Sir Pizza?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/12/02 11:01:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by terryspizza

As far as ordering a pizza from Muncie it will cost about $80.00.

Ok: Two points on this

First of all- $80 for a PIZZA???!!!!?????!!!!!????? you must be kidding.

and
secondly - $80 for a PIZZA???!!!!?????!!!!!????? you must be kidding.

I knew I had a second point somewhere...but $80 for a PIZZA?!?

plb
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1029
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/12/02 11:46:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by phrewilly

Does anyone know how to order Sir Pizza via Fedex??

See post above on 05/22/2004
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
RE: Sir Pizza? 2005/12/05 10:10:03 (permalink)
I never want to live in a place where I need to FedEX my pizza delivery.
hollyf1972
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/01/01 09:45:22 (permalink)
I have been a fan of pizza king since I was a kid... haven't had one in years, and come to find ot, there's a sir pizza about an hour away... I know what's for lunch..lol

As for the questions on the Pizza Inn... I know of one in Sanford, NC
they have really good pizza, but nothing tops pizza king...lol
I can't wait til lunch!
Phillydave
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/06/21 23:33:05 (permalink)
I haven't lived in Indiana for over 8 years. I was born in Rushville, and grew up in Connersville and was fortunate to have Pizza Kings in both areas. I don't miss much about the state, but I ***REALLY*** miss Pizza King. Every person I know that grew up around my area and moved away says the same thing. They all miss Pizza King pizza most of all. I'm going to be making a trip back to Indiana this Saturday with a group of friends and I can't wait to eat there again! And I'm definitely going to try to take some one the plane with me back to Philadelphia! I don't know what it is... I think it's GREAT pizza, but it's also comfort food to me. Does anyone know of any around the Philadelphia area? Pittsburgh is a 5-hour drive...

$80 to ship a pizza?? There has to be a miscommunication there. I'd love to have some shipped out to me, but $80?!?! I'd be willing to pay $40....

Best wishes to all!
Dave
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/06/22 01:07:21 (permalink)
Dave, I feel for ya... I'm luckily going back to New Castle in August.. Cant wait to have another one of them pies...
mauci
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/07/01 09:34:14 (permalink)
Does anyone live in Southern California? Anyone know of any Sir Pizza there?
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15221
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/07/01 09:50:06 (permalink)
Mauci,
Welcome to the Roadfood website.

There are a bunch of folks who either live in SoCal or have lived there previously. Where in the San Diego area are you?

I am going to delete the duplicate post you have on the forum, as we discourage multiple posting.

AL- Formerly a High Desert resident
bigmoe52
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/07/19 11:27:24 (permalink)
I live in Central Florida but grew up in Lafayette, Ind. Arni's Pizza King was outstanding. Their pizza and junior salads were heaven. I moved to Florida in 1978 (after "THE BLIZZARD") and have missed Pizza King ever since. Does anyone know if the Chubbys Thin Crust Pizza in Apopka, Florida is still in business? I called their phone number and a recording says the number is not in service, usually not a good sign. I did a google search for Pizza King a few days ago and found this site and joined it. That guy that owns, or owned, Chubbys was a guy I went to school with in Lafayette. I did not even know he lived in Florida. Small world, I guess.

In any event, can someone who has ordered pizza from Pizza King, and had it delivered via FedEx, tell me how the pizza survived the trip?
I assume it is packaged in dry ice? Can someone give me the phone number to order Pizza King sent via FedEx? And is the cost really $80? Thanks folks.

Moe
bigmoe52
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/07/19 12:36:21 (permalink)
Btw, if any of you have occasion to be in Indiana, check out Arni's Pizza (used to be Arni's Pizza King). They have a number of locations in Indiana. And the pizza is great. I would also suggest getting an Arni's Junior salad. I am not keen on salads, being a carnivore, but their Junior salads are outstanding. Oh geez, now I have a bad craving.

Speaking of salads, are any of you old enough to rememeber a place in Indianapolis, near the fairgrounds, called the Tee-Pee? They had a great salad dressing. The burgers were great too. Sadly they closed a long time ago.
Ffreeck
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/08 11:30:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by peppertree

In the catagory of pizza gone... I remember Steve's Pizza in North Miami Florida. Their pizza was great and they had garlic rolls that almost were swimming in garlic juice. Spaghetti with meatballs and meat sauce every bite was heavenly.

