The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Snack Jack--Flagler Beach, FL

BT

• Total Posts: 3589
Snack Jack--Flagler Beach, FL Sun, 01/1/06 11:38 PM (permalink)
I realize not everybody gets the sort of fried food cravings I do, but then those people probably don't live west of the Continental Divide. Out in the land of seasonal baby vegetables and goat cheese appetizers, the sort of thing Snack Jack offers--beer and any kind of seafood you might want as long as it can be breaded, fried and served with deep fried veggies (potatoes or onion rings, your pick), deep fried hush puppies and coleslaw (thankfully, not deep fried)--isn't available. And this is the sort of seafood I grew up with in my youth down by the Chesapeake or the Outer Banks. So, when I'm visiting my family down here in FL, I can't miss at least one meal here at Snack Jacks, gorging on the bounty of the deep fryer as the waves roll in under the floor boards and the seabreeze wafts through the open windows. Tonight I had oysters, slathered in home-made tartar sauce, and both French fries AND onion rings along with my hush puppies and slaw. Oh, yummy, yummy.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com