Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza

Author
Buffalo Tarheel
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 503
2009/07/11 20:45:39 (permalink)

Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza

Buffalo pizza tends to be in the middle in terms of thickness: not deep dish as the pizza from Chicago nor thin like the offerings from New Haven or NYC.  If your search is for thin pizza, you may have trouble finding many choices.

One place with decent thin crust pizza is Stevie V's in Lockport.  It is not super thin like the pizza I have had in New Haven, but it is very good.  Here is a picture of the entire pizza, with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.  The cheese is proportioned well and does not overwhelm the crust.

The flavor is very good, and the crust is pretty crispy, although you won't find many charred edges:

Monday nights they have a special where you pay the price based on the time you call in (from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM): for example, calling at 5:05 gets you a large pizza for $5.05.

Anyone staying over from the September RF tour or coming in early would do well to give this place a try.  No; it won't replicate what you find in New Haven, but it helps to hold me over until the next trip to Connecticut.  The staff is unfailing friendly and always make you feel welcome.

The contact information is below:

Stevie V's Pizzeria
6318 Robinson Rd
Lockport, NY 14094
(716) 438-0645

7 Replies Related Threads

MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/11 20:56:35 (permalink)
    Yumm!
    carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/11 22:56:20 (permalink)
    Rob, that pizza looks really great. My preference is usually sausage, but I do like a good pepperoni pizza occasionally. I'm going to be arriving in Buffalo the night before the RF bus tour; any chance that we could get together that evening and split one of those beauties?   
    Buffalo Tarheel
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/12 06:57:58 (permalink)
    MiamiDon and Nocarolina,

Thanks for your kind words about the pizza.  They are pretty good tasting.

Bob,

I would be glad to have one of those pizzas with you (and anyone else who'd like to join us) on the Friday before the RF bus tour.  I am pretty sure that Stevie V's has sausage as well.  I'll check with you later on the details for September.
    carolina bob
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3420
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/12 08:16:12 (permalink)
    I'm looking forward to getting together for pizza, Rob, but sausage availibility is no problem; pepperoni works just fine for me. Anyone else arriving in Buffalo on Friday evening? The more, the merrier... 
    TnTinCT
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 481
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/12 08:19:43 (permalink)
    We're still working out details - looks like I have to be in Portland, OR that week so not sure yet when I'll be home. We're planning on driving out from CT on Friday. (Rob, we might try to hit Frank and Burgy's and see if we can catch it open! ;-) Hoping to have details on the Portland trip in the next couple of weeks.
    Buffalo Tarheel
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/12 08:45:04 (permalink)
    Bob,

I like both kinds of pizza, but I am the only one in the family who likes sausage pizza.  I'm sure we can get something good that evening, maybe one with some sausage and some pepperoni.  The more folks who are around, the more choices we'll have in pizza.  I posted a note in the Meet and Greets section asking if people are arriving early for the RF tour, so I'll keep watching to see who is coming early (more details as the date gets closer, I imagine).

Terri,

I look forward to seeing you and Tim again.  I hope that you're able to stop at Frank and Burgy's.  I haven't been back to CT since the time we had the large group go to Pepe's, and my return trip was too early in the day to stop at Frank and Burgy's on the way home.  I think I'll be back that way in the fall.  Amazing how time flies by.  It was spring when I was in CT last, and now I am thinking of the fall.
    sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:Stevie V's pizza - Lockport, NY - thin pizza 2009/07/18 09:34:21 (permalink)
    that looks damn good.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1