The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack

mar52

• Total Posts: 7595
Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Sat, 04/28/12 5:46 PM (permalink)
http://finance.yahoo.com/..broccoli-162956191.html

Someone needs to take a nutrition class instead of filing a lawsuit. Was Nutella remiss in their advertising?

What will they tell me next?

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
    Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Sun, 04/29/12 10:41 AM (permalink)
    mar52

http://finance.yahoo.com/..broccoli-162956191.html 

The link came up "page not found"

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
      Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Sun, 04/29/12 11:04 AM (permalink)
      http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57423319-10391704/nutella-health-claims-net-$3.05-million-settlement-in-class-action-lawsuit/

Try that one. I'm with you, mar...who seriously thought that chocolate spread was actually healthy?!? But they did say that in the commercials (it's part of a healthy breakfast because it's got hazelnuts and skim milk along with a "touch" of cocoa), and people are morons. If this woman chose not to read the f-ing nutrition information but rather blindly trust ADVERTISING, she deserves what she gets. And I'd be willing to bet she also slathered it on her daughter's toast with a trowel, rather than reading the serving size.

My mother asked me if I was going to put in a claim, since I buy Nutella all the time. I laughed hysterically.

jajarino68

• Total Posts: 152
        Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Sun, 04/29/12 11:18 AM (permalink)
        If healthy was on my mind, I doubt I would have grabbed the jar of Nutella to add to my cupcake.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7595
          Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Sun, 04/29/12 4:14 PM (permalink)
          I'm not a fan of Nutella.  It's the hazelnut taste I dislike although I like them right out of the shell.

I'm now thinking that a sandwich of peanut butter and a Hershey Bar microwaved for 20 seconds might be better.

Maybe I should add sliced bananas for fruit.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
            Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Mon, 04/30/12 3:33 PM (permalink)
            mar52

I'm not a fan of Nutella.  It's the hazelnut taste I dislike although I like them right out of the shell.

I'm now thinking that a sandwich of peanut butter and a Hershey Bar microwaved for 20 seconds might be better.

Maybe I should add sliced bananas for fruit.

Ohmygod...I think you've just decided what I'm having for dinner. I have all of those things in my house right now, and that sounds AMAZING! Add a tall glass of cold milk, and it becomes almost a balanced meal.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
              Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Thu, 05/31/12 9:41 AM (permalink)
              preetic

Sorry but the above link shows the message "Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found"

felix4067's link takes you to the website. 

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
                Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Thu, 05/31/12 10:24 AM (permalink)
                So what!

I have no expectation that anything that tastes as good as Nutella (or crunchy peanut butter for that matter) is particularily "healthy".

Life is meant to be lived.  It is not meant to be spent cowering in fear about about death.  When Jim Fixx died an untimely death it was both tragic and instructive.

slaveforpizzaandsushi

• Total Posts: 58
                  Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Thu, 05/31/12 3:13 PM (permalink)
                  it is not my intention to offend Americans, but if anyone could kindly explain why so many seem to like to sue, and why are there so many court shows.

it seems that people need to take more responsaiblity for their choices and apply REASON instead of blaming Nutella.
                  It says on the label how much sugar, fat, and calories it has in a tablespoon. Not a health food.

Did you know there are people out there lobbying the government to stop selling chips, pop, candy etc. What do they want the goverment to babysit them and make choices? That is what parents do for their kids. We are adults and we make choices, why are people always whining? 

Sorry..i went off on a tangent, and I agree with you Mar52

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                    Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Thu, 05/31/12 4:08 PM (permalink)
                    slaveforpizzaandsushi

it is not my intention to offend Americans, but if anyone could kindly explain why so many seem to like to sue, and why are there so many court shows.

it seems that people need to take more responsaiblity for their choices and apply REASON instead of blaming Nutella.
                    It says on the label how much sugar, fat, and calories it has in a tablespoon. Not a health food.

Did you know there are people out there lobbying the government to stop selling chips, pop, candy etc. What do they want the goverment to babysit them and make choices? That is what parents do for their kids. We are adults and we make choices, why are people always whining? 

It is a lot easier when you just do what you are told to, and don't have to do your own thinking!

<message edited by 6star on Thu, 05/31/12 4:15 PM>

bigbear

• Total Posts: 59
                      Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Fri, 06/1/12 1:09 AM (permalink)
                      The government is supposed to protect us from each other, not from ouselves.

slaveforpizzaandsushi

• Total Posts: 58
                        Re:Sit Down Everyone! Nutella Is Not A Healthy Snack Mon, 06/4/12 1:22 PM (permalink)
                        6star

slaveforpizzaandsushi

It is a lot easier when you just do what you are told to, and don't have to do your own thinking!

Laughs..i think that might be true. Never thought of that way.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com