The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

So tasty and so cheap

amazing22

• Total Posts: 3
So tasty and so cheap Sun, 06/6/10 9:12 PM (permalink)
Hi guys 

I wanted to post some spam, but the moderators cut out my link, but will leave the thread that followed It is so easy to make spam.

Hope you will like it.

<message edited by Tony Bad on Fri, 06/18/10 2:13 PM>

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
    Re:So tasty and so cheap Wed, 06/16/10 12:08 PM (permalink)
    I'm amazed22. My mention of the site was deleted by me.

Ok, some great threads have started here kinda like this sooo.

Who has some tasty... yet cheep recipes?

Amazing22, how much do they pay you to do this? This thread is actually in the right section... unlike the other one in the "hot dog" section. Hmm, a third one musta got deleted. Oh, and "best food by your own"... I thought this was a typo but you used this phrase in both threads you started. What does it mean??? And oh, are you really in Florida?

Ok... my recipe. Cook some rice per directions but add some butter to the water while heating. Put the cooked rice in a bowl and cover w/ cheddar cheese. Now top w/ some heated Wolf Brand (no beans) Chili. Serve chopped pickled jalapenos on the side so folks can add them... if they want to kik things up a notch. Easy to make and cheep. Hope you will like it. The best food by your own!
    :~)
    Joe

Oh, above recipe inspired by Shanghai Jimmy. He made his own chili of coarse. The recommended drink w. Chili Rice was lemonade. Hey, it works good! Elvis loved Jimmy's Chili Rice but he liked his topped w/ sweet relish. I prefer dill.

<message edited by PapaJoe8 on Sat, 06/19/10 10:01 PM>

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
      Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 12:32 PM (permalink)
      80-20 burger browned, along with sliced new potatos, and spanish onions, seasonings, drained and put into a premade pie shell and topped with additional pie crust, baked till crust is flaky brown, 375 degrees, voila Potato burger pie, add cheese if you want, and or bacon just about fully cooked and towled, to the top of the crust right before finishing, Cheeseburger pie, bacon cheeseburger pie...my recipe, I think! At least I've never seen the recipe, but it is damn good!
      PappaJoe start a new thread away from the above guy!
      <message edited by chewingthefat on Fri, 06/18/10 12:34 PM>

Born in OKC

• Total Posts: 428
        Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 12:52 PM (permalink)
        Seems as good a place as any for help on a German dish, perhaps from Berlin, that I read about long ago (no details given) and which I tried to compose on my own with indifferent results.  IIRC it was ground beef, shredded cabbage, and bread crumbs all fried together for a simple one pot (well, one skillet)  meal.   It seemed like it had possibilities but as I said I was never much impressed with my results.

Does anyone have a real true Deutsche or other proven recipe for something like I have tried to describe?

PapaJoe8 - keep 'em straight, sir.  I agree with / like your quick chili on rice as you might imagine, although  I'd add chopped onion and probably a slug of Frank's Original RedHot sauce.   The bad thing is, I GOOGLED one time and found your basic procedure named the real thing: "Shanghai Jimmy's Chili Rice" instead of described as a home made substiute. 

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2933
          Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 1:39 PM (permalink)
          1lb ground beef, browned. 1 cup minute rice, 1 medium onion, 1 large can stewed tomatoes, 2T chili powder. Brown the beef, don't drain. Add everything else, let simmer covered until the rice picks up all the liquid. Add a little water if needed.

PapaJoe8

Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 7:02 PM (permalink)
            Shoot Tony, now my 4th paragraph does not make much sense.

"best food by your own" was used in all the threads that Amazing22 started here.

To late Chewer! Things already takin off here. I like "bacon cheeseburger pie" best.

OKC, chopped onion... yes! Franks or Louisanna, bottle one tha side cause of tha kidos. You talkin bout someones post where they used Wolf to make their version of Jimmy's chili? That was posted by someone years ago. I was careful to say "inspired by" and that Jimmy made his own chili. I knew you might see this. :~)

Mosca, simple but good. Hmmm... what to call your recipe???
            Joe
            <message edited by PapaJoe8 on Sat, 06/19/10 10:06 PM>

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
              Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 7:38 PM (permalink)
              I had some Spam the other night. It said "25% less salt" on the label, but it still puckered my mouth and made me thirsty after I dun et it.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 7:41 PM (permalink)
                PapaJoe8

Shoot Tony, now my 4th paragraph does not make much sense.

