Sonny's Blue Benn Diner

Author
JDSpiedies
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 48
2004/10/28 18:39:25 (permalink)

Sonny's Blue Benn Diner

Ahh....I was in Bennington, Vermont earlier this month to had my annual fill of Vermont Fall Foliage. I had breakfast at Sonny Blue Benn Diner. It is such a lengend. For those who have not eaten there, it is an old time diner where you wait in line to get a booth ( known as the honor system; if you take a seat at the counter, you will lose your place in line.) I had the Black Bean Omlette with Home fries and Whole Wheat toast. My mom had corned beefed hash and pached eggs. IT was a nice breakefast, If you arwe ever in Bennington, if you are just pasing through, this is one of 2 must stops in that town- the other is the Hemming Motor News Sunoco Station.

3 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7894
    RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner 2004/10/28 19:07:45 (permalink)
    I absolutely agree with you JD Spiedies. The Blue Benn is a treasure. I love their Blueberry Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash. Whenever I visit family in Albany, I always have at least one breakfast at the Blue Benn or at Dot's in Wilmington VT.
    chezkatie
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner 2004/10/28 19:12:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wanderingjew

I absolutely agree with you JD Spiedies. The Blue Benn is a treasure. I love their Blueberry Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash. Whenever I visit family in Albany, I always have at least one breakfast at the Blue Benn or at Dot's in Wilmington VT.

Oh what memories I have of this place. Our family has eaten here so many times and I can vouch for their corned beef hash........not many places left that have it as good as theirs
    santacruz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 372
    RE: Sonny's Blue Benn Diner 2004/11/02 14:28:55 (permalink)
    The Blue Benn is a great place. The food is always well prepared and what a bunch of electic people..Locals, Bennington college students and staff,farmers etc. It is just a Roadfood gem.

Nothing better on a fall morning than the Blueberry pancakes with butter and maple syrup, good strong coffee and bacon. Then your ready to take on your cordwood cutting.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1