Starting a new truck in New York City

Author
egrasso8
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/07/05 15:25:03 (permalink)

Starting a new truck in New York City

Hi everyone,  I am not sure if this is the right area to post but need some help. I am in the process of opening a food truck for the New York City area.  My business partner and I already have the truck, equipment, etc. needed all lined up, and only would need a valid permit to operate.  We have already filed an application with the city of New York for a Mobile Food Vendor Permit.  After researching the topic it appears as if it takes years to obtain one from the city, if you ever get one at all.  But it is possible to purchase a permit, or lease a permit from someone who has one.  I am not 100% sure how this works or where to find one, so any help from any body who knows would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
post edited by egrasso8 - 2011/07/05 15:54:07

1 Reply Related Threads

Pigiron
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1384
    Re:Starting a new truck in New York City 2011/07/05 15:57:07 (permalink)
    I'm sure you already know about this, but in case you do not: this is a TERRIBLE time to start a new food truck in Manhattan.  There has been an explosion of high-end trucks.  What was once a great new trend has become a real contentious issue.  Brick and mortar store owners are fighting back; building owners are complaining about the crowds; and the police have begun a serious crackdown.  Read more here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/29/dining/food-trucks-shooed-from-midtown.html?_r=1

and full coverage here:

www.midtownlunch.com

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1