Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Fieldthistle
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1948
2006/06/01 14:11:59 (permalink)

Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you?

Hello All,
It must not be my day. I've already done
too many stupid things.
1. Made the daughter mad by chastising her
about the amount of time she uses our car.
2. Made the wife mad...cos, it just seems
after 23 years of marriage, my eyesight is
so bad that all I can do is "step in it."
(If you have dogs, you know what I'm stepping in.)
3. The WORSE...I shaved my moustache. I look
like a stranger in the mirror.
I'm pretty stupid. What have you done?
Take Care,
Fieldthistle

45 Replies Related Threads

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/01 15:15:43 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Hello All,
    It must not be my day. I've already done
    too many stupid things.
    1. Made the daughter mad by chastising her
    about the amount of time she uses our car.
    2. Made the wife mad...cos, it just seems
    after 23 years of marriage, my eyesight is
    so bad that all I can do is "step in it."
    (If you have dogs, you know what I'm stepping in.)
    3. The WORSE...I shaved my moustache. I look
    like a stranger in the mirror.
    I'm pretty stupid. What have you done?
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle

Drove 25 miles to return something. When I got there I realized the item, the receipt, and my wallet were all still at home. Oh well a totally wasted trip...at least gas isn't $3+ a gallon!
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 293
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/01 16:34:10 (permalink)

I got so many stupid stuff I have done, my family has dubbed them, "Copper Stories".

Here's one:

Was working at a grill/sweatshop to the tune of 80 hours a week for $275 cash. ( I know that sounds Kooky, but I was running from a demon-seed, ie no records of my where-abouts).
    BUT THAT AINT THE STORY!

The proprieter demanded we wear a clean T-shirt, (the CS [chicken stinker]gave us two). I was living in a place my son has always referred to as a "campsite".
    Heck, a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. I drove a 1978 straight stick Chevy pick-up that I had to stand on my head to push in the clutch. Anyhoo, I digress.

One morning after closing at 10:00pm the night before (clean-up makes it Gawd only knows when) and having to report at 6:00 to make hommade bisquits, I was wearing a clean T-shirt that I washed in the tub with me while I bathed. Somehow I was walking, but not awake. Hit the Bacardi in the freezer, hit a blunt a few times and got on the road.

Guess stinking what? There was a major wreck on I-75. The tiny town of Locust Grove was at a standstill. At this point I was soooooooooooo late, I mean heck, its getting light outside, I'm thinking my fanny is chewed, blued and tattooed. I was sitten on that 350 motor with no AC. my feet were burning to beat the dang band, yeah it was freaking July. Thanks God I had my Raybans...........cos

Up at the intersection, a dyke deputy directing traffic sees me and approaches my truck (fighting off hyperventilation here)and a severe stroke and tried to take deep breaths.

She walks up to my window, hitches up her britches, leans into my truck and says , "Where you headin, DARLIN."

I stared straight forward, tried not to burst into tears and carried on some kind of conversation I will never remember.

Somehow, somewhere there is a God. I aint promotin DUI, but nether do I promote slave labor. You get by how the heck you can.

BTW, the stupid part Fieldthistle is that I ever got into the situation where I was a target for everyone. Never Again!

Yer Copper

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/01 17:12:37 (permalink)
    Today I drove 18 miles to the airport to return a Avis rental and pick up my truck in the indoor parking lot. I got there and checked in my car and got to my truck and realized my keys were still in my travel bag. There is where I put them to get through security at the airport.

A waste of time, gas and money.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    V960
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/01 18:48:25 (permalink)
    Just the ones this week will be enough, I think. Hay cutting season here right now. First stupid thing, I did NOT repeat myself to my 84 year old uncle that he should NOT start up the hay bailer I was working on, he did. Result, a three inch cut on my right hand. Lost enough blood I don't think I'll visit the Red Cross this month.

