
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/19 10:24:48 (permalink)
Update: I went to Chubby's on Saturday and if any of you are missing the pizza from Sir Pizza in Winter Park then head on down to Chubby's. It is the closest thing to Sir Pizza I have had in about 10 years!! The pizza was so good. Let me know how you like it if you make a visit.

imjen2
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/28 11:52:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by NJChemist

I also love Sir Pizza/Pizza King pizza. I grew up in Richmond, IN, and have since moved to the East Coast area. Does anyone know of a Sir Pizza franchise in New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania/Delaware areas? Thanks....Mike

I don't know about the eastern part of Pennsylvania, but there is a Sir Pizza in the Pittsburgh area.... see the link below for info (including a map). It is definitely the best around (I never realized that it was a franchise.....I thought we had the only one!)

http://pittsburgh.citysearch.com/profile/8629371/?cslink=cs_boc_lw_2_10
softail3
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/08/04 10:49:16 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillejoe

If you go to www.sirpizzatenn.com you can order Sir Pizza online and have it shipped to you house half baked by Fed Ex.

Nashvillejoe
softail3
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/08/04 10:53:08 (permalink)
Thanks for the info. I also used to go to Winter Park, it was the best pizza ever. They had one in Sanford which also closed. I found one in Miami years later but don't know if it's still there. The pizza is unmistakeable for those who have had it. It's great to know there are still some out there but hard to understand why Pizza Hut and Dominos have stores all over the place and not Sir Pizza! I'm going to try the one you can order online as referenced in the message from nashvillejoe. Thanks for the info.
Chubby
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/09/06 22:42:42 (permalink)
To those of you who follow this forrum, and have read the past few messages, here's an FYI update. As I'm sure you all know, Florida has suffered a direct hit with 2 hurricanes in the past month, and we're preparing for a possible third. Well, we survived the first one unscathed. However, our store lost power for quite some time after Frances, and ended up throwing out our entire food stock. While this isn't much compared to those who have lost everything, I have to mention, that when you invest everything you have into a startup restaurant, and it's in the first year, ANY loss like this can be devastating. We'll get by though, and have a truck on the way to resupply us tomorrow. We'd like to invite all of you up for some good pizza when you can make it out.

Good luck, and stay safe,

Mike...a.k.a, Chubby

Chubby's Thin Crust Pizza
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/09/06 23:53:01 (permalink)
Chubby... Hope you start a chain, and let folks in cheap (Franchise wise)! Unfortuantly I'm only going as far south as southern Indiana for the next 2 weeks... And Pizza King is on my list of eats! Had them for the first time about 4 months ago on my last visit, and to say I'm glad I read this forum to learn about them would be an understatement! Totally different than anything I've had in Michigan, not to mention far tastier! I'm looking forward to another one of their pies!
Chubby
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/09/09 22:46:41 (permalink)
I hope to Uncle Vic. I hope to.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mike
a.k.a....Chubby
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 335
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/11 21:04:57 (permalink)
An update:

On Saturday I dined at the Pizza King restaurant on East National Road (US 40) in Richmond, Indiana. The restaurant was generous enough to place business reply mail comment cards on each table. I took note of the address. What was funny was the fact that the chain started in Muncie, moved HQs to Lafayette, but the parent company (or so the BRM cards have me believe) is based in the original Muncie.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/11 21:32:21 (permalink)
Either way, I'm heading back down to Indiana tommorow... To see this thread pop back up I'm seriously craving Pizza King again! Mmmmm....
plb
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/12 12:07:20 (permalink)
Try the Pizza King subs. They come on long toasted rolls with lots of stringy cheese.

plb (this makes me a grown-up burger)
Chubby
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/17 22:29:40 (permalink)
My understanding is that the "Original" Pizza King does still opperate in the Muncie area, and may have a few other stores in the east side of the state. The PK owner who lives in Lafayette made mentione of him "letting them keep their stores". None the less, I'm sure they're all great. We've had many compliments on the food down here so far.

PinkPussycat
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/28 22:04:29 (permalink)
Oh yes, yes. Yummy stuff! I know exactly which Sir Pizza your talking about Suz. We used to eat there all the time. I also remember a place called Shakey's Pizza way back in the 70's. Not as good as Sir Pizza though.
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/10/29 00:22:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Chubby

My understanding is that the "Original" Pizza King does still opperate in the Muncie area, and may have a few other stores in the east side of the state. The PK owner who lives in Lafayette made mentione of him "letting them keep their stores". None the less, I'm sure they're all great. We've had many compliments on the food down here so far.

Between North Central and South Central Indiana, I couldnt even count how many I saw! I've tried a couple (several times) and the pie was great! They need to slide up into Western Michigan to offer an alternative to our (Pizza?)............
CarolinaBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/11/04 16:22:13 (permalink)
Wow - I haven't thought about Sir Pizza in a long time. We had one in Pittsburgh growing up - loved the pizza cut into little squares. It became a tradition on Sundays during Steelers games for my sister and I to go with our Mom at halftime to pick up a family feast. I even remember the menu - large pepperoni pizza, "bucket of spaghetti" which was really good, a "Beef Boat" (roast beef sub with gravy), and a Crusader sub (Italian Sub with pizza sauce). YUM!!!!!
chica328
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/12/12 13:36:58 (permalink)
There is a Sir Pizza in Owosso, Michigan too. It's so good. The pizza is different from any place else. Everyone in town enjoys eating there.
Poverty Pete
  • Total Posts : 2330
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/04/28 22:16:41 (permalink)
I went to a Sir Pizza today, for the first time ever. There were a couple of people there complimenting each other on their good taste in pizza parlors. "There's nothing like Sir Pizza." I wasn't impressed. They proudly displayed their health department rating of 84. The guy behind the counter had dirty fingernails, and the food was barely warm. Good pizza is impossible to find in Nashville, anyway, but this place wasn't even up to Nashville pizza standards.
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/04/29 05:39:15 (permalink)
We have Sir Pizza's in Lexingon, KY, and there's one still there in the same place it was when I was a teenager (1980's). It's always well worth a stop. Never had anything bad there and love the pizzas made with barbeque sauce. Here in Versailles (small town) we have Papa John's, Little Caesars, and Pizza Hut. We used to have Domino's (yech) so unless we go to Lex we order a Papa John's works pizza. But yah Sir Pizza is much better.

