Smokey Bones

Author
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
2006/08/06 18:19:07 (permalink)

Smokey Bones

There was a coupon ad in our local paper today for Smokey Bones in Colonie, NY - $3 off for lunch and $4 off for dinner. But what caught my attention was their "new" item - "chicken fried chicken".

Dont think I'll be patronizing that place anytime soon...

Cheers, John

3 Replies Related Threads

fhoran
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: Smokey Bones 2006/08/06 20:43:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by seafarer john

There was a coupon ad in our local paper today for Smokey Bones in Colonie, NY - $3 off for lunch and $4 off for dinner. But what caught my attention was their "new" item - "chicken fried chicken".

Dont think I'll be patronizing that place anytime soon...

Cheers, John

A number of places like Cracker Barrel and Applebees now have "chicken fried chicken" on their menus. They are actually pretty serviceable. Just one more sign that the Apocalypse is upon us. Actually I've never tried the Applebees but have the recipe which looks kind of interesting. Fred
    Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 219
    RE: Smokey Bones 2006/08/06 22:32:02 (permalink)
    "Chicken Fried Chicken"...so that would be like "Chicken Fried Steak"....only using chicken instead of steak? What an original and novel idea, I wonder how they thought of it?

fhoran
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: Smokey Bones 2006/08/06 22:51:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Wistah

"Chicken Fried Chicken"...so that would be like "Chicken Fried Steak"....only using chicken instead of steak? What an original and novel idea, I wonder how they thought of it?

Well, I think it's the same way civilization started. The Chinese built cities, the Romans copied and improved on the idea, and pretty soon you had Lebanon, Tennessee where Cracker Barrel began (I think they invented the idea of "chicken fried chicken" but am open to correction). Who'd a thunk it? Fred
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1