Snack Crackers- a survey

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 749
2003/05/03 07:44:30 (permalink)

Snack Crackers- a survey

How many people here still can get the Nabisco Bacon crackers and the Chikin n a Biskit BBQ flavors? Apparently each local bakery/division can pick and choose what products they will put out...our local here in se NY hasnt offered the Bacon is YEARS..and now stopped offering the BBQ CIAB..which,of course, I grew addicted to! Was in the Scarnton area,and happened to see the Bacon [and snatched up a few boxes!]...but didnt see the BBQ..is the BBQ dead?

48 Replies Related Threads

Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1508
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2003/05/03 21:40:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ConeyIslandLou

How many people here still can get the Nabisco Bacon crackers and the Chikin n a Biskit BBQ flavors? Apparently each local bakery/division can pick and choose what products they will put out...our local here in se NY hasnt offered the Bacon is YEARS..and now stopped offering the BBQ CIAB..which,of course, I grew addicted to! Was in the Scarnton area,and happened to see the Bacon [and snatched up a few boxes!]...but didnt see the BBQ..is the BBQ dead?

Here in the middle of Cali, we still have the Bacon (always my fave with cream cheese) but have never heard of the chicken bbq. We still have the regular though.
    Hode
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2003/05/05 17:26:47 (permalink)
    No bbq ciab or bacon in upstate ny either
    Danhx
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2003/05/08 20:38:25 (permalink)
    I've never heard of either of them. That just goes to show how deprived we are in Georgia.
    dte3672
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 14:19:04 (permalink)
    My favorite snack crackers are Wheat Thins. I LOVE to dip 'em in cottage cheese! Back in the early 90's tho I was very addicted to Keebler Snacklin Cheddars. Alas, they disappeared.....
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13475
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 15:19:53 (permalink)
    Waverly Wafer light with just bout anything.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    chezkatie
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 15:59:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

Waverly Wafer light with just bout anything.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

Amen...........my favorite "everyday" cracker!
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 16:55:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Danhx

I've never heard of either of them. That just goes to show how deprived we are in Georgia.

Danhx,
    Chicken-In-A-Biskit used to be common on Georgia foodstore shelves. I haven't seen them lately, probably because I haven't looked.
    Try the independent food stores in your area. In Atlanta, there's a doozy - it's an I. G. A. on Clairmont Road in North Decatur. That store carries tons of stuff - often for only one or two customers - that nobody else in all of Metro Atlanta does... even the huge "warehouse" places.
    In Athens, we have Bell's Food Stores, locally-owned. I'll saunter by one day when I have the time and inclination and see if we have access to those products.
    My only "eating" crackers are a couple of packets of leftover saltines when my blood sugar drops (I'm hypoglycaemic) or a few club crackers with a salad or bowl of chili. If I had the right to pick and choose my favorite, I'd say either Wheat Thins or those rough whole wheat squares... what're they called? Until I shrink a few more pounds, though, I'm eschewing crackers.
    Or am I going same? G'nee.
    Bisquittingly, Ort. Carlton in Athens, Georgia 30601.
    P. S. Nabisco maintains a plant in Atlanta on one of my favorite obscure streets - Murphy Avenue, S/W - it's right by the Canada Dry plant, and only about a mile from my favorite house in the world.
    fogwater
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 17:09:29 (permalink)
    I like stoned wheat thins, partly just for the name, but also cause they're ragged & crunchy. Saltines too. Basically salt & baking soda & flour will do it for me. Cooked together. Then some butter &/or cheese with.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15175
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 17:48:46 (permalink)
    Regular Trisquits are Number 1 for me...Then the 'Club' crackers. Buttery rich and very tasty.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 18:48:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by fogwater

stoned wheat thins

Oh, wow, man....

Cruising The O-Zone, Ort. in 30601.
    P. S. I've used my old hippie voice for those at least 75 times by now. When I have more money, I'll hire a new writer....
    P. P. S. They really are even better than their name, man.
    lamertz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 290
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/17 20:48:34 (permalink)
    Stone Wheat Thins--yeah baby. I also really love Tricuits.Carrs has a buttery one whose name I can'T remember. Aren't crackers lovely? Maybe I'm waxing because of my no carb diet but I think they are a great invention.
    BigGlenn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 461
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/18 01:44:50 (permalink)
    "Lance Captains Wafers" I grew up on them in Arkansas. No salad was complete with out a Captains Wafer. If you don't know what it is, I think a Keebler Club Cracker is about as close as it comes to a Lance Captains Wafer. Maybe a little bit butterier (Is that a word?)LOL
    GordonW
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 924
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/18 03:32:33 (permalink)
    In the local natural foods store, my wife found the "TLC" line of crackers ("zero grams, no transfatty, no hydrogenated, all natural").

"TLC" means "tasty little crackers."
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 182
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/18 12:29:55 (permalink)
    I like a cracker called Ak-mak. We get them in the local high-brow supermarket around here. They have a really nice wheat and sesame thing going on. I'll often eat them plain but I also put things I shouldn't be eating with my fingers on them like peanut butter or hummus! When I'm feeling decadent, I'll spring for a box of Ritz.
    fogwater
    Junior Burger
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/18 12:32:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

quote:

stoned wheat thins

Oh, wow, man....

