Smoke Detectors, Evil???

Author
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
2006/05/27 01:05:32 (permalink)

Smoke Detectors, Evil???

I'm up again. I had not too long ago tonight settled in for a snuggle-fest with the beautiful Mrs. Bushie. Much to my chagrin, the smoke detector outside our bedroom started beeping. No, not signaling a fire, it was beeping every couple of minutes because the backup battery was getting low.

Owing to prior experience, I knew exactly what to do. Remove the offending disk from the wall (after retrieving the step ladder from the jungle in my garage, and scaring my step daughter half to death because I walked out in my undies), and remove the almost dead battery.

As expected (again, due to prior experience), the d*mn thing kept beeping for another half hour after having all life support removed (electricity).

My question is, "Is it just me, or are smoke detectors truly the spawn of Satan?"
No real reason to reply to this thread. I never visit the "Off Topic" forums anymore, so I probably won't see your replies. I'm just p*ssed off and had to vent. Thanks for your understanding.

3 Replies Related Threads

Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Smoke Detectors, Evil??? 2006/05/27 06:12:38 (permalink)
    A little too much heat from that snuggle fest, things must have really gotten HOT if it kept on going off after you removed the power source. Way to go Bushie, my hats off to you buddy. Chow Jim
    sizz
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1685
    RE: Smoke Detectors, Evil??? 2006/05/27 11:40:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Jimeats Posted - 05/27/2006 : 06:12:38
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little too much heat from that snuggle fest, things must have really gotten HOT if it kept on going off after you removed the power source. Way to go Bushie, my hats off to you buddy. Chow Jim

wow how do you do it Mr. Bushie ???.......going off with out a power source is something I long for.
    I suppose your a lot younger then I am............... just wait Bushie your time will come.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Smoke Detectors, Evil??? 2006/05/27 12:32:33 (permalink)

Mine goes off at an alarming rate when I forget to open the damper over the fireplace. A few swings with the Poker usually gains me a bit of peace, with the poker ya aint gotta go find a ladder.

Now that my kids are grown I don't worry so much about it.
    Duh....they take batteries?

I smoke in bed regularly, especially after a more than satisfying snuggle with Mr. Copper, but I figure since it is a water bed I will be OK. (I am aware of smoke inhalation blah blah blah) but hell, the satisfaction far outweighs the chances I take. Remember I stay slim by pushin my luck.

Copper

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1