Second stupid thing, trying to get to Charlotte from the north side of town during race week...real stupid. Three hours later, I went through the median and came home.

At least I didn't do the max stupid thing for a redneck. "Hold my beer and watch this" Famous last words in the South.

Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/02 12:58:53 (permalink)

V960
    At least I didn't do the max stupid thing for a redneck. "Hold my beer and watch this" Famous last words in the South.

I had this wild hair idea to take a romantic carriage ride in Atlanta. It was sweet at the onset.......

Then this horse reared up on his back legs and tore down the dang street like 90 to nuthin. We were thrown all over the place........then the steed jumped onto the top of a vehicle, and we came to a screeching stop.

I never let go of my Gold Darn beer.

Bwa-hahhahahahhhahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Copper
    V960
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/02 14:15:05 (permalink)
    It may sound stupid but I have lost two people I know, not friends, who uttered those exxact words mere moments before going to their reward. "Hold my beer and watch this"

One jumped into a rock quarry lake only to hit a rock two feet under water after a sixty foot jump. Toast!

Another jumped on one of my stud horses who was a good stud but a poor riding horse only to be thrown onto a t-post like a kabob. Lived another two days in pain. Sold the horse, shouldn't have, because my wife insisted...it was her cousin that died.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/02 15:15:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by V960

It may sound stupid but I have lost two people I know, not friends, who uttered those exxact words mere moments before going to their reward. "Hold my beer and watch this"

One jumped into a rock quarry lake only to hit a rock two feet under water after a sixty foot jump. Toast!

Another jumped on one of my stud horses who was a good stud but a poor riding horse only to be thrown onto a t-post like a kabob. Lived another two days in pain. Sold the horse, shouldn't have, because my wife insisted...it was her cousin that died.

Christ, v960.
    I misunderstood the connatation.
    Deepest condolences to you and Ms. V60

Respectfully,
    Copper
    V960
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/02 15:54:44 (permalink)
    You were right the first time. These guys were drunken idiots. I had to work real hard to not dumb slap each one of them.

One Atlanta tv station used to run a cruel segment each Friday describing the demise of a southern individual (every once in a while it was female but 95% male) that week from stupidity. Never a shortage of subjects. Now I'm southern born and raised, we have no more idiots than say California but down here people SEEM to do more stupid life endangering tricks than anywhere else.

"Hold my beer and watch this"...I just cringe and plan on wearing a dark suit soon.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 15:37:09 (permalink)
    quote:

You were right the first time. These guys were drunken idiots. I had to work real hard to not dumb slap each one of them.

One Atlanta tv station used to run a cruel segment each Friday describing the demise of a southern individual (every once in a while it was female but 95% male) that week from stupidity. Never a shortage of subjects. Now I'm southern born and raised, we have no more idiots than say California but down here people SEEM to do more stupid life endangering tricks than anywhere else.

"Hold my beer and watch this"...I just cringe and plan on wearing a dark suit soon.

v960
    Now I'm southern born and raised, we have no more idiots than say California but down here people SEEM to do more stupid life endangering tricks than anywhere else.

I know I quoted yer whole post, but it deserved repeating (especially the California comment ) but it was the next to last statement that brought to mind one of the shenanigans my family will never let me live down.

Me and some pals were on Interstate I-75, and one of the guys dared me to ride on the roof of the car.......It didn't feel all that dangerous because it had a sun roof. So I sat on top with my feet dangling inside with buddies holding onto my legs for dear life. I was leaning froward and holding onto the ledge/opening. I CANNOT CONVEY THE EXHILARATION!!!!!!!!

In a state of Euphoria, I decided to sling my T-shirt to the wind (No, I have never been large breasted and passing motorists probably thought I was a boy with 3 foot long red hair, NOR was I under the influence of anything except being 15 years old).

Needless to say, we got pulled over. That cop snatched me off the roof like he was my dang Daddy, (God Bless Him, probably saved my life, or at the very least a bug in the eyeball).

