Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Soda for breakfast

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 74
tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 8:51 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Except for green tea when I am ill, I've never had a glass of tea, and
I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. I am a weird bird I guess.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

You are not that weird Fieldthistle. I've had about 3 more cups of coffee than you have, in my life time.

John B

RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 8:56 AM (permalink)
    It's Coke cola for me every morning with breakfast. A great way to start the day!

mland520

• Total Posts: 485
      RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 9:47 AM (permalink)
      Coffee- always! There are very few times when I will even drink a carbonated beverage. Weird, becaues where I work the soft drinks are FREE! And no, I don't work for a bottling company! The owner here drink diet Pepsi and he feels that all of his employees should be allowed to drink the soda of their choice at no charge! Nice guy! I've been her over a year and I think I've had a total of 6 sodas in that time frame.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
        RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 10:12 AM (permalink)
        I am a coffee drinker in the morning and in the afternoon. However, the first beverage I have every day with breakfast is a nice big glass of ice water. I read somewhere once that water in the morning can actually give you as much energy as coffee. I don't know if that's really true but it works for me.

packerwmn

• Total Posts: 158
          RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 11:12 AM (permalink)
          For me it's Diet Pepsi all day long. May have the Diet w/Lime during the day and Caffiene free after 8pm, but soda only!

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1908
            RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 1:35 PM (permalink)
            For years, I drank even more soda than Al does. It started in the service, as I was a non coffee drinker, and needed something at 5 AM, but the habit remained 30 years later. I quit because I was getting way too fat. Today I drink a little Diet Coke (tm) at restaurants, with a meal, but that is all.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
              RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 3:40 PM (permalink)
              I drink a Diet Dew every morning before I start work. It's what keeps me going through the day.

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
                RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 3:44 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Sundancer7

I cannot imagine a breakfast without a Diet Coke.

I was in Germany a few years ago and I ask for three Diet Cokes with my typical German buffet. The server was extremely unhappy with me as she felt it was unhealthy and refused to give me three, only two???.

If I cannot have a Diet Coke, I will usually skip breakfast.

Paul E. Smith
                Knoxville, TN

One of my favorite breakfast combos is Diet Coke with hash browns.

essemjay58

• Total Posts: 134
                  RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/17/07 11:25 PM (permalink)
                  I have no taste for soda pop, probably have 15-20 avg. per YEAR. For me, 3-5 cups of coffee in the morning, water most of the rest of the day, and maybe a couple (good) beers in the evening.

GordonW

• Total Posts: 924
                    RE: Soda for breakfast Fri, 01/19/07 8:17 PM (permalink)
                    There now is a "Gatorade A.M."

As the company says, "Gatorade A.M. helps put back the fluids and energy you lose during a full night's sleep."

Guess I never knew I worked that hard.

PepperPhil

• Total Posts: 335
                      RE: Soda for breakfast Fri, 01/19/07 8:25 PM (permalink)
                      Six Eggs Anystyle
                      Three Bacon slices
                      Three Sausage patties
                      Three Hash browns
                      Bisquits & Gravy
                      1/2 grapefruit
                      Cottage Cheese & peaches

And a Diet Coke

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        RE: Soda for breakfast Fri, 01/19/07 8:31 PM (permalink)

Gordon,
                        Considering the number of 'Pit Stops' I wake up for during the night, I'd better start buying that gatorade by the case to "reconstitute" myself every morning.

Sundancer7

RE: Soda for breakfast Fri, 01/19/07 9:08 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Gordon,
                          Considering the number of 'Pit Stops' I wake up for during the night, I'd better start buying that gatorade by the case to "reconstitute" myself every morning.

The intake of a 1000cc's of diet coke in the evening will result in several pit stops during the evening. Reminds me of Dr. Pepper except the hours are different.

Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

chriscubva

• Total Posts: 118
                            RE: Soda for breakfast Sat, 01/20/07 3:44 AM (permalink)
                            Didn't Pepsi at one time advertised their product for the breakfast crowd?

Anyway, I actually drink beer at 7am. But I work from 10pm until 6am anyway.

Trishkaidekaphobia

• Total Posts: 133
                              RE: Soda for breakfast Sat, 01/20/07 1:24 PM (permalink)
                              Al, Jean, my name is Trisha and I am a soda-holic too. Or popaholic as we say here in S. Ontario.

Pop (usually Canada Dry Gingerale or sometimes Pepsi) was a treat when I was growing up. Our city (Kitchener, Ontario) drew its water from artesian wells and it was delicious. It rivalled any bottled water out there.

Then as the city grew, they started drawing water from other sources and began to chlorinate it. That's when I started drinking diet soda on a daily basis. When you can't stomach the water, soda is the only way to go. It's usually cheaper than bottled water too.

P.S. I had a Diet Pepsi for breakfast today, but that's a weekend thing with me.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                                RE: Soda for breakfast Sat, 01/20/07 1:52 PM (permalink)
                                Gave up on the soda for the most part. Too sweet and would give me a headache. I used to drink a 2 liter a day in my teens, but would feel out of it the rest of the day. I find I have more energy when I drink water, tea, milk. I try to drink about 8 glasses of water a day.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                  RE: Soda for breakfast Mon, 01/22/07 3:27 PM (permalink)
                                  I am in awe. I drink about three sodas/soft drinks/pops a YEAR. Maybe a sip of Coke but mostly Cheerwines from the glass bottle (made w/ sugar not HFCS). I drink Earl Grey tea (unsweetened) mostly and Green tea when eating w/ Japanese.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                                    RE: Soda for breakfast Mon, 01/22/07 9:35 PM (permalink)
                                    PigIron: They (ahem) increase one's liquid output, yes. They're sometimes a medical necessity and no fun at all! But they do have their medically irrelevant but quite helpful or simply interesting uses. Like some other chemicals; but I wander. . . .

