The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Springfield, Cozy Dog mentioned in National Geographic magazine

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
Springfield, Cozy Dog mentioned in National Geographic magazine Sat, 04/4/09 9:00 AM (permalink)
Springfield, Cozy Dog mentioned in National Geographic magazine

National Geographic’s Traveler magazine highlighted Springfield in its March issue, which devoted its pages to “urban places that captivate us.”

While the issue focused on larger cities, Springfield was the subject of a half-page article that mentions everything from the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum to the Cozy Dog Drive In. It also features some of the smaller downtown shops and galleries, Lincoln’s New Salem State Historic Site, the Inn at 835 and the Lincoln Home National Historic Site.

“Springfield, Illinois, is in full glory, celebrating the bicentennial of Lincoln’s birth,” writer Sascha Zuger observed.

Special attention, in the form of a photo and caption, is given to the Cozy Dog.

“Hand-dipped, deep-fried, and delish, Cozy Dog Drive In dogs are pure sense-of-place,” Zuger wrote.

http://www.sj-r.com/business/x1931059239/Lincoln-bicentennial-serves-as-Springfield-s-stimulus-plan

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4076
    Re:Springfield, Cozy Dog mentioned in National Geographic magazine Sat, 04/4/09 1:52 PM (permalink)
    The thing that amazes me, Jack, is knowing how hard you work; how many hours you put in, when the heck do find the time to dig up all this stuff?

Buddy

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Springfield, Cozy Dog mentioned in National Geographic magazine Sun, 04/5/09 6:16 PM (permalink)
      That was in our local newspaper. But otherwise I can't stop (after all the years of radio) reading every news source on line that I can find. Old habits die hard, or maybe never die. And I don't require a lot of sleep.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com