I thought he was gonna spank my behind right there, I think he probably had a daughter my age and was seriously considering it......instead he whipped off his shirt, covered me up and wrote me a citation. Boy was he in a rage! (and rightfully so).

My parents refused to go to court with me, so my brother talked my mom into going if he agreed to go along (I have six older bros, but he is by far my favorite) and stand with us before the judge. The cop was there and when he told "His Honor" what happened the entire courtroom broke into hysterical laughter. I even think even the judge hid a smile he hid behind his hand.

KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR ON THE INTERSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That cop probably saved my life, wish I could remember his name.

I have lost so many friends/acquaintances to crazy stunts such as this, when you are young you think you are immortal.

Young People, YOU ARE NOT IMMORTAL.
    Don't die in order to learn this lesson.
    What is does to your family is uncommunicable.

Copper
    Pat T Hat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 968
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 16:07:43 (permalink)
    Rode (or tried to ride) Nitro the Wonder Mule. We named him that because it was a wonder anybody lived to tell about it. He thought whoa meant go I think. Got aboard AFTER he mangled three of my friends. What can I say, I thought he was tired. The real stupid part was I had on brand new gym shoes instead of changing into boots. My feet were stuck in the stirrups like glue while tried to knock my brains out on everthing he could find. I finally got them loose just when he put it into 4 hoofy drive " />! I come off his back like I was shot out if a cannon! Landed on my back onto a pile of gravel. Have not been the same since. We later found out he was one of a small percentage of mules who aren't sterile. Seems that mule stallions are a wee bit testy(pardon the pun)! Oh yeah, there was the time I stuck a tree in my head... .
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 16:34:12 (permalink)

Pat T Hat

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of trees, I never unnerstood why "ole" folks said, "That dang BB/Pellet gun gonna PUT YER EYE OUT"!!!!!!!

What the Freak?

I'm thinking to my young and dumb self, "heck amighty.....long as I dont put the butt on the ground, pull the trigger with my toe while aiming at my eyeball, I'm cool!

Yeah right.

My Grandaddy got me a pellet rifle at the age of 8. That man taught me more than the whole rest of me life did.

Anyhoo......it was the good ole kind, ya know, the ones you pump up til you can't pump no more, no safety and stuff blah blah blah......

Try aimin that baby at a big ole Oak tree.

Bwa-hahahahahhahahahahaha.

Ricocheted and hit me dead in the forehead. Thank God I was too little to pump up the Jam to an extreme velocity.
    Hurt like the dickens....why don't old folks explain that kinda stuff?

Copper
    scbuzz
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 844
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 16:39:14 (permalink)
    Closely following "Hold my beer" is the infamous "What's this do?"

I've known some real Einsteins try that one

I might have even tried it once or twice myself
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 17:33:33 (permalink)

We use to have BB gun fights, rules were you had to shoot below the shoulder, yeah right! Amazing that we did not put someone's eye out.

John
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 18:16:13 (permalink)
    I've lost my car/house keys three times in the past 12 months.
    Pat T Hat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 968
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 18:54:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

I'm glad I took the time to re-read your post. At first I thought you lost your house 3 times.
    Two summers ago I was working some state fairs with this guy and I went with him to his place instead of driving all the way home for a couple days break. We pulled into his drive and he went into shock. His mobile home was gone! His wife had for some reason or another stopped making payments. She understandingly was not present. Anyway the funny part was when we pulled up he just sat there looking confused and turned his head, looked at me and said "I swore that's where I left it"! What do you tell a guy? I just asked "are ya sure?".
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 20:03:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pat T Hat

quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

I'm glad I took the time to re-read your post. At first I thought you lost your house 3 times.
    Two summers ago I was working some state fairs with this guy and I went with him to his place instead of driving all the way home for a couple days break. We pulled into his drive and he went into shock. His mobile home was gone! His wife had for some reason or another stopped making payments. She understandingly was not present. Anyway the funny part was when we pulled up he just sat there looking confused and turned his head, looked at me and said "I swore that's where I left it"! What do you tell a guy? I just asked "are ya sure?".

