Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 16:16:58 (permalink)
Copper, I had a similar angry and hasty response which led to self-damage.
I once tried to throw a bottle of bleach in a fit of rage. Not realizing the top was open, when I grabbed the handle and put it back behind me as I wound up to throw it, it dumped out all over my back.
Not good. Bleach clothes, bleached and damaged back skin, and ruined ego. Not to mention the fact that my anger only intensified!

V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 16:22:54 (permalink)
Oh she was fine. Her leg looked like h**l for a while.

Just heard Billy Preston died..."Willy go round in circles"

Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/07 10:02:56 (permalink)

Sunny-D7
" Copper, you are one wild woman and I am sure glad I did not marry you. You could and would say the same about me but you have had the most wild experiences of any person I have ever conversated with over the internet.

Thass cool, Sunny, marriage and me have never rung true anyhoo. You probably got some great stories too, but you gotta rep to uphold being a Mod and all. I'm sure we could be the best of Buds and you could put to shame iffen we ever went out for a cocktail or two.

Joe
" This would make a good book! I will change the names to protect the....hmmmm.... maybe I won't change the names?"

Iffen ya change the names Joe, it would have to be classified as fiction, and we ALL know that Truth is much stranger. I look forward to the recounting of some of your capers......

Dipstick
" Copper, you're posts are a blast to read!!! Like Paul, the Mayor, and others, you're one of the reasons I keep readin'! Thanks!
"

Considering the time and trouble I cause some of the Mods( and have been guilty on many ocassions in the last year of being a total pain in their derriere), I'm not sure they would appreciate their names linked with mine. If you have noticed you will not see any profanities in the posts I have made since my last wrist-slap from Paul (who was right, kids come here) As far as I'm concerned, its a great compliment to be lumped in with them guyz. I personally worship the postings of Michael Hoffman, also. Thanks!

Dipstick
"Thinkly quickly (and wisely so I thought) I whipped out the old beard trimmer and placed it on a setting I was just certain would perfectly remove the unsightly intruders while leaving the natural brow undisturbed. Let's just say it has been an interesting week of comments. At least I was smart enough to stop after one....'"

Just One????
Bwa-hahahahhahahahhahahha

When I was on the JV cheerleading squad we went to camp in North GA along with the Varsity Cheerleaders for two hot grueling weeks of sheer physical torture.
There was this one Sr CL who hated me on sight. She was a beautiful brunette with crystal blue eyes and a gorgeous tan. I was a chop liver Sophmore. She called me "the ugliest cheerleader" and "freckle-face strawberry" (I wore braces AND glasses at the time). It wouldn't have been so bad if everyone hadn't laughed every time she called me that like it was the first time they had heard it. (snarl)
She was also a heavy sleeper. heh heh
So I used her Nair and applied it to one of her dark, perfectly tweezed brows.
She brayed the next morning like her face had been doused with acid and was disfigured for life.
It was a totally idiotic thing to do because I could have blinded the girl, I was never accused, but called Copper from then on by everyone

The funniest part was she shaved the other one, and when they grew out ......they stuck straight out!

Bwa-hahahahahahahahahhhaahah

Uh, heather, if you are reading this I apologize, but the statute of limitations has run out my dear.

Scorereader
" Copper, I had a similar angry and hasty response which led to self-damage.
I once tried to throw a bottle of bleach in a fit of rage

Tsk tsk tsk, SR. Bleach can be quite nasty......I sympathize.
I have personally used it along with one of my art paint brushes to spell out "sissy", "wimpy" and other unmentionables on the rear end of my brothers' favorite jeans.
BUT HECK!!!!, that was after they coerced me into climbing up the ladder onto the roof to retrieve a frisbee and then taking away the ladder. I was left up there until my Mom came home (bout 4-5 hours).

THEY ARE THE REASON I AM SO MEAN! (naw, I take full responsibility)
I even offered to applique' a flower and butterfly to cover up my "bleach art". They refused, some folkes are so darn ungrateful.

