South Riverside County (Temecula area), California -- The Beer Hunter in Menifee

Author
AutoTraveler
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/07/17 16:40:41 (permalink)

South Riverside County (Temecula area), California -- The Beer Hunter in Menifee

Hi everyone. I'm new here and if you live in Southern California and are traveling down Interstate 215 from Riverside to Temecula, I would like to suggest The Beer Hunter in Menifee, at the Newport Road Exit at the Countryside Marketplace (there's a Best Buy visible from I-215, just south of the interchange). 

They've been open just over a year in an area that is almost devoid of good places to eat and I've become a regular. They know what I like and know how to prepare it. They know I like a slice of orange in my sweet tea and almost every server knows me well enough to make sure I get it. 

On Saturday nights they do a Prime Rib dinner that is a good value at $19.95, but Sunday they serve it open-face-style as a sandwich for just $11.99 on Sundays. I ask the kitchen to save me an end cut which means no matter what time I come in to eat on Sunday, the best seasoned part of the Prime Rib is waiting for me. Best of all, it's usually a bigger cut than if I ordered regular center-cut Prime Rib and although it's the end cut, it still has a bit of pink to the center and is almost always exceptionally juicy and tender. 

They let me substitute their chips for the French Fries and the kitchen knows that I like them extra crispy and that they taste best when dipped in their cheese sauce, which they provide a side for me. 

As this is a sports pub-style establishment, this is a great place to catch the NFL in the fall and today, while most everyone is watching the Women's World Cup, I'm watching the NASCAR race from New Hampshire.  

The Beer Hunter boasts the best in restaurant A/V in the area, and that includes all the places I frequent down in Temecula, 15 minutes south. Best of all, they can provide you a table-top speaker so you can listen to the audio on the screen you're watching. 

The food is first rate, portions are more than generous, and the service is almost always excellent (and the servers let me flirt with them), which I believe goes beyond that I'm a regular and that they know me so well. 

If you're like me and love fried chicken, then you should stop by on Thursday, they do a three-piece lunch special for $7.99 and for dinner it's four pieces for $9.99. Ask for it extra crispy... it's great! 

We're all passionate about road food -- I'm the editor of a web site AutomotiveTraveler.com so road food is an important part of our editorial agenda -- so it's always great to have alternatives to cookie-cutter chain restaurants, especially in an area like where I live where there are simply too few good places to eat. 

Richard Truesdell 
Editorial Director, AutomotiveTraveler.com, 
Automotive Traveler Magazine 

post edited by AutoTraveler - 2011/07/20 20:07:58

1 Reply Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7906
    Re:South Riverside County (Temecula area), California -- The Beer Hunter in Menifee 2011/07/24 20:59:48 (permalink)
    Thanks, Richard.

I should have subscribed to your site prior to my 5480 mile roadtrip.

Interesting site.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1