Sub-Leasing or Renting your cart...

Author
lcos80
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2013/04/09 14:05:30 (permalink)

Sub-Leasing or Renting your cart...

Hey everyone! I am a Hot Dog vendor out in Florida but only work on the weekends. A friend of mine wants to rent my cart and sell hot dogs Mon-Thurs paying a daily rental fee.  Can you lend your advice in this situation? IE:

1-What are the risks? 
2-Is it legal? if not, what needs to be done to make sure it is?
3-Does the worker need to have his own licenses? 
4-How much would it cost to rent a cart? 

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

3 Replies Related Threads

BpCBlake
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 439
    Re:Sub-Leasing or Renting your cart... 2013/04/09 14:38:14 (permalink)
    there are so many ways to do it. from a full stocked setup and food on your location, to just renting the bare cart out. most important. Protect your cart to the max. either put them on your insurance or make them get full insurance up front. Full coverage. everything from loss to total desruction. this is your business, protect it. you can also rent the cart, and sell the food and drinks to them. and if they are not working for you, they also need all thier own permits and licenses too.
    tbone654
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re:Sub-Leasing or Renting your cart... 2013/04/11 12:46:46 (permalink)
    My opinion...
    Rule #1: No one takes care of my stuff as well as I do... 
    My best friends son has been begging me to rent him my cart for a couple of years...  I wouldn't charge him a dime, because he's family, but I will NOT let him use my cart either.  Because of rule #1
    Now think about renting a cart out to a friend or stranger...  They will not be your friend for long... IMO

your #1 - Risks to many to mention (I've run businesses for 30 years, so I'm jaded).
    your #2 - It's legal, but as you can imagine you should have an iron-clad agreement (contract) to protect yourself.
    your #3 - If the person does NOT have a license, he's your worker.  If he DOES have his own license, your liability is less.
    your #4 - How much would it cost?  I can NOT put together a good cost model where I could ever see it profitable enough to rent or lease a cart to someone else, short of giving em a royal screwing.  And I just can't see doing that to a friend.

Note:  People want to use my cart all the time...  I tell them I come with the cart, and make the fees for that privilege high enough to discourage them most of the time.  That's my side of the story...
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10353
    Re:Sub-Leasing or Renting your cart... 2013/04/12 01:02:20 (permalink)
    Google "Renting a Hot Dog Cart"
    You'll get all kinds of info.
    Call one of those companies and ask how much they charge
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1