Soft Shelled Crab

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18944
RE: Soft Shelled Crab 2005/08/12 10:42:42 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by seafarer john

A whole lot of those softshells would be killed and eaten by their fellow hardshells if we didn't rescue them to a higher calling and better fate. I say this even though sauteed softshells are not on my list of favorite dishes.

My friend Michael Hoffman seems to be a minority of one eating the eyes and lungs of the softshells or is it that his memory is failing him ?

Cheers, John

My memory is fine. I'm sorry if the way we ate softshell sandwiches along the Connectict shore runs counter to the way others prefer them, but I've never had control over that. I'll admit that I am one of the wimps who always turned his sandwich around and began eating from the back side. By the way, one of the most interesting sights along the waterfront at Savin Rock back about three million years ago, when I was a mere tad, was the ten-crab stack of fried softshells on the outside front counter of Raffaello's. It was from this stack of crabs, all with their eyes on and facing the customer, that one's sandwich order was put together.
dreamzpainter
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: Soft Shelled Crab 2005/08/12 12:58:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by mammascookin

Better yet, what would you buy? What size, live or dead, etc etc. Grandma deserves the best and the best is what I will get for her. Thanks!!!
get the size that best fits your roll
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1