The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 49 of 49
Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Sat, 08/21/10 7:28 PM (permalink)
BadFinger.  ;)

Hepcat

• Total Posts: 374
    Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Tue, 06/28/11 11:58 AM (permalink)

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 740
      Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Tue, 06/28/11 1:15 PM (permalink)
      mmmm How about, Slow dancing swaying to the music, slow dancing just me and my girl................

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
        Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Tue, 06/28/11 2:45 PM (permalink)
        "Put Your Head on my Shoulder" when I was a junior in high school. The chaparones always wanted to turn the lights up when a slow song played. 

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Tue, 06/28/11 3:11 PM (permalink)
          My first love( I was 13) and I danced to Color My World by Chicago. I still remember the feeling....Dan "came out" 4 years later, and I am still to this day very good friends with him and his partner of 30 years. Alas, whenever Dan's Mom sees us at one of their family get togethers, she STILL says" you two make such a cute couple".

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
            Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Tue, 06/28/11 5:04 PM (permalink)
            At our CYO dances [Catholic Youth Organization] at Blessed Sacrament in DC, Fr. Lyons would make us slow dance a Rosary length apart, very romantic!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9544
              Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 3:31 AM (permalink)
              We fell in love to "Moonglow" and "Canadian Sunset" 55 years ago at the Friday Night Youth Center Dances and still married! Now THAT'S Scary!
              BTW CTF, She was a Catholic Girl and had the abbreviated version of Rosary Beads and I'm Episcopalian and had no Scruples!!

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 10:21 AM (permalink)
                In the still of the night. Don't remember by who.

Sundancer7

Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 10:28 AM (permalink)
                  I recall my first dance in high school.  I had not idea how to dance and I invited a beautiful lady who I lady married and later divorced after three months of marriage.  She was beautiful and at the same time could not balance a check book.  I could not handle it.  It was totally my fault.  I got outta that marriage and did not marry again until about eight years later and my last wife died about four years ago.

The thing that I recall most about slow dancing is that it got certain emotions going that I did not anticipate.  OOPS.  That remains to this day but no more.  I do not dance slow or fast.  Comcast TV works for me.

Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                    Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 11:19 AM (permalink)
                    ces1948

In the still of the night. Don't remember by who.

The 5 Satins
                    also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RIhB4mm7go
                    <message edited by chewingthefat on Wed, 06/29/11 11:22 AM>

Sundancer7

Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 11:41 AM (permalink)
                      In the "Still of the night" is certainly emotional for us young guys.  I do not know how the young girls felt but being close certainly charged my batteries.

Paul E. Smith
                      Knoxville, TN

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                        Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Wed, 06/29/11 1:39 PM (permalink)
                        "Color My World" by Chicago was tops in 1972

seafarer john

Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Thu, 06/30/11 10:06 AM (permalink)
                          When I was a youngster all dancing was slow. We waltzed and fox trotted.
                          A few of the more athletic kids jitterbugged and we watched in awe.

Cheers, John 

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                            Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Thu, 06/30/11 11:52 AM (permalink)
                            carlton pierre

"Color My World" by Chicago was tops in 1972

Yes, That was popular when I was in high school. Also Knights in White Satin.

claracamille

• Total Posts: 414
                              Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Sat, 07/2/11 1:31 PM (permalink)
                              MilwFoodlovers

"Can't Help Falling In Love" by Elvis Aaron Presley. No live Elvis but lyrics
                              It was before dating, but I always was partial to "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos. Video
                              I still get goose bumps when I hear that song.
                              I've watched lots of dancing to Harlem Nocturne but I never imagined dancing with someone to it. Viscounts version

Milw,
                              "Can't Help Falling In Love" is my alltime favorite song.  Just love it.
                              As far as slow dance songs go, "The Way You Look Tonight" & "The Way You Look Tonight", both by The Lettermen,,my favorites.
                              Oh, those junior high dances in the early 60"s.  No one had a date, just boys on one side of the gym, girls on the other.   It was so exciting when "the boy" asked you to dance!  High school dances were usually with a date, so none of that excitement. 

Sundancer7

Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Sat, 07/2/11 1:40 PM (permalink)
                                At my age, I can only recall the erotic feelings I had when I had my date with me at the proms.  I was never ever a good dancer but I could slightly do the slow stuff.  Those days are not with me any longer and neither are the ladies that I knew at that time.  One I married and it last 90 days.  It was my fault for not realizeing that she could not balance a check book.  Beautiful but not so smart.  I could not handle it.

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                  Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Thu, 07/28/11 4:24 PM (permalink)
                                  Dearfolk,
                                     Does anyone else remember "It's To Late For Love" by The Vanguards on the Lamp label out of Indianapolis? -- When Atlantic picked the disc up for national distribution, they changed the spelling to "Too," but somehow I prefer the original. This predates The Stylistics' gorgeous slow ballads and surely should have been a bigger hit.
                                        Wholeheartedly, Ort.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                    Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Thu, 07/28/11 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                    I dont remember, Ort, but am sure glad to see you here!

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                      Re:Slow dancing when you were a teen...the best songs Thu, 07/28/11 4:35 PM (permalink)
                                      Indeed, I do not remember much late 60s stuff but I also am very pleased to see you back with us, Ort.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 49 of 49

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com