~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread

Author
wheregreggeats.com
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4593
Flagged as Spam (1)
2014/04/11 12:55:10 (permalink)

~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread

Maybe that was the stuff that makes their bakeries smell so foul.
http://www.komonews.com/n...m-bread-254910731.html

18 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6201
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/11 16:49:00 (permalink)
    ...and that's what you get if you make the poor decision of ordering a cheap sub at subway......like I'd never eat a supposed hamburger at McDonalds, I'd never eat a sub from subway...Lord knows we have plenty of class sub shops here!
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/11 19:23:49 (permalink)
    Pretty much all bread produced in Commercial bakery operations contains stuff you shouldn't eat.

Turtle66
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 137
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/13 14:02:43 (permalink)
    It's almost seems like someone is deliberately trying to slowly poison us...
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1269
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/16 10:24:14 (permalink)
    Now we should start a campaign to have them get rid of the dihydrogen monoxide in all their foods.

Bart
    brisketboy
    • Total Posts : 1089
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/16 10:42:33 (permalink)
    Think back to the great "pink slime" debate and think about this? Who's really in charge at the FDA. Some lobbyist I'll bet. I recently came across an article about foods that are allowed to be sold here but banned in Europe. You can't trust the label "organic" either.
    RKB
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 172
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/17 10:29:54 (permalink)
    bartl

Now we should start a campaign to have them get rid of the dihydrogen monoxide in all their foods.

Bart

Kind of hard to do without....

leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/17 15:31:21 (permalink)
    bartl

Bart

...and the cheap pre-sliced cold cuts,the cheap,imitation Italian bread....the..............
    Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5047
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 10:14:47 (permalink)
    bartl

Bart

I'm afraid I'm already addicted." />
    MellowRoast
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 10:43:20 (permalink)
    Like Twinwillow, I think I am, too.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 14:50:39 (permalink)
    To a Subway sub?????    Don't they have real subs near you guys? Just asking,what is so "addicting to a subway Sub...the white bread style bread? the Factory pre sliced low quality cold cuts? If you must try a Chain sub, see if you have a Jersey Mike's near you!!!
    jman
    • Total Posts : 1318
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 15:07:46 (permalink)
    leethebard

To a Subway sub?????    Don't they have real subs near you guys? Just asking,what is so "addicting to a subway Sub...the white bread style bread? the Factory pre sliced low quality cold cuts? If you must try a Chain sub, see if you have a Jersey Mike's near you!!!

I think you just outed yourself about your lack of knowledge of Subway. They have offered a variety of breads for a number of years.  As usual, just like you do with other chains, you seem to misunderstand that they succeed because they understand their own customer base.  Complain all you want and continue to be the food snob you are and these chains will continue to succeed long after you're gone.  BTW, since your chain complaints are all pretty much the same, why do you even bother to comment on them?  Do you really think that the words of the renowned leethebard really are worth a tinkers dam when applied to FF? We get it. We've always gotten it. 
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 15:31:45 (permalink)
    jman

leethebard

I think you just outed yourself about your lack of knowledge of Subway. They have offered a variety of breads for a number of years.  As usual, just like you do with other chains, you seem to misunderstand that they succeed because they understand their own customer base.  Complain all you want and continue to be the food snob you are and these chains will continue to succeed long after you're gone.  BTW, since your chain complaints are all pretty much the same, why do you even bother to comment on them?  Do you really think that the words of the renowned leethebard really are worth a tinkers dam when applied to FF? We get it. We've always gotten it. 

