The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors

Beverly K

• Total Posts: 81
Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Sat, 05/23/09 11:15 AM (permalink)
RIP Starbucks original ice cream flavors, especially the MUD PIE.

Loved it wth Dove Dark Chocolate Topping.

Starbucks shifted their ice cream line from Dreyer's to Unilever, and now the flavors are all different.

Does anyone know of a comparable flavor by another ice cream maker?

1Cosmo1

• Total Posts: 13
    Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Sat, 05/23/09 7:36 PM (permalink)
    Starbucks is the absolute last place I would ever go for ice cream! I'll go to DQ before I subject myself to the most overpriced, overrated, full-of-itself coffee shop in the world. And I don't give a crap if you can draw on the top of my cup of coffee!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
      Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Sat, 05/23/09 7:45 PM (permalink)
      In the 70s, 31 flavors had( and still has) a wonderful mocha with almonds.

Baah Ben

• Total Posts: 3026
        Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Sat, 05/23/09 8:08 PM (permalink)
        Their coffee ice cream in the supermarket is very good and pretty reasonable.  I like it with wet walnuts, hot fudge and legitimate whipped cream.  

Beverly K

Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Sat, 05/23/09 10:01 PM (permalink)
          Goodness, gracious...don't get so hyper. This ice cream was not available at Starbucks, but at the grocery store.

And the price was reasonable, no worse than Dove or Godiva Ice Creams.
          I can't drink their coffee, much too strong, but their ice cream line was wonderful. Rather like espresso thinned with cream.

All I need is espresso ice cream with oreos, fudge and whatever else mashed into it.

Beverly K

Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Mon, 05/25/09 3:12 PM (permalink)
            I am so pleased. Was strolling through the ice cream aisle, and the words MUD PIE caught my eye. It was EDY's ice cream.

I forgot that Dreyer's does not sell their ice cream under that name in this part of the country, but under Edy's Grand and Edy's Slow Churn.

I was right. It is coffee ice cream with chocolate sandwich cookies and fudge swirl! Now all I need is some dark chocolate topping and I will be set!

QuikFixMeEats

• Total Posts: 8
              Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Mon, 06/1/09 4:16 PM (permalink)
              Starbucks ice cream isn't bad.  I like the ice cream more than the coffee.  Never had the Mud Pie flavor but would have loved to try it.  I like the Starbucks Caramel Macchiato flavor.

Foodosaurus

Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Mon, 06/1/09 5:24 PM (permalink)

Edy's Espresso Chip Ice Cream is very good.  I'd give that a try.  And you can usually find it on sale somewhere.

derickR

• Total Posts: 1
                  Re:Starbucks Original Ice Cream Flavors Wed, 10/5/11 6:57 AM (permalink)
                  Starbucks products are really awesome. Starbucks is a great company that serves the populace with its ever famous coffee but that's not the soul reason why Starbucks is successful. It's also because of its effective and efficient management that really considers its customers. Less than two months ago, the Starbucks CEO Schultz decided to give up all political efforts. And now, . Smaller businesses will be getting a financing boost from the Starbucks Foundation, starting with a $5 million deposit and $5 contributions from consumers. This is definitely a great news for small business owners because such would be a great help for them to succeed with their business careers.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com