The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics!

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sat, 10/2/10 5:51 PM (permalink)
May I take your order? All platters come with 2 sides!!

wheregreggeats.com

Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sat, 10/2/10 5:57 PM (permalink)
    Toooo
    Goooood 

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
      Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sat, 10/2/10 7:41 PM (permalink)
      Next time you visit Palm Springs bring some and let me know!

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
        Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sun, 10/3/10 9:27 AM (permalink)
        Hey CTF, do they spell Chicken with a T in Md, those are some big Chix legs on that Chix. What kind of Sausage, it looks like the size of Kielbasa................Nice job with your food.............Bill

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1936
          Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sun, 10/3/10 9:47 AM (permalink)
          Wish I could pick up several sausages and a whole turkey.  Also wish you had a food truck here.

chewingthefat

Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sun, 10/3/10 11:26 AM (permalink)
            BillyB

Hey CTF, do they spell Chicken with a T in Md, those are some big Chix legs on that Chix. What kind of Sausage, it looks like the size of Kielbasa................Nice job with your food.............Bill

I get whole fresh chickens from Costco, cut them in half, they are consistently big.
            I came up with a 60-40 beef to pork sausage recipe with fresh garlic and jalapenos, a little cumin. I have them made weekly at Mt. Airy Meat locker about 40 minutes from here, I have to pick up. They asked me how long of a product I wanted, I said a foot long, so that's what I get. I have foot long buns if someone wants one, I call it our Alamo Dog[you'll always remember it!]

norton

• Total Posts: 16
              Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Tue, 10/5/10 10:49 AM (permalink)
              Wow, your BBQ pics. are killing me! I love good "Q" and living in a college town with it's abundance of restaurants you would think you could get something, at LEAST close to how good your stuff looks.

But, (insert sigh), that is not the case. We have 2 BBQ around here and neither is really fit to eat at. Oh well, maybe one of these days.......

Play27

• Total Posts: 113
                Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Tue, 10/5/10 11:48 AM (permalink)
                CTF-do you find that smoking turkey alongside other meats (especially pork) imparts a turkey flavor to everything in the smoker? We had a bad experience one time at Thanksgiving, the turkey was awesome but my shoulders tasted like, well, turkey. It was a wild turkey but still, I've never cooked anything with turkey again.

chewingthefat

Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Tue, 10/5/10 12:45 PM (permalink)
                  Play27

CTF-do you find that smoking turkey alongside other meats (especially pork) imparts a turkey flavor to everything in the smoker? We had a bad experience one time at Thanksgiving, the turkey was awesome but my shoulders tasted like, well, turkey. It was a wild turkey but still, I've never cooked anything with turkey again.

I'll bet the wild part is what did that to you, we have no "turkey" flavor in anything else in the smoker. I've had requests from people I know well, wanting to smoke Geese, Dove , etc. game birds, I don't allow it for that very reason. My well seasoned 9 yr. old Southern Pride doesn't need to have new flavors permeating it's well worn interior.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4899
                    Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Tue, 10/5/10 2:33 PM (permalink)
                    Damn, those birds look good!

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1501
                      Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sun, 10/10/10 12:47 AM (permalink)
                      OH............MAMA!................Be still my heart!...............Be happy my Tummy!

DirtDude

• Total Posts: 161
                        Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Sun, 10/10/10 8:53 PM (permalink)
                        ooooo, very good daniel son.

Ev1L

• Total Posts: 80
                          Re: Smoked Sausages, 1/2 Chickens, Whole Turkey waiting for you, pics! Mon, 10/11/10 7:05 PM (permalink)
                          Absolutely wonderful. I would be all over that smoked turkey!
                          Keep up the great work!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com