Is the Sunday gathering at Burt's still going to happen?
Well, my plans have changed yet again--I will not
be working at Burt's on Sunday! So if anybody wants to make a second trip down (or up, as the case may be), I will be happy to lead the charge for dinner at Burt's. We can decide at the end of the day on Saturday.
Point of order number two--our Saturday headcount. So far, this is the (edited-again! 4/17, 2:05pm)
list I've compiled:
JRPfeff & Bobbi-2 (I musta got under Jim's skin with all the tile guy teasing)
MilwFoodlovers-1 (maybe 2 if Beth decides to jump in the car at the last minute)
irisarbor-2 (with a possibility of 1-2 more)
Brad Olson-2 for the early part of the day
That gives us
16 for sure with the possibility of an additional 2-3 more. In addition, ChuckL may join us later in the tour, depending on what time he wraps up work. Also, we have the possibility of three surprise guests joining us along the way. Don't ask, I won't tell. I don't want to spoil the surprise if it happens, and I don't want to unnecessarily raise expectations if it doesn't.
As for the weather, it just keeps getting better. If the trend continues through Saturday, we could be eating our Jibarito sandwiches overlooking the lagoon in Humboldt Park. Trust me, that's a nice view.
I will issue the final schedule tomorrow, with approximate times for anyone who might be joining us in progress. I'll also include directions to our first stop, Hot Doug's. As I've indicated in earlier posts, we'll have an opportunity to condense the number of cars we're driving, so if anyone has a minivan or comparable vehicle that they are willing to drive, that could make life easier. We'll have a secured lot near Hot Doug's where we can leave any unnecessary cars before venturing out for the rest of the day.
<message edited by BuddyRoadhouse on Fri, 04/17/09 8:40 PM>