The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes?

Cajun man

• Total Posts: 85
Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Thu, 07/2/09 9:15 AM (permalink)
Hey guys - not sure if this whole topic has been covered or not...bur does anyone out there have any experience with Street Eats & obtaining "permission" to set up at a local Home Depot and/or Lowes?  Questions I have are:
a)  Is there a rent charged?  and if so - what has it been for you and does that vary from location to location?  Do you pay it to Street Eats or to the store location you are at?
b)   Must you be there everyday - or can you choose the days you want to set up - is this negotiable? 

I have already spoken to SE and have d/l their application - but I was just wondering before I sent them their $50 non refundable app fee - was there some "quirkiness" I might need to be aware of prior to the negotiations.

That'sMyDawg

• Total Posts: 421
    Re:Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Thu, 07/2/09 10:37 AM (permalink)
    Cajun man

Hey guys - not sure if this whole topic has been covered or not...bur does anyone out there have any experience with Street Eats & obtaining "permission" to set up at a local Home Depot and/or Lowes?  Questions I have are:
    a)  Is there a rent charged?  and if so - what has it been for you and does that vary from location to location?  Do you pay it to Street Eats or to the store location you are at?
    b)   Must you be there everyday - or can you choose the days you want to set up - is this negotiable? 

I have already spoken to SE and have d/l their application - but I was just wondering before I sent them their $50 non refundable app fee - was there some "quirkiness" I might need to be aware of prior to the negotiations.

Yes this has been covered quite a few times here at RF. I will let you look up detailed info but

Yes there is rent charged and it is a hefty rent at that and is based in the Volume of the HD/Lowes. From what I remember is can range from $500 per month to $1000 or more. It does vary by location.

You must be there everyday the store is open and must be there all day, you may do not have a day off, if the store is open you are open.

Besides the quirky employee rules, uniforms, background checks, price guidelines, app fee, waiting list, and lack of control over your own business I have yet to hear how a HD/Lowes is worth the hassle and I am of the opinion that they (HD/Lowes) do not even have to do the Street Eats thing and that they just make it harder than the process has to be for hard working people trying to make a living to see in the parking lot.

Im sure you will find more in your search and i'm sure others will chime in on there thoughts but to me unless you can buy a contract from a vender that wants to leave the location and get in that way I don't think its worth it. Not even sure if you can still get in that was anymore. If these locations are so worth all the hassle why does the trailer/vendor always keep switching every so often? If its such a gold mind then why doesnt the trailers stay there for 5, 10, 15 years? I see a new trailer and company levery year or less at the stores near me. Wonder why that is.

Hope you do well if you make it so I will see a sucess story with Street eats.

hippie jim

• Total Posts: 64
      Re:Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Fri, 07/3/09 7:27 AM (permalink)
      People that go to home improvement stores are usually in a hurry and not looking to eat. They do have an enourmous amount of traffic. The companies involved make their money off the quick turnover of leasing the space when the vendor gives up.

A home depot near me has a trailer thats been there a long time and has a perpetual FOR SALE sign on it, every new person comes in like a ball of fire and soon you see it open less and less with the sign going up again.

The lowes has had 8 or 9 carts at it in the last 2 years with no one there for at least 6 months. In this area you deal directly with the store and I have been told its 1200 to 1500 month rent.

Methais

• Total Posts: 142
        Re:Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Fri, 07/3/09 3:31 PM (permalink)
        Wasn't CSD set up at Lowe's? I remember one of his pics mentioning him being at Lowe's.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
          Re:Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Fri, 07/3/09 5:07 PM (permalink)
          Cajun man

Hey guys - not sure if this whole topic has been covered or not...

The Subject of Lowes & Home Depot has been covered ad infinitum!

That's why there is a SEARCH FUNCTION on here! Try using it, you'll be surprised how much info you will get!

<message edited by Foodbme on Fri, 07/3/09 5:22 PM>

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
            Re:Street Eats & Home Depot & Lowes? Fri, 07/3/09 5:19 PM (permalink)
            ..what is that saying about a fool and his money being soon parted?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com