LOL. THAT'S funny!

I'm pretty bad with my keys and spersonall items.
    I call my wife "my little beep" because I'm always asking her "Where's my________?"
    One day she said,"what am I? Your personal beeper?"
    I said, "yes, you're my little beep!"
    It has become a term of affection, and a sort of running joke.
    V960
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 20:55:30 (permalink)
    Scorereader,
    We bought my wife a key finder gizmo last Christmas. Its got a buzzer on the keychain and a master that she hits to make it go off. Works very well.

Copper,
    One of my very good friends (he was in my wedding) decided that riding down Park Rd in Charlotte (four lanes w/ a median, good address in the city) on top of my wife to be's Mazda 626 after a July 4th party was the thing to do. He and I were both well medicated w/ beer so I, of course, thought it would be a good idea to roll up the windows to make his holding on just a bit more challenging.

"Hold my beer and watch this"
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 21:41:20 (permalink)
    I trip over stuff that I know is there, like the floor fan, the chair legs. The door threshold. This is in bright light, not darkness or dim light. I feel real stupid when it happens, but it continues to happen.
    porkbeaks
    • Total Posts : 2217
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/05 22:12:08 (permalink)
    I continue to read Parses6 posts. pb
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5466
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 00:23:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by porkbeaks

LOL
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 02:31:08 (permalink)
    quote:

Make that 2!
    ANd copperhead's.. makes me eyes hurt. bawahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 03:41:33 (permalink)
    Yours make my head hurt the way they appear on the site with machine gun rapidity.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 09:39:16 (permalink)
    quote:

Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 10:41:03 (permalink)

scbuzz
    I might have even tried it once or twice myself
    COME ON GIVE IT UP SCBUZZ!
    What do ya do do after saying, "Watch this"?
    Inquiring minds gotta know.

John A
    We use to have BB gun fights, rules were you had to shoot below the shoulder, yeah right! Amazing that we did not put someone's eye out.

Aint the skinny! The powers that be must look out for drunks, fools, and young'uns.
    My brothers (6 of the demons)) used to have dart wars outside (plenty of trees, rocks to have cover). Now THAT was a sight. I was the youngest besides my sis who was too tiny to play.

You know the darts I'm talkin bout, the ones NORMAL people throw at a dart board?

I did manage to slip up on my nemises and sink one to the hilt in my eldest brothers left calf. My mom swears to this day I tore the screen off the sliding glass door to escape his wrath, course he weren't runnin too dang fast. (sneer)

Bwa-hahahahahahhahahhah

Served his rear-end right, he used to do that "horsey eatin corn" thing to the sides of both my knees and left bruises with his fingertips. I had my miniscule moments of revenge....and it was By Gosh sweet I'm screamin!

Scorereader

Now thats pretty darn irresponsible, SC. After losing mine several times I went to the local hardware and had extras of all made. Now.....iffen I could jess remember where I hid the dang things. [:P] heh heh

Pat T Hat
    Anyway the funny part was when we pulled up he just sat there looking confused and turned his head, looked at me and said "I swore that's where I left it"! What do you tell a guy? I just asked "are ya sure?".

Bwa-hahahahahhaahahhahahahhahahahaha, PTH.
    I gotta know how this story pans out!

V960
    He and I were both well medicated w/ beer so I, of course, thought it would be a good idea to roll up the windows to make his holding on just a bit more challenging.

"Hold my beer and watch this"

ROFL
    OK, V960, who said "Hold my beer and Watch this", you or the guy outside the vehicle?
    Perhaps there was a third passenger with one in each hand, and his own betwixt his legs?

enginecapt
    I trip over stuff that I know is there, like the floor fan, the chair legs. The door threshold. This is in bright light, not darkness or dim light. I feel real stupid when it happens, but it continues to happen.