They offered lunch during lunch hour with a slice, a moderate size bowl of spaghetti, a half dozen garlic rolls swimming in juice, salad and a soft drink for $4.35.

They ceased operation, not because of low prices, but because the neighborhood declined. I wish I could find them elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are in the Miami area?
Ffreeck
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/08 11:31:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by peppertree

In the catagory of pizza gone... I remember Steve's Pizza in North Miami Florida. Their pizza was great and they had garlic rolls that almost were swimming in garlic juice. Spaghetti with meatballs and meat sauce every bite was heavenly.

They offered lunch during lunch hour with a slice, a moderate size bowl of spaghetti, a half dozen garlic rolls swimming in juice, salad and a soft drink for $4.35.

They ceased operation, not because of low prices, but because the neighborhood declined. I wish I could find them elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are in the Miami area?
Ffreeck
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/08 11:35:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by suz1998

Has anyone ever eaten at a Sir Pizza? I grew up eating their pizza for 20 years here in Winter Park, FL. About ten years ago they closed down and I have been searching for one ever since....
Very unique pie, paper thin crust cut into squares and the pepperoni was ground up like beef. Very fond memories of that place.....

Well suz, there used to one here in detroit on Jefferson ave. However, the other day I went over to that area, I saw I for lease sign up. I guess they werent getting any business. By the way, try Cotttage Inn's Pizza. I think you will like it.
bigmoe52
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/08 11:41:03 (permalink)
I will try this again.

Can someone who has ordered pizza from Pizza King, and had it delivered via FedEx, tell me how the pizza survived the trip?
I assume it is packaged in dry ice? Can someone give me the phone number to order Pizza King sent via FedEx? And is the cost really $80? Thanks folks.

Moe
Beer Belly
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/08 11:49:55 (permalink)
I do love the Sir Pizza. Luckily there's one about a mile down the road. About a block away from the White Castle

I think there are a few Sir Pizzas here in Lexington.
Rowsdower98
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/12 12:27:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Beer Belly

I do love the Sir Pizza. Luckily there's one about a mile down the road. About a block away from the White Castle

I think there are a few Sir Pizzas here in Lexington.

I too am from the Lexington Area. The Sir Pizza you describe is my all time favorite pizza joint ever. I just wish they'd get all those red phones at the tables working again. I love their Hawiian pizza with the ham, pineapple and barbecue sauce. Tasty. Thier marinara based pies are great, and unique too.
windchymer3
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/15 22:16:29 (permalink)
I moved to Tennessee from the Muncie, Indiana area and grew up eating PIZZA KING! Up until a year ago, I didn't know TN even had SIR PIZZA. I drive an hour and a half every few weeks for my "pizza fix", won't order any other kind. I just read that it can be delivered half-baked by FedEx, can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for being here, once a year is not enough SIR PIZZA for me on my visits home. I learned to make the "Beef Boats" but cannot duplicate the pizza taste I crave.
windchymer3
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/08/15 22:19:24 (permalink)
We have a Pizza Inn here in Smithville, Tennessee.
terryspizza
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/11/15 00:11:53 (permalink)
It's been almost a year since I replied to this thread but I am much wiser today.
If you really want to know about ordering a pizza just find the web site and give them a call. I was in Muncie in early October and stopped at a Pizza King on S. Macedonia Ave. It was great. They told me that they had them in the freezer waiting to be shipped.
The Sir Pizza chain, out of Murfreesboro, makes the same pie. I ate both pies within a week. Matter of fact we had Sir Pizza tonight. I got a 2 month supply right after we got back from Muncie.
Terry's Pizza, here in Huntsville, closed after 48 years. The owner died in mid December of 2005 and his kids let it run into the ground. They were too greedy and stupid to carry on. The joint was 88th in the US of independant pie makers with 1.8 million in sales. No pizza worth eating here anymore. Gotta' run them into town like moonshine.
suz1998
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/11/18 18:24:22 (permalink)
Terry,

If I may ask, what do they charge for shipping the pizzas? Also what is the contact info. Much appreciated. I am so craving one of their pizzas. It has been way too long!!
John In Seattle
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 55
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/12/03 14:07:03 (permalink)
quote:

Has anyone ever eaten at a Sir Pizza? I grew up eating their pizza for 20 years here in Winter Park, FL. About ten years ago they closed down and I have been searching for one ever since....
Very unique pie, paper thin crust cut into squares and the pepperoni was ground up like beef. Very fond memories of that place.....