BakersBoy: When I was in seminary my wife, a nurse, often worked 11-7. One morning, to her horror, my advisor dropped by our place as she was sucking up a glass of sherry. Fortunately, he was a good friend.

annpeeples: One childhood axiom, one warning: Soft drinks are a treat, and never drink the last 6½-ounce Coke.

A-T-M-B: Thanks for the tip. I like DMD, but haven't tried the generics. I will; any other recommendations?

FT: Home-made roll recipe, pretty please? I'm trying to broaden my horizons. (My butt takes care of itself.)

PepperPhil: Lordy, I wish I could eat like that!

V960: That settles it: I have to find a Cheerwine source!

Rick

V960

RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 11:28 AM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by Rick F.

V960: That settles it: I have to find a Cheerwine source!

Rick

A very local soft drink. Made in Rowan county NC and difficult to find outside NC

Fieldthistle

• Total Posts: 1948
                                        RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 12:09 PM (permalink)
                                        Hello All,
                                        V960, we have Cheerwine here in Rockingham County, Va..
                                        RickF, I'll e-mail the roll recipe.
                                        Take Care,
                                        Fieldthistle

wlaurie

• Total Posts: 41
                                          RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 12:13 PM (permalink)
                                          I like soda in the a.m., too. I used to be a BIG Mt. Dew-a-holic but had to give that up. Now I drink Diet-Rite, when I can find it. It has 0 carbs, calories, and caffine. So what the heck is in there? Because I don't like it as much as regular soda, I don't drink as much, too.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 12:17 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by V960

A very local soft drink. Made in Rowan county NC and difficult to find outside NC

That's not completely true. I've seen it all over the south, including Alabama, Tennessee and Florida. I think it's also pretty popular in the Minneapolis area. I think Pepsi has some kind of a bottling agreement that has expanded it's territory tremendously over the last decade.

Rt66Mike

• Total Posts: 155
                                              RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 12:19 PM (permalink)
                                              Cheerwine is available in outstate Missouri - I believe that it is bottled by the Pepsi New Haven bottling plant. They seem to co-brand with Sun Drop quite a bit - don't know if thats because of the local bottler, or if the beverages are co-owned - I'm not really a big fan of either. But give me a nice bottle of Ski - another hard to find, excellent citrus soda.

I too am a breakfast soda drinker - I drink so much soda that I have a resturant style four head fountain installed in my kitchen, tied into bag-in-box syrup of Coke, Dr Pepper, 7UP, and Hi-C orange drink.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                                                • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: Soda for breakfast Tue, 01/23/07 12:33 PM (permalink)

PigIron, Sorry I didn't see your question about the Pee-Pill. As one who has it assigned for Blood Pressure and kidney support, I can assure you It isn't one to use for fun! It tends to divert liquid from other functions into the main drainage canal. In other words while the volume does increase quite a bit, Other place dry up! And I am not talking about 'tears'!!

On another topic... We have Cheerwine, Diet Cheerwine and Sun Drop and the diet version of it, in many of the grocery stores in the Louisville/Southern Indiana area. I like the Sun Drop as a cheaper replacement for Mountain Dew, but Cheerwine is a bit sweet for my subtle tastes!!

V960

• Location: Kannapolis area, NC
                                                  RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 3:21 PM (permalink)
                                                  I stand corrected on Cheerwine availability. I have now found out that even the NC stuff is now bottled in Charlotte not Salisbury. It has been farmed out to Pepsi (a NC founded comapny, New Bern, NC) in many markets

Let me encourage everyone to find it in the 12 oz glass bottle. This bottling does not use HFCS but cane sugar only. Heat it and put a lemon slice on top of a cup of it to cure a cold...ok, it won't cure it but it won't taste nasty like a HFCS soda will when it is heated.

wingdingman

• Total Posts: 13
                                                    RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 4:38 PM (permalink)
                                                    as a pepsi man i drink about two liters before lunch and two liters before evening. great with breakfast or any meal.

A Creole Cook

• Total Posts: 34
                                                      • Location: Los Angeles, CA
                                                      RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 5:30 PM (permalink)
                                                      Not odd at all drinking your tea iced in the mornings, I do it all the time
                                                      I love sweet tea, and I like it strong!

Keep a pitcher full in the fridg at all times :)

xannie_01

• Total Posts: 1481
                                                        • Location: albuquerque, NM
                                                        RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 5:34 PM (permalink)
                                                        as soon as i wake up i grab
                                                        a diet dr. pepper.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                                          • Location: Surprise, AZ
                                                          RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 6:10 PM (permalink)
                                                          I like a soda in the morning once in a while also but I'm not a cola-holic though. I prefer Mexican Coca Cola because it doesn't have HFCS. Pure sugar for me baby!!! I think it just tastes better. I usually find it in the local carniceras or mom and pop restaurants. Can't find it in Wickenburg AZ so I have to go to Phoenix for my fix. I usually buy a case and it will last about 2 months as I don't drink it often. Beer is my drink of choice after 4:00 pm.
                                                          David O.

Sundancer7

RE: Soda for breakfast Wed, 01/24/07 6:51 PM (permalink)
                                                            It is hard to imagine a breakfast without a Diet Coke along with my sausage and biscuit or any other breakfast product.

Paul E. Smith
                                                            Knoxville, TN

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 74

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com