Snap Crackel And Burp

Author
syrup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 164
2007/03/05 11:10:25 (permalink)

Snap Crackel And Burp

While watching a M*A*S*H rerun I saw a scene where Hawkeye pours beer into a bowl of cereal while at Rosie's Bar. A scene similar to this took place in Robert Altman's California Split. I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried this? I don't like beer so I won't be doing that anytime soon.

8 Replies Related Threads

shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 16:05:43 (permalink)
    Beer...it's not just for breakfast anymore...
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 17:37:08 (permalink)
    a beer from Anheuser-Busch would go well with Rice Krispies, since they use rice as a filler in all their beers.
    desertdog
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1946
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 17:41:20 (permalink)

Reminds me of a commercial someone e-mailed me a while back (on youtube) for Men's underwear...

PLEASE do not watch if you are offended by bodily functions and a half naked (well almost) woman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN99rLNm-MU
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 18:06:02 (permalink)
    I WAS UTTERLY OFFENDED BY THE VIDEO YOU POSTED.

...so I watched it twice! no - wait. still laughing on the third viewing.

Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 18:25:46 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader
    a beer from Anheuser-Busch would go well with Rice Krispies, since they use rice as a filler in all their beers.

Scorereader,
    You are basically right, but according to a guy I know who works for the local A/B distributorship, Budweiser and Bud Light are "rice beers," whereas Busch and Busch Light are "corn beers." I guess that's not to say that some of both are in there, but the proportions are quite different.
    Speaking of A/B, of late they've introduced some really good "niche" products aimed at micro drinkers. Trouble is, they have no earthly idea of how to market them, and company brass apparently thinks that lack of sales is due to most micro customers refusing to try any product of a "national" brewer.
    While I am aware of some backlash there, I know I would try any of those "niche" products aimed at microbrew drinkers like me if I could locate them on draught. Since I am overweight and want to cut back my beer intake (and since I have an EXCELLENT local brewpub to patronize!), my quest has not yet assumed scientific proportions... if I can shed 30-40 pounds between now and hot weather, I'll make a concerted effort, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.
    I'll ask my friend Julie (who used to work at A/B's Cartersville plant) if she knows the percent proportions of corn grit versus rice solids (or maybe syrup) in Bud versus Busch and get back to y'all on that one. It isn't a very closely kept secret -- and that might actually be on their website.
    As for beer for breakfast, I'll skim over that one... especially on cereal.
    Like Peter Rabbit, I'll Be Hopping Along, Ort. Carlton in Dee Jay Runaway (On WUOG-FM) Athens, Georgia.
    P. S. If any of you get the above pun, I'll be a loosemeats in Le Mars.
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3008
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 18:59:32 (permalink)
    Is she single and does she like baseball?
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/05 23:16:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ChiTownDiner
    Is she single and does she like baseball?

ChiTown,
    Assuming you are referring here to my friend Julie (above a ways), the answers are yes and yes.
    Julie is soon to take a job in Birmingham, which will give me a friend to go visit while performing research in local cemeteries, cranking microfilm, hunting through historical records, and trying the myriad of Greek-family run eateries that grace The Magic City.
    It really would be a hoot as well to add her to the Roadfood family. I'll have to get her interested when I visit her in Atlanta, which will be as soon as it is convenient for her and as soon as I can get away to do so.
    Springfully, Ort. Carlton in Flowering Athens, Georgia.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Snap Crackel And Burp 2007/03/06 09:15:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

Scorereader,
    You are basically right, but according to a guy I know who works for the local A/B distributorship, Budweiser and Bud Light are "rice beers," whereas Busch and Busch Light are "corn beers." I guess that's not to say that some of both are in there, but the proportions are quite different.
    Speaking of A/B, of late they've introduced some really good "niche" products aimed at micro drinkers. Trouble is, they have no earthly idea of how to market them, and company brass apparently thinks that lack of sales is due to most micro customers refusing to try any product of a "national" brewer.
    While I am aware of some backlash there, I know I would try any of those "niche" products aimed at microbrew drinkers like me if I could locate them on draught. Since I am overweight and want to cut back my beer intake (and since I have an EXCELLENT local brewpub to patronize!), my quest has not yet assumed scientific proportions... if I can shed 30-40 pounds between now and hot weather, I'll make a concerted effort, if only to satisfy my own curiosity.
    I'll ask my friend Julie (who used to work at A/B's Cartersville plant) if she knows the percent proportions of corn grit versus rice solids (or maybe syrup) in Bud versus Busch and get back to y'all on that one. It isn't a very closely kept secret -- and that might actually be on their website.
    As for beer for breakfast, I'll skim over that one... especially on cereal.
    Like Peter Rabbit, I'll Be Hopping Along, Ort. Carlton in Dee Jay Runaway (On WUOG-FM) Athens, Georgia.
    P. S. If any of you get the above pun, I'll be a loosemeats in Le Mars.

Busch, like the racing series to Nextel, is a second tier beer to Budweiser label. So, if Bud doesn't taste good...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1