V960
Glad Ms. V960 is OK.
Heard the knews about Billy Preston too, seems he had a stroke or something back in Nov. and been in a coma ever since. Cripes, he was only 59. Another legend gone.

Copper

ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 02:34:11 (permalink)
an unfortunate "stupid" accident occured while I was babysitting my 7 year old nephew the other day...
He asked my sister "can I climb this tree?" right as she was leaving to run errands...
She said "yes, but don't let him go up too high, Ellen"...

He's a good climber, and it was a tall tree, so I did'nt think much of it , except that "he's pretty high up there" , but he was doing so good, so I considered it a "routine" situation...

all of a sudden he said "this branch feels loose", so I said "good boy, you can start coming down then"...

and the branch broke, and he fell about 20 feet !!! He broke both his wrists, I felt so awful......my sis helped ease my guilt by saying that she should have taken a better look at the tree first, that it was not a good climbing tree.........the tree was "weak".....

he'll be in 2 casts for 6 weeks.... luckily the ground was muddy from rain, or else it could have been much worst....

do any of you have any other stories to share on these type of "stupid" accidents....?

All I know, is that we will be giving him plenty of extra love and attention....
and I'll keep buying him the Goosebumps DVD's that he loves so much! ("don't go in the basement" is a must see; so creative...

have a good night, and don't let the bedbugs bite!
ellen
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 10:31:37 (permalink)
Ellen,
I'm glad you let him be a kid and climb the tree. I fell out of plenty of trees. I didn't break any bones from it, but lady luck was on my side those times.
Don't feel guilty, it's not like you TOLD him to climb the tree.
The wrists will heal, probably stronger than they were to begin with, and he'll have a good story to tell when he's older "I remember as a kid, climbing this old worn out tree..."

V960
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 10:42:33 (permalink)
I still climb trees and I'm on the down hill side of a half century. My twelve year old and I were about sixty feet up in a huge oak last weekend when my wife pulled into the driveway.

"Hi Mom" she called out. Wifie was not a happy camper for a while.
NebGuy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 875
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 13:03:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by V960

At least I didn't do the max stupid thing for a redneck. "Hold my beer and watch this" Famous last words in the South.

The last words of many Darwin Award Winners
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18659
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 13:35:31 (permalink)
Heck, I still climb trees to get into my stands. I don't climb as well today as I did 60 years ago, but I don't fall out of trees as often as I did back then, either.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 13:38:19 (permalink)
Ok OK, here is one of mine. I am in LV, a bit to many after a hard day of poker, went to sleep, needed to use the restroom, took the wrong door, hmmmm, where are my cloths? I always lean a chair against the front door in hotel rooms now!
Joe
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/08 23:03:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

Ellen,
I'm glad you let him be a kid and climb the tree. I fell out of plenty of trees. I didn't break any bones from it, but lady luck was on my side those times.
Don't feel guilty, it's not like you TOLD him to climb the tree.
The wrists will heal, probably stronger than they were to begin with, and he'll have a good story to tell when he's older "I remember as a kid, climbing this old worn out tree..."

thanks, Scorereader, that's exactly the same supportive response that my boyfriend told me; that he will have a great story to tell, and plus that all the kids at school can sign his casts, and thats castS, plural.. 2 broken wrists
......and Matthew is very personable, so he will make a great story out of it for years to come.

The good news, is that doc said that little Matthew should still be able to use his fingers, which means he can still work a mouse!! (which means a lot to a kid)
He may be only 7, but he loves the internet , too. He goes on "movies.com" and looks at lots of trailers... etc, etc...

And my sis said that we can really live in up in August, when his casts come off......still one good month left of summer.......Jersey shore trips, etc...

He must have been at least 20 feet up in that tree, so I feel better to hear that's nothing compared to some of you being 60 feet up in an oak tree! But at least it was a sturdy oak tree!