Andrea
startrooper00
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 110
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/05/15 22:27:23 (permalink)
I love going to the Sir Pizza in Winchester, KY.. the building is really old but the food is still really good. It is one of the best pizzas that I have ever had.
chick
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/05/20 07:06:46 (permalink)
Does anyone know why Sir Pizza does not taste like Pizza King? I grew up on Pizza King in Muncie. There is no comparison. It is good but not in the same ballpark as Pizza King. I wonder why Pizza King will not franchise their name or at least have Sir Pizza use the same recipe and ingredients. The sauce, crust and cheese are not the same, which makes the pizza taste non-Pizza King. For those of you who have grown up in IN and have eaten at a Sir Pizza in TN probably know exactly what I am talking about. Its too bad they just cant franchise Pizza King...Maybe someday
UncleVic
Sirloin
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/05/21 02:42:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chick

Does anyone know why Sir Pizza does not taste like Pizza King? I grew up on Pizza King in Muncie. There is no comparison. It is good but not in the same ballpark as Pizza King. I wonder why Pizza King will not franchise their name or at least have Sir Pizza use the same recipe and ingredients. The sauce, crust and cheese are not the same, which makes the pizza taste non-Pizza King. For those of you who have grown up in IN and have eaten at a Sir Pizza in TN probably know exactly what I am talking about. Its too bad they just cant franchise Pizza King...Maybe someday

Huh... I thought from reading this thread they where pretty much the same... Since your from Muncie, you'll know when I say I loved the pies from New Castle! We have a couple of Sir Pizzas here in Michigan, but they're in Central and Eastern Michigan (They stashed me in West Michigan with some of the nastiest pizza ever - I had to have been really bad in my last life).. And if I remember correctly, even they're website said they're the same as Pizza King... Either way... Love them Pizza Kings!

imisspizzaking
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/05/22 17:14:47 (permalink)
My husband and I lived in Muncie for ten years and used to live on Pizza King's breadsticks & baked ham and bbq. We moved to Greensboro, NC last year and were really excited to find a Sir Pizza only 20 minutes away in High Point. We were so disappointed by the meal it was greasy as can be and didn't taste at all like Pizza King. And, they didn't carry breadsticks on the menu to boot. So, for us it's only Pizza King and we'll have to wait until our 1-2 times a year visit to family in Indiana for our favorite pizza and breadsticks.
Socom
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/06/01 22:00:38 (permalink)
I am a worker at a Sir Pizza in Asheboro, NC. The pizza is great, I've lived in Asheboro ever since I was born, I was raised on eating at Sir Pizza every friday night. Now here I am at 16 years old working at Sir Pizza... Our workers are great, they care a lot about their customers, they are very considerate of your food and when I was getting trained, they couldn't stress to me enough to treat the food as if I was serving it to myself.
Socom
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/06/01 22:06:09 (permalink)
It probably didn't taste like a Pizza King because it isn't a Pizza King... The pizza only gets greasy when you order pepperoni... And we do our best in the kitchen to remove that grease... If it's not up to standard when you recieve your pizza, take a napkin and dab the grease until you're satisfied. Sir Pizza is the busiest place I have ever worked at before and even though it is so busy we still put the customer satisfaction and quality first. I've never heard of a damn Pizza King.
rere6275
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/07/03 14:41:30 (permalink)
There is a Sir Pizza located in Lexington, Kentucky on North Broadway. Great Pizza, and People! What a wonderful Combination!!
buddaah
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/07/26 17:55:03 (permalink)
in the mid to late 70's had the very unfortunate experience of living directly across the street to a brand new, just opened, pizza joint............in owosso, michigan. the sign out front said sir pizza. well i waited for about a month,so they could get there new bussiness operating smoothly, then i went over. well it was a gigantic mistake, because from the first bite of that so called sir pizza, i realized i had missed a month of pure pleasure. after that i ate there 4-5-6 times a week.got to know the owner/operator so well that when a pizza was made and it was a mistake,for some reason or another, he would send one of his employes across the street and give me that pizza free of charge. i was in pizza heaven.
ChickRockerShell
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/08/01 14:40:00 (permalink)
My husband and I just got back from our hometown of Evansville, IN and were talking about the Texas BBQ from Pizza King. We had previously found the restaurants on trips in Indianapolis and Connersville, IN. We would love to find a Pizza King (or the Sir King that you mentioned) close to where we live now - we would be willing to drive an hour or so every week! It is worth it, as you all know. We live in Northern Kentucky, 5 minutes from Cincinnati. We also love Noble Roman's, GD Ritzy's, Taco John's, any good Indiana BBQ sauce on ribs, but of course can't find any of those here. We love where we now live, but the good food selections are sure limited. Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1