The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Snapple Pie

Sundancer7

Snapple Pie Mon, 10/20/03 11:21 AM (permalink)
Cadbury Sweppes which owns Snapple announced today that they will make available Snapple Pie which is their drink made to simulate apple pie. It will be available through December.

Sounded sorta interesting to me. I wonder if we could add some Mayfields home made ice cream to it

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

RockyB

• Total Posts: 120
    RE: Snapple Pie Mon, 10/20/03 12:36 PM (permalink)
    I think you can taste it and report back. It sounds horrid to me! All except the ice cream!

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
      RE: Snapple Pie Mon, 10/20/03 12:36 PM (permalink)
      I guess the obvious inquiry here is WHO needs a beverage "simulating apple pie"? Sure, those inaccessible to the pastry (astronauts, remaining and disillusioned World War II soldiers still hiding out on some South Pacific island and Communists [they simply oppose the pleasure of the whole thing]), but seriously, who is this marketed to??

If I need a drink to simulate anything it is to imitate savoir fare and maybe, just maybe, undeniable wealth. But a soda flavored like apple pie ?? Kind of redefines the term Pop-Tart, no ?

Sundancer7

RE: Snapple Pie Mon, 10/20/03 12:42 PM (permalink)
        I95, you probably need to direct your question to the marketing department of Snapple as I cannot answer that.

I guess they feel they have a market or they would not be spending the bucks to bring it out. We have drinks to simulate almost everything else.

Paul E. Smith
        Knoxville, TN

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
          RE: Snapple Pie Mon, 10/20/03 3:16 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Sundancer7

I95, you probably need to direct your question to the marketing department of Snapple as I cannot answer that.

I guess they feel they have a market or they would not be spending the bucks to bring it out. We have drinks to simulate almost everything else.

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

Sundancer:

I thought you were the Marketing if not R&D Director for Snapple and that your original posting was some sort of no-cost, gorilla marketing tactic, no? You guys at Snapple are so dern wiley! You'll probably even respond to this posting saying that you're NOT Snapple's Marketing Director. All billable hours, I suppose.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com