The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Spanish Restaurants Chicago

Fred Ferris

• Total Posts: 153
Spanish Restaurants Chicago Tue, 02/1/05 1:57 PM (permalink)
After having lived in northern New Jersey for 18 months, we became very fond of the Spanish/Portuguese restaurants in Newark and throughout the region. While we have countless tapas-style Spanish places here in Chicago, we have yet to find anything close to the awesome, down and dirty, gut-busting joints that are all over "Joisy". East coasters know what I'm talking about....places that serves unbelieveably humongous steaks and chops, piles and piles of garlic shrimp and a truck load of Spanish sausage. The true antithesis of delicate tapas. It's not something you should eat that often for obvious reasons but, jeez, there's nothing quite so satisfying.
Apparently, there is one such place in Columbus, OH run by a Jersey expat couple, but can't locate anything similar here in the Chicago area. Can anyone help?

cbolado

• Total Posts: 68
    RE: Spanish Restaurants Chicago Tue, 02/15/05 10:22 AM (permalink)
    I always went to Café Iberico (LaSalle and Chicago) for a Spanish food fix; the tapas were good and filling, and the paellas were big. I just moved to North Jersey recently though, and I know what you mean. I don’t think you’re going to find anything like Newark’s Ironbound in Chicago. If you want to do the all-meat churrascaria type thing, there’s the Brazilian Fogo de Chao downtown.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
      RE: Spanish Restaurants Chicago Tue, 02/15/05 1:33 PM (permalink)
      South American is about your best bet, besides Fogo de Chao there is Sal e Carvo, same concept and I think both have several locations in the Chicao area. I like Tango on Jackson Street in Naperville, their theme is Argentine steakhouse (not all you can eat) but they have Argentine style tapas and seafood as well. In Naperville also is Meson Sabika which again is tapas based but has a decent menu besides tapas.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com