Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
mollydingle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 221
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 10:58:29 (permalink)
WELL! Hubby and I will be visiting Baltimore in September. We were planning to visit G&M anyhow, this just adds a thrill of excitement to the adventure. "Crabcakes to die for" indeed.
Damn, they look good!
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1560
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 11:27:18 (permalink)
quote:

There are numerous uses for a small knife on your person.

Yep. Like stabbing people.
Jennie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 389
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 14:25:11 (permalink)
Or opening boxes. And I can't stand all those diabolical twisty little wires they package kids' toys in these days. A good sharp knife usually takes care of that. You either need that or a pair of wire cutters. And who thinks to bring wire cutters to a kid's birthday party?

I have, of course, never met the guy who did the stabbing, but from his comments it didn't seem like he felt the primary function of his particular knife was for opening boxes.

On the other hand . . . while it's not downtown Baltimore City, it's northern Anne Arundel. The . . . central and southern portions of the county are more affluent, while the northern portion is fringe city. I can see the difference in knife-usage philosophy changing when you cross that demographic line.
quote:
Originally posted by mollydingle

WELL! Hubby and I will be visiting Baltimore in September. We were planning to visit G&M anyhow, this just adds a thrill of excitement to the adventure. "Crabcakes to die for" indeed.
Damn, they look good!

Oh, they are.
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 21:57:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by saps

quote:

only when necessary.
only when necessary.

in other news, over 100 people died today on America's highways. Over half of the deaths involved alcohol.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18360
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 22:19:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by wanderingjew

quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Oneiron339

quote:

quote:

IProfanity may not be the most mature way to deal with things- but it's not against the law

Actually, there are many laws preventing certain uses of profanities and other language, expecially when used in conjunction with physical force, like pushing.

This is Baltimore, what's your point?

my point is that you can't just start using profanities and then say the other person "assaulted" you.
and it's not Baltimore, it's Linthicum Heights, which is in Anne Arundel County.

yes and no.

Telling someone what they can do with themselves or calling them a "blankety blank blank" does not warrant any type of physical assault- that would be completely inexcusable however if someone says they are going to do blank-blank-blank to you and then lunges after you, well- use your best judgement wisely

they don't just have to lung at you, they can display apparent threatening body language. It's a bit knee-jerk to say that the person who did the stabbing was clearly "out of his mind" or "wrong," since he may have actually been defending himself, as the jurors can't seem to find him guilty.

There are so many factors that have to be taken into consideration.
Many of which I don't want to get into,however if you recall even OJ got off despite the obvious surmountable evidence against him. Personally I would question why this guy was carrying around a knife to begin with- I certainly don't and off hand I can't think of any friends or family that go around carrying knives. It seems like the profanity vs self defense card is almost as horrendous as the rape/sexual assault "she was asking for it card" thankfully now most juries won't buy that, however back in the day, many did.

I have never spent a day since I was 8 years old without a knife in my pocket. I don't believe I've ever known a male, and damned few females, who didn't carry knives.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/06 22:21:20 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

A knife is a tool. That's all it is. You don't like tools? I'm not surprised.
saps
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/07 00:03:56 (permalink)
Interesting, Michael. I didn't say I didn't like knives. And even if I did, it wouldn't mean that I dislike all tools.

That would be akin to saying that if someone doesn't like one type of car, then that person dislikes all cars. Most anyone can see the fault in logic.

And for a guy who cries when people allegedly "attack" him, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish here.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/07 00:49:11 (permalink)
quote:

Interesting, Michael. I didn't say I didn't like knives. And even if I did, it wouldn't mean that I dislike all tools.

That would be akin to saying that if someone doesn't like one type of car, then that person dislikes all cars. Most anyone can see the fault in logic.

And for a guy who cries when people allegedly "attack" him, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

Hey sap, I've never cried about something other than a death in my family, so I have no idea what you blathering about this time. But it's nice to see that you are still capable of blathering.
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/07 09:56:49 (permalink)
quote:

c'mon saps!
while, I took your statement as a dry joke, it does infer to a degree that you do think that knives are for stabbing people. Which is laughable. That would be like saying that a baseball bat is for clubbing seals. It happens, sure, and regretably, but it's not the main use.

saps
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/07 21:42:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

Hey sap, I've never cried about something other than a death in my family, so I have no idea what you blathering about this time. But it's nice to see that you are still capable of blathering.

Coming from the master of blather, I'll take that as a compliment.

Jennie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 389
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 10:28:54 (permalink)
Would you two mind not bickering on my thread? That'd be great, thanks.
saps
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 11:01:16 (permalink)
OK-

By the way, if anyone wants to stab me, I'll be at G & M sometime during March 30 or 31.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7749
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 11:07:11 (permalink)
quote:

OK-

By the way, if anyone wants to stab me, I'll be at G & M sometime during March 30 or 31.

Just say oh "&%$#" to someone and I'm sure they probably will- of course they're entitled to- you asked for it because you used profanity- " />
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10205
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 11:20:23 (permalink)
I will be eating at G & M next Friday night (16th). Should I wear my Kevlar vest?
saps
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 11:35:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by buffetbuster

I will be eating at G & M next Friday night (16th). Should I wear my Kevlar vest?

