The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Some unique hot dogs

yuppicide

• Total Posts: 184
Some unique hot dogs Sun, 09/8/13 10:03 AM (permalink)
I just found these by accident and I'm going to order when I get a chance.. not only do they have regular hot dogs, but they have

Gyro Dog (beef & pork with mediterranian spices), Pepperoni Dog, and Buffalo Dog.

http://www.brooklynhotdog...-dog-company-dogs.html

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
    Re:Some unique hot dogs Sun, 09/29/13 2:19 PM (permalink)
    The company sent me 4 packages of these franks. All but the gyro dogs which they were out of.

Had 2 of these franks for lunch. The all beef and the beef/pork. Both were outstanding. Long and thin; 6 to a 13 ounce package which comes to between 6 and 7 to a lb. A good size. I like that the ends hang over the bun. You taste those end bites without any distractions. The casings had the perfect snap, and I loved the texture of these dogs. The beef/pork had a slight tanginess; perhaps due to the celery powder. Very well balanced flavor; not overpowering. I would describe it more in the style of a Connecticut frank than a Jersey butcher dog. 

The all beef frank was very similar to the beef/pork as far as flavor. Not as tangy. I would describe it as rich, slightly smoky, and not as heavily seasoned as a Nathan's, Sabrett, or Hebrew National, but still in the New York style. Again, very well balanced. These dogs are made of high quality meat and no preservatives. Definitely high end and worth the price. Next time I'll try the pepperoni and Buffalo dogs. Not as optimistic about these.

yuppicide

• Total Posts: 184
      Re:Some unique hot dogs Thu, 10/3/13 10:29 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for the feedback. Based on your other feedback I definitely want to be optimistic about the pepperoni.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com