Squig's BBQ - North Alabama

Author
tracyre2
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2004/10/31 19:39:09 (permalink)

Squig's BBQ - North Alabama

If you visit north Alabama, the place to go for GREAT BBQ is Squig's BBQ & Grill on Hwy 227 in Guntersville.

The pork is smoked slowly, and so tender it melts in your mouth. The sides are homemade daily, and the homemade desserts make you want to stay there forever!!!!

If you stop by, tell them Tracy said HELLO!

4 Replies Related Threads

carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Squig's BBQ - North Alabama 2004/10/31 20:40:24 (permalink)
    Tracy, welcome to Roadfood and thanks for your post regarding Guntersville. I get to N AL every so often and was in Guntersvile about a month ago. Will look for Squig's next time.

carl reitz
    Atlanta_Tider
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: Squig's BBQ - North Alabama 2004/11/02 22:08:22 (permalink)
    Is this going towards the state park?? I keep a boat in Guntersville, awesome quiet town! I will check out this new BBQ place, not much else to choose from besides Clarences or that other dive behind the bank in town...As far as home cooked food, Bruces buffet on 431 north is great!
    tracyre2
    Junior Burger
    RE: Squig's BBQ - North Alabama 2004/11/02 22:23:27 (permalink)
    Yes, it's just before you cross the last bridge before heading up the mountain to the state park. (hope that makes sense).

Can't wait til my next trip over there!
    tracyre2
    Junior Burger
    RE: Squig's BBQ - North Alabama 2005/02/20 21:54:35 (permalink)
    Just returned from a trip to AL and went to Squig's BBQ & Grill again. Learned a little about his operation. The owner slow smokes all kinds of meats and serves daily lunch specials. The two days we were there they had brisket, pork chops, salmon, ribs, pork tenderloin.

We sampled the brisket, pork chops and ribs - the brisket was melt-in-your-mouth tender; the pork chops were about a pound a piece! They looked like steaks instead of chops. The ribs fell off the bone they were so tender and moist. The flavor of all the meat was outstanding.

To go with meats, every day the restaurant has different homemade sides. The days we were there they had green beans, hashbrown casserole, potato salad, brunswick stew, slaw, mac & cheese, salad. They also have homemade Mexican cornbread.

Desserts vary daily too, as they are homemade also.

Only had one complaint - the cook wouldn't come home with us!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1