I feel stupid when I am in the workshop, realize I need something located in the house and when I get there I forgot what I came for. Sometimes when I go BACK out to the workshop and remember what it is I need, I forget once again when in the house. WTF? I now carry a pen and scratch pad, it works well as long as I don't forget where I leave them.

I am also accident prone, ya think we might be cosmic pals?

roossy90
    Is it the colors or the Bwa-hahahhahahha, Terry?

The Copper

V960
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 12:28:26 (permalink)
    Third person was my wife who was driving. She had given up drinking a year or so before after almost breaking her leg coming down the stairs at La Paz.

One order of nachos and two large pitchers of maragritas between us made her utter one of her more famous comments just before the fall..."My teeth are numb"...two more steps and a bad tumble.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 13:37:23 (permalink)
    quote:

Third person was my wife who was driving. She had given up drinking a year or so before after almost breaking her leg coming down the stairs at La Paz.

One order of nachos and two large pitchers of maragritas between us made her utter one of her more famous comments just before the fall..."My teeth are numb"...two more steps and a bad tumble.

YIKES! Wastin away again in Margaritaville, huh? Hope she's OK.

So she held both of you crazy boyz beers?

Gotta nother one.......... Heck I got more than folks got time to read. I'll just stick here so as not to start a bunch of other inane/insane threads.

Background tunes.....
    "Got one for ya" (Kid Rock) MY MAN! (Jammin here...but we need background tunes.)

Back when I wuz raisin two young'uns alone, some Neanderthal thought it cute to break into my house through the back windows and just generally trash the place. Cripes, I had nuthin to steal. (I worked day and night, so he could invade at will). So I borrowed cash from my nemises (Big Uptight Bro, who found it in his heart to forgive the dart injury) and installed burglar bars on the back of the house.

No B&E for awhile.......then the moron started coming in the front windows, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, the most he got away with wuz a jar of pennies and some Kool-aid! WTH (What the Hang?)

Anyhoo, after I met demon-seed, mentioned in first post to this thread, I got totally riled one night. I mean getting yer rear kicked for waving at the postman, and getting paged at the grocery store for an emergency phone call just to moniter yer where abouts was bad enough, but he started messing with my 'Puter. Thats where I drew the line.

In a Blistering Blinding Copperhed rage I picked up the tower and literally threw it at the window with all my might. It broke the glass of course, but I had forgoten about the burgular bars!

It bounced back offa them bars and knocked me out cold.
    Bwa-hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahah
    Black eye and chipped front tooth!

I shoulda learned that from the dang Oak tree experience!

Copper

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 15:25:11 (permalink)
    Copper, you are one wild woman and I am sure glad I did not marry you. You could and would say the same about me but you have had the most wild experiences of any person I have ever conversated with over the internet.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 15:42:15 (permalink)
    This would make a good book! I will change the names to protect the....hmmmm.... maybe I won't change the names?

I keep coming to this thread to post my stupid stuff but, after re reading everything, I keep forgeting my stupid stuff!

I'll be back when I can remember.
    Joe
    Dipstick
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 338
    RE: Stupid Things We Do- I' tell mine and you? 2006/06/06 16:09:34 (permalink)
    Copper, you're posts are a blast to read!!! Like Paul, the Mayor, and others, you're one of the reasons I keep readin'! Thanks!

And now for my brain fart. Saturday morning I got up early ready for a day of yard work. I noticed in the mirror, as I do more and more frequently these days, that during the night several foot-long gray hairs had grown out of places they shouldn't, this time namely the eyebrows. Thinkly quickly (and wisely so I thought) I whipped out the old beard trimmer and placed it on a setting I was just certain would perfectly remove the unsightly intruders while leaving the natural brow undisturbed. Let's just say it has been an interesting week of comments. At least I was smart enough to stop after one....
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1