You can actually request a crabshell vest at the front door.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15221
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 11:54:36 (permalink)
Setting aside the Hollywood Gangster movie ambience, and the roar of the crowd as they cheer the Gladiator of their choosing, G & M Still puts out one hell of a crabcake...if you can get to the front of the line intact!

Please pardon my mixed metaphors again!! I picture the line at the Take-out Register to appear like the final scene in Millennium (The Movie) when the survivors lined up and marched into the blazing light to a 'Brave New World'! Yep, There's Cheryl Ladd and Kris Kristofferson with K-bars in their hands, prodding the crowd towards the register, as the whole place blew up and burned. Seems like a lot of effort to get a Crabcake, but they ARE great Crabcakes
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5116
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/08 13:28:22 (permalink)
quote:
I have never spent a day since I was 8 years old without a knife in my pocket. I don't believe I've ever known a male, and damned few females, who didn't carry knives.

I got out of the habit due to a lot of post 9/11 airline travel. I always try to just use carry-on luggage, and therefore couldn't carry a knife in my bag or pocket.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/19 15:55:22 (permalink)
I was supposed to fly from Pittsburgh to BWI this past Friday. My cousin was going to pick me up at the airport and we were headed straight to G & M for some of their great crabcakes. Unfortunately, with the terrible weather around the Northeast, my flight got cancelled and I never made it to Baltimore for the weekend. Now I am really jonesing for those crabcakes.

signman
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/19 15:58:46 (permalink)
Let me know when your rescheduled visit is. I'd enjoy joining you.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/19 16:01:48 (permalink)
signman-
Hey, that would be great! With Southwest flying to BWI for $39.00 and me having a free place to stay nearby (my mother grew up in Glen Burnie and all my family now lives in Severna Park), it shouldn't be too long. I will definitely let you know.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/19 16:40:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:

I got out of the habit due to a lot of post 9/11 airline travel. I always try to just use carry-on luggage, and therefore couldn't carry a knife in my bag or pocket.

I stopped flying because of the no-knife rules.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5416
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/19 23:22:57 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by buffetbuster

signman-
Hey, that would be great! With Southwest flying to BWI for $39.00 and me having a free place to stay nearby (my mother grew up in Glen Burnie and all my family now lives in Severna Park), it shouldn't be too long. I will definitely let you know.

Does that mean you'll be joining us for Crabfest 2007 later this summer?

If you'll drop me an e-mail when you come down I'd like to join in as well. I always like a good excuse to go there.

MikeS.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15221
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/20 09:44:33 (permalink)

Hoffman,
Don't try to fool us, You stopped flying when they enclosed the passenger(s) INSIDE the body of the Plane! (and took away the top wing!)
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/20 11:08:27 (permalink)
No, Al. I continued flying in enclosed commercial aircraft for many years, although I did hate to have to stop flying from Keller Field, Port Clinton to to South Bass Island aboard Island Airlines' Ford 4-A-TB Trimotor (N7584) around 1980.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 08:52:22 (permalink)
Mike S.-
I am absolutely interested in attending Crabfest'07. Just let me know when. And if I go to G & M before then, I will definitely let you know.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6382
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 09:51:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

quote:

I travel quite a bit too, and with my job I am in and out of the courthouse 4-6 times a day, and a pocket knife is NOT allowed there either.

I had carried a knife my grandfather gave me for 25+ years until then.

Back to the crab cakes

In crabfest 07 are we just going to focus on crabcakes or are we going to do some hammering?

MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5416
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 13:49:20 (permalink)
"In crabfest 07 are we just going to focus on crabcakes or are we going to do some hammering?"

Libations are at your discretion. It is usually at lunch time and since I drive 200 miles r/t I limit myself to 1. If that.

Now at the April get together in Nashville I won't be the designated driver...

MikeS.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 13:55:46 (permalink)
Mike S.-
I assume that CajunKing was referring to steamed crabs served by the pound or dozen and you need a hammer to get to the meat. Of course, I could be completely wrong about that.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6382
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 15:05:40 (permalink)
BB - You are so right, crab cakes are good, but hammerin some crabs is FUN!!! and good food too.

MikeS - So good to know you don't imbibe and drive, but I was refering to etting some steamed crabs.

Can't you see us with plastic aprons on and crab bits flying everywhere!
BakersBoy
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 302
RE: Stabbing at G&M Crabcakes, Baltimore 2007/03/22 18:42:32 (permalink)
Too all,

I do not think that you will find steamed crabs at the G&M. This is a full service restaurant that caters to seafood and pasta as much as crab cakes. Do not get me wrong but this is not a "down and dirty" reastaurant. Actually their flounder is really good as well. They do have the best crab cakes in the area.

If you want to break open some shells I would suggest Bo Brooks, Obricky's, even Gunnings. I would (and I know this is heresay) stay away from Cantler's. I do not know why but they have gone down hill.

For an overview check here:

www.bluecrab.info/crabhouses.htm.

I will see you all at Crabstock.

BB(Kevin)

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1