Oh God,I'm not outing myself at all.Research their supposed"Quality" And what the heck does that mean anyway. My comments were based on this thread's topic of the chemicals in Subway's imitation Italian.  I simply like quality,,,,,You might like Pizza Hut...but it's fast food pizza, and certainly, if you check the ingredients, noy quality. Those many styles of Subway bread have all been tried in our family....ONCE...it's pre made (poorly made as discussed above) , and simply baked in what appears to be a large toaster oven....and has the consistency of wonder bread....and a little research will show you those cheap cold cuts are pre sliced at the factoryand shipped to a franchise  that way.  Now,if you like that quality, God Bless you, But even chains like Jersey Mike's and South West Subs use REAL Italian bread and Slice their own quality cold cuts, Check out South West subs and check their statements about quality. I'm no snob...but blessed to live in an area where I can get real quality subs,pizza, burgers etc, and don't have to settle,IF I DON'T WANT TO, to the fast food,cheapened version.I'll skip the $5 sub and pay 9-10 for a loaded quality sub, two can easily share!!! Oh and I do eat at chains...We love Waffle House 5 Guys,,,etc. But we also check what we're getting. Again I'm no snob, and respect other's choices in food. Just commenting on this thread and the lack of Subway's quality a....please check it out, before you try to "OUT"me!!! Thanks for listening.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 15:38:24 (permalink)
    http://www.tradeleaks.com/leak/667/
    ...and here is some info on the Frozen bread,thawed and then cooked etc.....No much for "fresh"
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 16:01:35 (permalink)
    ...oh and I am not
    "renowned"....I always say,if you like what you eat good.Years ago I was teased here at Roadfood (which I don't mind,if it isn't insulting) about liking a chain in Manhattan ,Bubba Gumps. I liked it for its beautiful view of Times Square. I knew it was a chain,but we enjoyed the food. We eat at many chains...dozens exist locally here...and with a family of four we go often.....If you enjoy,and don't mind the food...go....but if it's quality that isn't there being defended, that's another story...if you don't mind thawed bread or sugared tomato sauce, and sugared dough, great enjoy....but don't deny it's there...or insult others for feeling differently. God Bless you and enjoy what you want!!!! ...and so that is why I "bother to comment" on chains....just setting my record straight!!!
    post edited by leethebard - 2014/04/18 16:04:48
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 553
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 16:34:37 (permalink)
    Twinwillow

bartl

Bart

And Mellow Roast added,
    <<..."Like Twinwillow, I think I am, too."....>>

Shall I be the one to let them in on what they are missing. or should we keep this rolling?  Okay, before jman and leethebard kill each other, I think I'll spill the beans.  I'm addicted to di-hydrogen monoxide, as well!   You see, di-hydrogen monoxide is H2O. ... Water! 
    I think the reason that bartl posted it is that there are lots of "scary" sounding ingredients in food, but that does not necessarily make them bad, and perhaps that was his point. .     Unless you truly know it's something bad, don't let a "chemical" name scare you.  After all, every ingredient in everything is a "chemical", including water.   
    Water was used as an example of something that can be made to sound "scary", even if it's not. 

Glenn

post edited by Glenn1234 - 2014/04/18 16:37:43
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 17:44:09 (permalink)
    Glenn1234

Twinwillow

bartl

Bart

And Mellow Roast added,
    <<..."Like Twinwillow, I think I am, too."....>>

Shall I be the one to let them in on what they are missing. or should we keep this rolling?  Okay, before jman and leethebard kill each other, I think I'll spill the beans.  I'm addicted to di-hydrogen monoxide, as well!   You see, di-hydrogen monoxide is H2O. ... Water! 
    I think the reason that bartl posted it is that there are lots of "scary" sounding ingredients in food, but that does not necessarily make them bad, and perhaps that was his point. .     Unless you truly know it's something bad, don't let a "chemical" name scare you.  After all, every ingredient in everything is a "chemical", including water.   
    Water was used as an example of something that can be made to sound "scary", even if it's not. 

Glenn

MellowRoast
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 19:16:21 (permalink)
    Leethebard -- Actually, I was being facetious.  While I like Subway just fine, they certainly aren't the quality of subs I enjoyed while in PA and DE (haven't sampled NJ).  We don't have Jersey Mike's here,  but we do have Jimmy John's and Penn Station -- neither of which I've tried yet.   We also have Firehouse Subs, but I don't find them any more remarkable than Subway.   There are some extremely good mom & pops here, but I still can't get anything close to the subs I enjoyed in Wilmington, DE.   
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    Re:~ Subway to remove 'yoga mat chemical' from bread 2014/04/18 19:54:46 (permalink)
    MellowRoast

Leethebard -- Actually, I was being facetious.  While I like Subway just fine, they certainly aren't the quality of subs I enjoyed while in PA and DE (haven't sampled NJ).  We don't have Jersey Mike's here,  but we do have Jimmy John's and Penn Station -- neither of which I've tried yet.   We also have Firehouse Subs, but I don't find them any more remarkable than Subway.   There are some extremely good mom & pops here, but I still can't get anything close to the subs I enjoyed in Wilmington, DE.   

Understood. Thanks!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1