"Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>???

Author
ULVER
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 226
2004/05/26 20:19:40 (permalink)

"Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>???

Planning to make a day trip, to try a couple of the famous "Skin Thrasher's" hotdogs. I was just curious if anyone has ever had the experience. Thanks...

7 Replies Related Threads

Oneiron339
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2075
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/05/27 07:37:48 (permalink)
    Skin's is good, but it's hard to find off the beaten path. If you are hungry for some hotdogs and are in the area you can't go wrong. They also serve cokes in the small bottles only.
    SteveB9
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/25 17:43:58 (permalink)
    Is this the same as "Skins"? There are several of these places around the Greenville area. One I eat at is at Pelham Road and I-85, just to the east of the exit, next to Burger King.
    The hotdogs are great, for a southern style dog. Much better, I think, than the Varsity. About all they have are hotdogs, chips, and a nice, homemade looking cake.
    gnellcarpenter
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/25 19:10:14 (permalink)
    As a loyal consumer of Skin's "all the way"(chili, nions, mustard) for 20 years I can attest to my husband's statement when he introduced me to these special creations. He said:"They do one thing and they do it well".

Recently they added a wonderful chocolate pound cake with fudge frosting to their menu.

All the locations in Upstate SC are good, but the original location is the best! Ask around in downtown Anderson directions.
    John Fox
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2335
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/25 19:20:33 (permalink)
    I've heard of Skins, but have never been to S.C. I have a copy of "A Hot Dog Program" and Skins is one of the places shown. Do you know the brand and type of dog? I'm guessing that the dog is a mild beef and pork blend, as this type is common in the south. Anyone know?
    ohman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 262
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/26 10:24:54 (permalink)
    I lived in Florence SC for several years and I really loved those Jesse Jones red hot dogs. I wish I could sell those off of my cart.
    rhpenland
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 73
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/26 11:56:43 (permalink)
    I can't say exactly the type of dog, but I do remember a local producer makes them specifically for Skin Thrashers. They are excellent. A word of warning to those unfamiliar though - if you want a hotdog with chili on it, ask for a hotdog "all the way". If you ask for a "chilidog" you will most likely get a bun with chili and no hotdog - thats the way they do it there :)

Do try to find the original location because it has great atmosphere. It is a little difficult to find as it is in a residential area (you'll swear you must be in the wrong place and then you drive right up on it). Save yourself time and aggrevation by asking a local for directions.

Hope you have a blast,

Rob
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: "Skin Thrasher's" Hot Dogs in Anderson, S.C.>??? 2004/06/26 18:03:47 (permalink)
    Ulver,
    While you're in Anderson, you ought to check out the onion rings at Pete's On Concord, which is right off North Main Street up by the mall. They're the best I've ever had.
    Anderson is chock full of neighborhood diners. I'd write more, but the library is closing. When I can again see well enough, I'll drive up there and spend a few days hitting all the thrift stores and trying the places I see as I travel. Upstate S. C. is a Roadfooder's paradise; there's no excuse for eating in chains there unless a person just wants to. Greenville, Spartanburg, Greer, Anderson, Seneca, Walhalla, Westminster, Easley, and most other towns of any size have their local preferred eatery... if not several. Many are owned by Greek-Americans.
    (Time) Crunchingly, Ort. Carlton in Library-Closing Athens, Ge
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1