WOW!! I used to work just two blocks from that shop on 17-92. I only ate there once, did not really care for their pizza, but in hindsight, I should have given it another chance. I think their demise was due to the "big boy" pizza chains coming to town.

I recall that pizza hut offered that style of pizza as a limited edition styles of pizzas they do so often.

That style of pizza - round but cut into squares is some regional style, but I am not sure of what it is called.
windchymer3
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2006/12/28 12:30:51 (permalink)
"John in Seattle"...
If I remember correctly from my pizza-working days, we called it party-cut. The pizza chain I worked in was no where as good as Pizza King, to me, nothing matches that great flavor. Where I worked normally cut in pie-cut, but our big 24-inch pizza was different. It was cut in party-cut.
easy cluck
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/01/20 15:31:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by GaGal

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by suz1998

Oh, I hope you are still posting here. My husband absolutely ADORED Sir Pizza. We were working together in Atlanta, Georgia and that was our #1 favorite pizza ever! I would dearly love to know if they exist anywhere. Loved those little squares of pie and the sauce was terrific! We also loved their salads....great 1000 Island dressing. Oh, those were the good old days (60's - 70's). Carol Faver
easy cluck
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/01/20 15:50:24 (permalink)
i also grew up in indiana, Muncie that is, that is where it started as mention in Tristan Indiana on her forum i now live in Milledgeville, Ga and I still have family in Muncie and everytime i visit i always stop at pizza king.. several years ago my wife got a birthday present of pizza king's pizza delivered to her. if anyone knows of a pizza king/sir pizza in middle Ga. please let me know...Chuck by the way if you want it delivered it cost around $90.00 I think that's a lot but at the time my brother in law worked for pizza king and he got a hugh discount.
easy cluck
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/01/21 09:00:12 (permalink)
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nashvillejoe

If you go to www.sirpizzatenn.com you can order Sir Pizza online and have it shipped to you house half baked by Fed Ex.

Nashvillejoe

OMG!! I have been waiting for this for years..........I will check it out and let ya'll know how it turns out....I am drooling already!!

phxpewi
Junior Burger
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/03/10 06:41:53 (permalink)
Here is the link for shipping info for Pizza King
http://www.pizzakingindiana.com/ship.asp

I have never ordered, so I don't know how the pizza holds up in shipping.
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/03/14 16:49:48 (permalink)
easy cluck, let us know how the pizza turns out.

I am going to be visiting one of the locations in Nashville, in the Spring. I can't wait!

I, too, grew up with Atlanta lone SIR PIZZA that I knew of, across from the Moreland Shopping Center, in the S.E. part of the city.

Many good childhood memories there. Even as a youngster, I realized this was really unique pizza, like no other. The original sign is still on the side of the building, which last time I looked, was a pawn shop.

Just curious, if you ever ate at the L&M restaurant, that was located in the corner of said Moreland Shopping Center? My father was a friend of the owner, and they really had excellent country cookin' from scratch. Many a rewarding supper there too! Sad to see the Sir Pizza and L&M both gone, and the once bustling shopping center looking like the third world. NOTHING remains from my youth.
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/10/11 13:46:24 (permalink)
Oh well...thread has been dormat for a bit...

Anywho, my trip to Nashville, is FINALLY gonna happen, after about a year's delay. That means SIR PIZZA!!!

I hope it's all I remember it to be, as a teenager.
oscar5933
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/10/15 16:33:25 (permalink)
My Dad was born and raised here in Orlando, FL and he always talks about Tom's Pizza. I believe it was on Bumby. Does anyone remember that? If so, any pizza places that compare here in Orlando?

thanks
caver
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 104
RE: Sir Pizza? 2007/10/19 15:44:11 (permalink)
There are several Sir Pizzas here in Murfreesboro, in fact there is one just a block down the street from me. I have to hit that lunch buffet every once in a while.

It's pretty good, probably the best chain pizza I'd say, and I do really prefer the thin crust pizzas to the thick goopy ones. I would love to see some better places open up though, if they could stay open.

I've lived in the South my whole life and love Southern food. But I think the attitude of too many people was summed by my friends mother when she was talking about 'real cheese'. She was referring to Velveeta vs. the generic grocery store 'cheese product'. Sigh.

Of course I've had to smack some northeners that thought BBQ came out of an oven or a bottle too.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1