Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice!

Author
niko1227
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/06/20 16:05:13 (permalink)

Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice!

I currently live in the city of Miami in Doral I just got my cart it's an all american hotdogger it has two grills and three burners my menu will consist selling a ny hot dog a chicago hot dog and chilli cheese dogs now when i usually go to a hot dog stand in Miami it's usually gross most ppl think selling a ballpark hot dog on that cheap bread with no variety for condiments is ok but I disagree. If your going to have a hot dog stand make it right put some effort to it, be there cuz you want to be there your goal is to get those customers to return! anyway I got everything I need but my issue is where can I sell hot dogs? is there a site that shows what areas are prohibited and allowed? Can I have a cart in the city of doral? how about west Miami? I got approval for some plazas that run businesses can I just set up with a letter that is also notarized? I went to downtown for advice but these people cannot give me straight forward answers I just don't want to set up somewhere and then get finned cuz I am not allowed to sell at certain areas!! Can someone help me out here? it would be appreated big time!!

5 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10356
    Re:Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice! 2012/06/20 18:57:33 (permalink)
    First, you need an inspection and a permit from the Health Dept before you can sell the first Dog!
    Suggest reading ALL the posts on here related to Hot Dogs before you do anything else
    post edited by Foodbme - 2012/07/16 19:55:58
    niko1227
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice! 2012/06/20 19:10:43 (permalink)
    My cart is inspected and I have my permit from the health dept. I even got my tax documents I'm all set ready to go I just need some advice on where to sell and do it correctly. Yes i've been glancing through the old posts but I haven't found a resolution to my issue yet!!
    hotdog lady
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice! 2012/07/16 18:56:15 (permalink)
    Home Depot will let you set up in front for there store. You need a contract with StreetEats. Other than that talk to store owner, Let them know what a great service you will be to there customers. Also apply for sidewalk permit. Always keep your eyes open when driving around, I never go any where with out thinking about the next great location.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10356
    Re:Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice! 2012/07/16 19:58:53 (permalink)
    I din't think there's any sites that will give you the info you're looking for. Just do some legwork and try out some locations.
    hotdog lady
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Starting the hot dog biz in Miami, Florida, I need advice! 2012/07/17 17:35:29 (permalink)
    Look for shopping malls that do not have food. Talk to the store owners and get them on your side, then talk to the property owner and convence the owner what a great service you will be for the store's customers. Up sell the idea that your cart will be more customers to the stores in the mall. Point out how your bright colors will attract cars passing by. Thats alway good for a few months free rent. When you meet with the property owner: Dress in your work uniform,have picyures of your cart, have a copy of all licenses, and most important a copy of your liability insurance. This will make you look professional!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1