Southern Nevada

Author
Richardv88
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2011/06/22 15:15:16 (permalink)

Southern Nevada

Southern NevadaI think it is incredible that there is next to nothing posted for Southern Nevada, other than three very minor (and two of them definitely substandard) restaurants.  Southern Nevada is famous for having the most 4-5 star restaurants per capita of any city in the Western Hemisphere.  I've read the book and only found two Nevada restaurants and both of them are in NORTHERN Nevada!!    While Wolfgang Puck, Emeril, Julia Child's, etc are found all over the LV Strip (as are 23 5-star restaurants), you are really missing out on the "off-the-beaten-path" restaurants in the rest of Southern Nevada.  I would note Ventano's in Henderson (awesome shrimp-on-a-stone!), Dona Maria's (incredible burritos), Lurie's (steak), Naga (Thai..and nothing over $17...including crab!), Famous Dave's (ok...they're everywhere), Diamond Star (Chinese), and how could you leave out some of the buffets, particularly Green Valley Station with all-you-can-eat King Crab legs (Hot or cold) for $12.95 ??????

You need to assign one of your representatives to spend a few weeks here researching food and the great deals available.  Really...where else in the US can you find 32 oz. Prime Porterhouse for $12.99 or an 1 lb. hot dog (not so great, really) or an 8 lb cheesburger (really awesome)??  And, except for the hot dog, those aren't even on the LV Strip!  We even have Chinese buffets with all-you-can-eat lobster for $12.95!!

I've lived here since 1954 and can tell you that restaurants are SO competative that if you don't provide great food and a super price...you simply don't stay in buisness very long.  I've traveled throughout the country (by car) for years and while it is frequently difficult in may cities to find a GOOD place to eat, it is even MORE difficult in Southern Nevada to find a BAD place to eat.  And we don't even want to talk about the buffets....

2 Replies Related Threads

eruby
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 640
    Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2011/06/22 15:25:43 (permalink)
    Richardv88 .... where else in the US can you find 32 oz. Prime Porterhouse for $12.99 or an 1 lb. hot dog...
    Welcome to Roadfood Richardv88.

I think this thread is for bugs and issues of technical natute, but since you bring it up, where is this 32 oz Porterhouse for $12.99?  I presume the hot dog is at Slots-of-Fun, which wasn't bad, especially since we had a coupon and got 2 for .99.

Thanks!

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10101
    Re:Post your bugs and issues here... 2011/06/23 00:46:15 (permalink)
    Richardv88.
    Welcome, but you misinterpreted the intention of this forum & Link. It's for listing technical problems you're having with the site, not venting your displeasure with other postings. Maybe a moderator can move your comments to the appropriate forum
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1