P. S. I've used my old hippie voice for those at least 75 times by now. When I have more money, I'll hire a new writer....

Yeah, man, I like snapping those funky suckers in half. The little crunchies of salt are so tasty.

Clothier, I love ritz crackers with cream cheese & guava jelly. That's strictly a christmas thing for me, fortified by family tradition.

There's a grocery chain here, Loblaws, which puts out an organic cracker which is 'multi-seed'. They're really good because they throw anise seeds into the mix. Yum
    dte3672
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/21 16:58:22 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

stoned wheat thins

Oh, wow, man....

Yeah, man, I like snapping those funky suckers in half. The little crunchies of salt are so tasty.

Clothier, I love ritz crackers with cream cheese & guava jelly. That's strictly a christmas thing for me, fortified by family tradition.

There's a grocery chain here, Loblaws, which puts out an organic cracker which is 'multi-seed'. They're really good because they throw anise seeds into the mix. Yum

OH YEAH! Ritz with cream cheese and jalapeno jelly!!!
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2413
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/21 17:07:57 (permalink)
    Chikin in a biskit still available here, my personal favorite is Pepperidge Farms Sesame Snack Sticks, dipped in just about anything. The best would be the "Hellava Good Dip" onion dip. This is a fairly new brand of dip, they also have a "bold" version that's very tasty. In the refridgerated section. Second would be pimento cheese spread, then there's port wine. It's all good!
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2876
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/21 20:41:06 (permalink)
    We get the chicken crackers, and vegetable crackers, but no bacon crackers in Los Angeles.

The cracker depends on the cheese. For cheddar: Ritz, for brie: water crackers, for Jarlsberg: butter or wheat

I recently had a butter cracker at a party that was shaped like a butterfly. Does anyone know the name of that one offhand? It was yummy.
    scbuzz
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 844
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 08:01:57 (permalink)
    My favorite snack cracker is ritz, and I love to put peanut butter on it !!

I like triscuits with cheese and certain dips .... especially hot artichoke dip and crab dip.

I like saltines, but only crumbled up in soup/chowder !!
    Dipstick
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 08:14:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by dte3672

quote:

quote:

quote:

stoned wheat thins

Oh, wow, man....

OH YEAH! Ritz with cream cheese and jalapeno jelly!!!

Amen to the cream cheese and jalapeno jelly!!! Food of the gods!

My favs are sociables and trisquits. Haven't seen those bacon crackers in years, but will still get the chicken-in-a-biskit regular on occasion. Never saw the BBQ, but I bet they were great!
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 08:30:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by EliseT

I recently had a butter cracker at a party that was shaped like a butterfly. Does anyone know the name of that one offhand? It was yummy.

They are aptly named Pepperidge Farm Butterfly Crackers. FYI.
    Michael Stern
    • Total Posts : 1026
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 08:35:41 (permalink)
    Triscuits and Stone Wheat Thins are my faves. I had totally forgotten about Nabisco Bacon crackers. As a child, I ate them by the box, followed by a package of Devil's Food Squares (another taste memory now vanished, at least from my supermarket's shelves).
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3283
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 08:46:43 (permalink)
    Waverly Wafers, a rectangular, buttery cracker with Merkt's cheddar or almond Swiss cheese spread.
    ToddH
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 20
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 09:06:51 (permalink)
    quote:

Will Check here in Knoxville. See if we still have it. Send a care package if I can.
    rumbelly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 09:10:33 (permalink)
    Any Carr's bisquit. Especially wheatmeal with blue cheese on top. Anyone ever eat saltines with butter on top late at night ?
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 09:34:02 (permalink)
    I can tell you that my favorite lyric about snack crackers comes from "Camel Walk" by the thrillbillies themselves, Southern Culture on the Skids (previously referenced on this site), whom penned:

"Yo ye pharoahs, let us walk
    through this barren desert in search of truth
    and some pointy boots
    and maybe a few snack crackers."

Still makes me tear-up to this day.
    fogwater
    Junior Burger
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 10:21:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by rumbelly

Any Carr's bisquit. Especially wheatmeal with blue cheese on top. Anyone ever eat saltines with butter on top late at night ?

Oh yes, saltines with salted butter on top. I like salt & fat I guess. But not just late at night. And those Carr biscuits are grand. I love the black pepper water crackers, and the sesame & poppy seed biscuits are great.

Oh, and by the way, it's Stoned Wheat Thins, at least that's what's on the package in Canada (not Stone Wheat Thins). But I assure you, they're strictly for medicinal use.
    Rusty246
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 10:43:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by rumbelly

My family does and always has eaten butter on crackers. My favorite time though is with homemade vegetable beef soup.
    Rusty246
    RE: Snack Crackers- a survey 2004/01/22 10:46:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddH

quote:

We still have the Nabisco bacon, and CIAB. I specifcally looked last night when I was at the grocer's. Not sure about the BBQ, but I'll be glad to look as I seem to be at the store on a daily basis. There were several varieties. Let me know if I can help as well. Whoops, I typed above your response. SORRY!

Will Check here in Knoxville. See if we still have it. Send a care package if I can.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1