The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville

mlinkinhoker

• Total Posts: 183
  • Roadfood Insider
Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Tue, 08/28/07 11:10 PM (permalink)
Southern Festival of Books
War Memorial Plaza
Nashville, TN
Friday, October 12th - Sunday, October 14th
Free!!!
http://tn-humanities.org/festival/index.php

Plenty of food related things. John T. Edge and Fred Sauceman as well as Les Kerr. I am going to be volunteering with the Festival and they contacted me today saying they were going to have a food stage this year and wondering if I would help coordinate the volunteers for that. Will post more as I know more details. This is a great festival with over 200 authors speaking and signing. Events for the whole family.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 08/29/07 2:38 PM (permalink)

Thanks for the Heads-up!! Please post the details of the events as they become available. I feel another Nashville visit coming on.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 08/30/07 2:31 PM (permalink)
      That just happens to coincide with my upcoming trip to Nashville. Yes, please post the details and we will almost definitely fit this into our plans!

mlinkinhoker

• Roadfood Insider
        RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 08/30/07 9:40 PM (permalink)
        I will post more details as I get them. Will try to call her tomorrow to get some more of the details so I can post this weekend. We'll have to all get together somewhere for dinner one night if some of you come up (down or over) for it.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
          RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 08/30/07 9:48 PM (permalink)
          Great idea! Perhaps we can even get the ever elusive pogophiles to join us!?

mlinkinhoker

• Roadfood Insider
            RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Fri, 08/31/07 9:01 PM (permalink)
            Haven't heard of it. Where is it located and what kind of food?

Nevermind - just found the newspaper review - that is right up the road from me. Wish I had read this before going out to supper tonight. But I am not sure DH would like it so I'll have to try it on my own I guess. Might get DD to go with me when her dad is out of town Thursday night but I don't want to wait that long now. May hit it for lunch tomorrow since DH will be at the sportsbar watching his beloved Ohio State game.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Tue, 09/4/07 6:42 PM (permalink)
              Depending on which night you plan the get together, my cousin and I would be very interested in meeting up with others in Nashville. Just let us know what works for everyone.

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Tue, 09/4/07 6:49 PM (permalink)
                buffetbuster, what's your itinerary? I'm working on a couple of ideas for you and your cousin.

Sundancer7

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Tue, 09/4/07 7:31 PM (permalink)
                  Sounding pretty good to me expecially when I read that Fred Sauceman would be there. Nashville has some of my favorite food places especially hot fish and hot chicken.

Paul E. Smith
                  knoxville, TN

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6225
                    RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Tue, 09/4/07 8:16 PM (permalink)
                    You folks down there are SOOOOOO lucky to attend these festivals. I wish I could go! But NO, I'm stuck up here in the frozen tundra! Everybody enjoy.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 09/5/07 3:15 PM (permalink)
                      PovertyPete-
                      My cousin and I land around 7:00PM Friday, Oct. 12th. We don't have any specific plans that night, although a return to Prince's Hot Chicken occurred to me. Saturday is breakfast at Pancake Pantry and then I was thinking of going to the book festival. We do have reservations at Miss Mary Bobo's in Lynchburg for 3:00 that afternoon. Any chance you could join us? We are then headed for Chattanooga and Atlanta.

We will be back in Nashville on Saturday, October 20th and fly out the next morning.

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 09/5/07 8:54 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by buffetbuster

PovertyPete-
                        My cousin and I land around 7:00PM Friday, Oct. 12th. We don't have any specific plans that night, although a return to Prince's Hot Chicken occurred to me. Saturday is breakfast at Pancake Pantry and then I was thinking of going to the book festival. We do have reservations at Miss Mary Bobo's in Lynchburg for 3:00 that afternoon. Any chance you could join us? We are then headed for Chattanooga and Atlanta.

We will be back in Nashville on Saturday, October 20th and fly out the next morning.

If you reserved an extra seat, I'll be happy to join you in Lynchburg for dinner. If not, one of us will need to call in advance. It's hard to get a seat by just showing up.
                        The two places I've been thinking of don't fit into your time frame, but given a little time, I think I can come up with something interesting Friday night.
                        On Saturday the 20th, I expect to be riding through the Great Smoky Mountains.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 09/5/07 10:16 PM (permalink)
                          Poverty Pete-
                          I just called and made the reservations this morning for Miss Mary Bobo's, so I know they have openings for when we are eating there. I will be more than happy to call back and add one more. Just let me know.

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 09/5/07 10:20 PM (permalink)
                            KNOW!

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Wed, 09/5/07 10:35 PM (permalink)
                              Poverty Pete-
                              Great! I will call in the morning and add you to our reservation. Can I assume you have been there before?

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 09/6/07 1:47 AM (permalink)
                                You may assume that, sir. Bring your table manners, as well as your cousin.

lostnthemail

• Total Posts: 427
                                  RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 09/6/07 7:17 AM (permalink)
                                  Melissa,

Tell Les Kerr the Louisville gang said hello. He's "rooted" here.

bargirl

• Total Posts: 2
                                    RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 09/6/07 8:54 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by mlinkinhoker

Southern Festival of Books
                                    War Memorial Plaza
                                    Nashville, TN
                                    Friday, October 12th - Sunday, October 14th
                                    Free!!!
                                    http://tn-humanities.org/festival/index.php

Plenty of food related things. John T. Edge and Fred Sauceman as well as Les Kerr. I am going to be volunteering with the Festival and they contacted me today saying they were going to have a food stage this year and wondering if I would help coordinate the volunteers for that. Will post more as I know more details. This is a great festival with over 200 authors speaking and signing. Events for the whole family.

mlinkinhoker

• Roadfood Insider
                                      RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Thu, 09/6/07 10:23 PM (permalink)
                                      lostinthemail - knew that would probably ring a bell with you - Les and I worked on the Mississippi Reading and Writing fundraiser many years ago and had a ball of fun. He's a hoot. Not just a good songwriter, singer and entertainer but he's done some great photograph books as well as the stories and the Truckstop Cookbook.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Fri, 09/7/07 8:44 AM (permalink)
                                        Poverty Pete-
                                        Called yesterday and had no problem adding you to our reservation at Miss Mary Bobo's. As for the table manners, I have been known to wipe my mouth off on sleeves....and not always my own!

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Fri, 09/7/07 8:08 PM (permalink)
                                          I appreciate the warning! If I'm not wearing long sleeves, will you leave my arm alone? If the answer is no, I'm wearing long sleeves, and sitting across the table.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Mon, 09/10/07 11:29 AM (permalink)
                                            Poverty Pete-
                                            I will try very hard to be on my best behavior. But if someone gets between me and the last fried chicken leg......

Poverty Pete

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Mon, 09/10/07 6:51 PM (permalink)
                                              Now I KNOW you've never been to Bobo's. There's no such thing as a last piece of chicken.

buffetbuster

RE: Southern Fest Bks - 10/12-14 in Nashville Mon, 09/10/07 7:26 PM (permalink)
                                                Poverty Pete-
                                                Now that is what I want to hear. Sounds like my kind of place!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                  • No New Messages
                                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                  • Read Message
                                                  • Post New Thread
                                                  • Reply to message
                                                  • Post New Poll
                                                  • Submit Vote
                                                  • Post reward post
                                                  • Delete my own posts
                                                  • Delete my own threads
                                                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com