Neither does your first, second or third...

PapaJoe8

Re:So tasty and so cheap Fri, 06/18/10 7:56 PM (permalink)
                  Capt... guess your right. That Tony IS bad! Glad you thought my 5th and 6th made sense.

An nice lady here once said that my posts were full of bologna. I searched and searched and could not find even one post where I even mentioned bologna. I don't think I even posted in all the Fried Bologna threads here. I still don't understand why she said that??? Hmm, who was that lady?
                  Joe

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
                    Re:So tasty and so cheap Sat, 06/19/10 2:23 AM (permalink)
                    Why is this thread happening? By continuing on, you're affording this rip-off artist exposure. This poster is promoting a product that's an absolute plagerism of work done by Todd Wilbur, Gloria Pitzer, and the many independent contributors to the many recipe/clone forums to which many of my clone recipes are posted. I, like many of the others have expended a lot of time and expertise to develop these recipes. I love to share mine even though the road to development cost several trips to a restaurant and in some cases monetary considerations to find out what's going on in the kitchen to replicated them. Those of us that do this aren't looking to make a buck, just hack the product so everybody can replicate it in their homes as an open source recipe. By supporting a plagerist like this financially by buying their "secrets" book makes those of us that contribute less likely to do this. Why the hell should I spend my time and money to develop a clone so a shylock like this can cut and paste my work into a document that they sell? Nobody is giving me a royalty. Why should I bust hump at my dime to make these plagerists wealthy? Sharing is one thing. Making a buck on my efforts is another. I'm sorry, I don't agree with this thought of these threads stimulating debate. This is spam and outright intellectual theft and should have been deleted.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                      Re:So tasty and so cheap Sat, 06/19/10 11:47 AM (permalink)
                      DawnT

Why is this thread happening? By continuing on, you're affording this rip-off artist exposure. This poster is promoting a product that's an absolute plagerism of work done by Todd Wilbur, Gloria Pitzer, and the many independent contributors to the many recipe/clone forums to which many of my clone recipes are posted. I, like many of the others have expended a lot of time and expertise to develop these recipes. I love to share mine even though the road to development cost several trips to a restaurant and in some cases monetary considerations to find out what's going on in the kitchen to replicated them. Those of us that do this aren't looking to make a buck, just hack the product so everybody can replicate it in their homes as an open source recipe. By supporting a plagerist like this financially by buying their "secrets" book makes those of us that contribute less likely to do this. Why the hell should I spend my time and money to develop a clone so a shylock like this can cut and paste my work into a document that they sell? Nobody is giving me a royalty. Why should I bust hump at my dime to make these plagerists wealthy? Sharing is one thing. Making a buck on my efforts is another. I'm sorry, I don't agree with this thought of these threads stimulating debate. This is spam and outright intellectual theft and should have been deleted.

What exactly are you talking about?

Tony Bad

Re:So tasty and so cheap Sat, 06/19/10 8:09 PM (permalink)
                        chewingthefat

What exactly are you talking about?

I second the motion!

The spam was deleted long before you posted your thoughts, and the spammer locked out. Who are we affording exposure?

I left the thread because a few people posted recipes. If I missed some grassy knoll stuff, please enlighten.
                        <message edited by Tony Bad on Sat, 06/19/10 8:11 PM>

PapaJoe8

Re:So tasty and so cheap Sat, 06/19/10 9:57 PM (permalink)
                          Dawn, so sorry they have done that with your recipes. I had no idea they did this. Thanks for letting us know. Were those recipes on the net and they collected them?

The spamer will not get credit for the post here because Roadfood cancels the link folks must take for the spamer to get any credit. I did mention the site but will now delete it.
                          Joe

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com