Stop and Go Hamburgers

Author
halfday
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
2005/01/05 14:39:22 (permalink)

Stop and Go Hamburgers

Does anybody remember Stop and Go Hamburgers? I am not sure if it was a chain or not. It was one of the first fast food restaurants in our area. It opened up back in the mid sixties and had 15 cent burgers and 10 cent fries. I don't really remember if it was any good however I do remember eating there a lot.

The sign was made up of two steel beams forming an "A" with a round sign that said STOP and another round sign below it that said GO. Red and green of course. The building had a yellow roof and had indoor seating.

It didn't last too long once the competition moved in down the street a year or so later. You guessed it...Micky D's!

2 Replies Related Threads

pacman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Stop and Go Hamburgers 2005/01/12 22:51:58 (permalink)
    Hey Halfday,

Just saw your post. There is another thread on here about Stop-n-Go. Seems that one of the other members is, I belive, the grandson of their founder. It was a small chain and I belive they are all gone now.

BTW, I live in Northumberland and went to WACC.

Dan

drjekyll
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Stop and Go Hamburgers 2006/08/04 15:54:40 (permalink)
    It was a regional chain in eastern Pa. as far as I know. There was one in Easton, Phillipsburg New Jersey, and one in South Bethlehem. My cousin Barry worked at that one. He told me he was so sick of free hamburgers he used to carry a lunch. I know they were in Northeast Pa. too becasue I used to hear the ads on WARM.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1