----ellen
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/09 10:41:37 (permalink)
I've done my share of stupid things as well. I've always kept horses, and as a child my friend and I thought it would be brilliant and exciting to take turns laying under a jump as the other rode the horse over it. We were definitely Darwin's Harvest candidates.
And, in teenage years, we would fly down twisty country roads and turn the headlights off for excitement. We also had a prank where we would take things from people's yards (bicycles; wagons; etc.) and get their names from their mailbox and then call them and matter-of-factly ask them if they owned whatever it was we took, and then tell them "well we took it and you can go pick it up at the McDonald's" or wherever we left it. They were always incredulous and would say "what what you're kidding!". Such was the "brilliance" of being 16 and having a driver's license and too much time on the hands.

Andrea
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 879
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/09 11:50:33 (permalink)
Being the only girl out of 20 some odd boy cousins I was a holy terror. If they went and told on me they got in trouble for trying to get me in trouble. Pretty much gave me carte blanche to do as I wished and boy I took advantage of that. We had gumball fights, ya know those spiky things off a gumball tree. I was the only one to use a slingshot though I swear some of them had tiny dots on their foreheads for years. If they peed me off I'd sit and pinch myself until I had a bright red spot and I was in tears then went and told papaw that those bad boys were hitting me again. They were not allowed to hit me so that was a perfect trick. No questions asked and papaw would tan their behinds. No, they didn't make me mad often after that.

I was usually the mastermind behind some great adventures, like picking bushels of muscadines to stomp into wine, or stealing the tractor and riding around at midnight, or convincing them that the berm behind the barn was close enough to jump off the roof onto without too much damage to body and limb. If you thought I was mean to those country boys you should have seen me when our city cousins visited lol. All of them are terrified of chickens now due to my showing them what good pets roosters made. I made em sick a time or two by telling them green corn made a good snack. My motto was, if you are so stupid you are gonna believe me, you deserved it lol

As for now a days, there's a reason my mama didn't name me Grace. I'm an air tripper, don't even have to be anything to trip over, my feet are enough trouble. I also fall up the stairs. I now have CRS syndrome as well. CRS Can't Remember S**t!

And don't worry, my mama cursed me with the old saying I hope you have one just like you. Out of 7 kids, 4 of them are! She never forgets to rub it in either.
John A
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4295
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/09 12:19:37 (permalink)
Am I the only one that ever jumped off the garage roof with a homemade parachute, or built a small fire in the tent to keep warm and set the tent on fire?

John
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/09 13:03:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by John A

Am I the only one that ever jumped off the garage roof with a homemade parachute, or built a small fire in the tent to keep warm and set the tent on fire?

John

you might be...but I doubt it.

My brother and I nearly broke our legs skiing off the roof of our house in the winter. Not the Garage roof, where the snow drift was nearly touching...the house roof, many feet above that.
What's even stupider, is that we did it more than once!

My father came home and saw the foot and ski tracks on the roof, and...well, when he came inside, he nearly blew the darn thing off he was so piping mad.

Our driveway never had snow in it again..for the rest of the Winter thanks to the two of us, our stunt(s), and two well used shovels.

Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/09 13:04:14 (permalink)
P.S. I grew up with three older brothers. I could keep this topic runnning for years!
skylar0ne
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 473
RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/11 20:13:27 (permalink)
quote:
Am I the only one that ever jumped off the garage roof with a homemade parachute, or built a small fire in the tent to keep warm and set the tent on fire? John A

I didn't build a small fire in a tent, I did something much, much worse. I was about 9 years old, and I had a new puppy - a little black cocker spaniel. It was a cold winter that year, and one Sunday afternoon I got worried that he was cold. So I put him in a big box, put the box in my dad's toolshed, then lit a candle and put it in the box with him to keep him warm. Then I went off to choir practice. My dad worked 3rd shift at the VA hospital, and he was sleeping. Next thing he knew, the neighbor was pounding on our door, yelling that our toolshed was on fire. The little dog had to be put to sleep. My dad's tools, and the shed were ruined. That was the only time I ever remember my dad tanning my hide, and I deserved it.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1